• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

omgkitty

Does Penny or Milch have an opinion on if Dortmund would sell Sokratis? I know he's not a starter, though he played most of last season due to injuries to Hummels and Subotic, and you guys have Ginter now and Sarr is still there, though I'm not sure how much he's played.

So he has his best season in his managerial career, then goes back to the old days of overpaying for Man Utd castoffs. Dammit, Bruce.

I can;t actually remember if he used to do this, I feel like he did though

here's the main problem

we don't want anything :lol there's no fixed price

I'm not saying you would tell us you want a certain amount, but if you're still refusing our offers after a particularly high bid, we'd likely give up and look elsewhere.

K1LLER7

here's the main problem

we don't want anything :lol there's no fixed price
Agree that there was no set price.
Marotta would have had a price in mind if the club was ever going to sell him. However whatever we may have offered just wasn't enough to tempt Juventus to think of a sale.

Anyway, enjoy Hernandez and his super sub goals.

Cleverley is leaving too :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not saying you would tell us you want a certain amount, but if you're still refusing our offers after a particularly high bid, we'd likely give up and look elsewhere.

that's the plan

thh.gif

no worries, I don't think you'll give up. Vidal won't let you

omgkitty

He didn't really say that. He said we should bid for Messi next. :/

Yeah I went back and searched. I knew he couldn't have said anything nice:

We're definitely not selling Sokratis :lol

He just joined last summer. Also, Subotic just came back from a 6 month break and hasn't played a competitive match yet, Hummels is still injured and had no pre-season and Ginter is 20 years old and just joined us. Selling Sokratis would be mental.

Oh well. I think the only way they sell him is if we meet that 25m fee or whatever. They have no reason to sell him and I don't see Arsene spending 25m on a backup CB. Seriously wish we'd just get Schar. He'd probably be around 10m and he's young and would need to integrate into the team anyways, so he might be okay being backup.

inky

Ugh, my FPL. Vlaar injured and now Costa. At least I saved my free transfer this week. Now I can't drop Alexis. I hope he delivers this week.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"I feel like a modern-day slave, let me go"

*years later*

"pls come back WE LOVE YOU"

fuck that. Die in Madrid.

Pennywise

Does Penny or Milch have an opinion on if Dortmund would sell Sokratis? I know he's not a starter, though he played most of last season due to injuries to Hummels and Subotic, and you guys have Ginter now and Sarr is still there, though I'm not sure how much he's played.
Sarr was injured again and first needs to prove himself with our 2nd team for at least one season.
He's not really an option for the first team now.

Subotic just came back from his ACL and obviously Ginter is already replacing Hummels now.
So I seriously doubt it, unless Wenger really opens his pockets.

Would be a great signing without a doubt.
Better than Mertesacker for sure.

omgkitty

Sarr was injured again and first needs to prove himself with our 2nd team for at least one season.
He's not really an option for the first team now.

Subotic just came back from his ACL and obviously Ginter is already replacing Hummels now.
So I seriously doubt it, unless Wenger really opens his pockets.

Would be a great signing without a doubt.
Better than Mertesacker for sure.

That's what I thought. As soon as I saw it, I knew it probably wouldn't happen. I am at least glad we're being linked with players of that caliber. Wenger isn't taking the easy route of just signing some shit CB from Italy or Spain who can't even get a game there.

EmiPrime

I've got a ticket to see our U21s tonight (it was free). I really want to see Zelalem and Akpom play but I also just want to stay in bed and do nothing.

Decisions...

omgkitty

I've got a ticket to see our U21s tonight (it was free). I really want to see Zelalem and Akpom play but I also just want to stay in bed and do nothing.

Decisions...

Whenever you talk about going to see Arsenal I find it weird because I assumed you were French.

Meier

2nd in Footy-GAF right now. I've apparently already used my transfer this week so I can't easily replace Costa.. and Bojan has been useless and plays against City. *shakes fist* Guess it'll be a 4-5-1 week.

I just giggled at the thought of Cleverley leaving. There'll be celebrations when he does.

No, we are not getting Vidal. Too late. Juventus would be idiots to sell one of the best midfielder in the world late in the transfer window.

EDIT: So what's next, Anderson, Young, Valencia. God we have so many shitheads in our team that probably won't even be in the first team on a midtable club.

omgkitty

Sven Claes ‏@svenclaes 3h

After lots of questions: Toby Alderweireld (25) isn't going to Arsenal. Belgian defender doesn't want to sit on the bench at Emirates. #AFC

Sigh there goes another one.

Fill me in about Destro.

I don't really follow Italian football much.

The only certainty I know before even watching him play is that he is better than Torres.

What type of striker is he? Poacher? Dribbler? Quick? Physical?

Top Bottom