• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Zabojnik

Zabo, you company man, what is this drivel? WHO CARES about the gypsies, the children and the poor? We'll destroy their homes (or pavements if we're referring to the homeless), sell their organs, drink their blood and bathe in their tears if it means getting Falcao

I think Conte leaving broke something inside me. I'm hypeless, I have no hype. Nor do I care about our season. 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th place ... who cares. Why bother with anything?

Go_Ly_Dow

lol

_77219423_premierleaguestats.jpg

Clegg

mainly down to owaiting for the WC to end and for LVG to assess his squad, that said, he's only been there for 6 weeks not ample time to trim the boated mess that Man United FC
That's just a handy excuse to be peddled. Missed out on Hummels, missed out on Vermaelen and pussy footed around Vidal for weeks because we weren't sure of his fitness. Now Juve can ask for anything they want and there's no time to negotiate a price down. We've already seen what's happened to our defence after not bringing in central defenders earlier.

Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl 1h
FIFA made it harder for an outsider to run for president. New rule: Must have been player or FA/confed/FIFA exec for 2 of 5 previous years.

LeanderLastNameNoFit @LeanderOnFOX · 34m
KNVB (Dutch soccer): "We're disappointed few other EU federations are willing to cooperate on presenting a counter-candidate" for FIFA prez.

LeanderLastNameNoFit @LeanderOnFOX · 28m
So, with Platini not running, and new rules against total outsiders contending, sounding like Blatter will be re-elected. Sigh.

LeanderLastNameNoFit @LeanderOnFOX · 4m
Note how FIFA's new rule on eligibility for president (2 years out of last 5 in some federation capacity) neatly excludes Jerome Champagne.

LeanderLastNameNoFit @LeanderOnFOX · 3m
Platini won't run and the only other viable candidate has been excluded from any presidential race. Sepp has this one tied up in a nice bow.

LeanderLastNameNoFit @LeanderOnFOX · 8s
After all, Champagne left FIFA in 2010.

FIFA!

sorry if old

Bold One

That's just a handy excuse to be peddled. Missed out on Hummels, missed out on Vermaelen and pussy footed around Vidal for weeks because we weren't sure of his fitness. Now Juve can ask for anything they want and there's no time to negotiate a price down. We've already seen what's happened to our defence after not bringing in central defenders earlier.

not really a de facto excuse but it is a contributing factor,

night and day compared to last summer, the problem is we lost 3 of our best defenders

Meier

Agreed, it's absolutely an excuse. It's obvious that LVG could have sanctioned sales of many players without seeing them in person. This is 2014, there are a lot of ways to do things like this.

United just need to accept that they'll have to significantly subsidize wages if they want guys out. We had to do it with Adebayor, Bridge, Santa Cruz, etc. but the team was better off for it. They've done it with Nani finally but others should have been shipped off months ago. It's fun to see them flounder but at the same point in time, it's just kind of strange.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Seriously. Is there really a chance that Vidal joins United in the next few days?
Why of course. Read on my timeline that Vidal is avoiding eye contact with the fans lately, if that isn't proof that he's leaving than I don't know what is...

I think Conte leaving broke something inside me. I'm hypeless, I have no hype. Nor do I care about our season. 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th place ... who cares. Why bother with anything?

Me too, and I much prefer this 'mode' than our old "omg treble or gtfo" mode with Conte. It's less stressful, and reminds me of the good old days of Ranieri and Delneri. Whatever happens happens, what is dead may never die, as long as we're not too embarrassing and we give it a go in Europe...I'll be happy!

in the meantime

cheers.gif

let's make babies and start achieving

edit: well I don't mean WE make babies together, but I'm down if you're.

Clegg

Guardian says the two clubs in for Hernansez have bid between £12-15m. This really should be a chance to bring down any price we may have been given for Vidal.

But it won't.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guardian says the two clubs in for Hernansez have bid between £12-15m. This really should be a chance to bring down any price we may have been given for Vidal.

But it won't.

12-15m doesn't sound like a bid we'd make :lol

Meier

I'll be amazed if Balanta goes for only €5m. What in the world were Barca thinking if they skipped over him at that price?

Fuck Galliani.

Di Marzio thinks Torres is close. Honestly, strikers can play into their late 30s there in Italy.. he could miraculously rediscover his form and be your starter for 5 or 6 years! What an exciting proposition.

Jarnet87

Were not really in for Carvalho. We all know it, so Juve certainly know it, won't help lower the Vidal price at all. Give them 40 million Chicha and Shinji and be done with it.

Carbonox

Went from being a total cripple yesterday morning cos of the tendonitis in my left leg to being able to run around the house like a small child and bend my knee perfectly.

This may or may have have to do with the horse steroid cream
placenta
I applied to my leg throughout the day. My grandad who has a farm gave it to me cos he said despite being used for horse injuries it can be used on humans. I am a one man trial machine.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Clegg

Were not really in for Carvalho. We all know it, so Juve certainly know it, won't help lower the Vidal price at all. Give them 40 million Chicha and Shinji and be done with it.
Could also be the case that we're now after Carvalho because Juve told us to fuck off. But after LvG's interview last weekend I think we're def going for Vidal. Hard to say if we get him though. Leaning towards a no.

darknil

I'll be amazed if Balanta goes for only €5m. What in the world were Barca thinking if they skipped over him at that price?
Apparently when it was initially offered, it was for 20m.

I'm fearing Balanta will be the new Rivas that just disappeared after that big Inter transfer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Why would we care if you're in for another midfielder? :looooooooooooool

we're not trying to sell him, YOU are trying to buy him.

Jarnet87

Could also be the case that we're now after Carvalho because Juve told us to fuck off. But after LvG's interview last weekend I think we're def going for Vidal. Hard to say if we get him though. Leaning towards a no.

LVG doesn't rate Carvalho. If he did he would of approved the move and we'd of just payed his buyout clause or close to it. Would of been done and dusted when we got Shaw and Herrera. At this point would be as desperate a buy as Fellaini.

Clegg

LVG doesn't rate Carvalho. If he did he would of approved the move and we'd of just payed his buyout clause or close to it. Would of been done and dusted when we got Shaw and Herrera.
Or we're now scrambling for another midfielder since Vidal isn't coming and have settled on Carvalho because we could get him for £13m less than what we could've at the start of the transfer window.

Zabojnik

I've always rated Chicharito. He just needs to get back his confidence. Being the 4th/5th striker for Juve should take care of that.

Jarnet87

Or we're now scrambling for another midfielder since Vidal isn't coming and have settled on Carvalho because we could get him for £13m less than what we could've at the start of the transfer window.

i wish. I think it's like a 95% chance we end this window not adding another CM/DM. the 5% chance is we get Vidal. No faith at all in getting Carvalho. I'd love to get him as we desperately need a DM.

LVG doesn't rate Carvalho. If he did he would of approved the move and we'd of just payed his buyout clause or close to it. Would of been done and dusted when we got Shaw and Herrera. At this point would be as desperate a buy as Fellaini.

Time to realize this isn't LVG's A-list

Rojo, Carvalho is all his B-list

Di Maria was just something pulled due to how bad we were against Swansea.

Top Bottom