• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our best player Invid last year turned into our troll this year

Hixx will follow the same suit next year and turn into Altidore

We need a new king

hBgv9u1.jpg

i35phfCoWXN2p.gif
i35phfCoWXN2p.gif
i35phfCoWXN2p.gif
i35phfCoWXN2p.gif
i35phfCoWXN2p.gif
i35phfCoWXN2p.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Return of the king

You got till Koo gets sick of Destiny

He logs into clubs early to steal positions, he is crafty.

Invid and Koo on the wings for another year

Good lord

K1LLER7

Our best player Invid last year turned into our troll this year

Hixx will follow the same suit next year and turn into Altidore

We need a new king
King has turned down your offer.

I'm happy at my current club, however an improved offer may change my mind. /FifaManagerMode.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

I look forward nothing more than to see which of your personalities joins up next year.

I wonder who has retired

Who new will join us?

Dada Toure?

Harpkeisha?

The Estuary?

Mata linked with Juve in the Mirror. I know its the Mirror but still, perhaps if United kept the receipt they could just return him? Im sure he'd enjoy training with Lewis Baker and the other kids

You got till Koo gets sick of Destiny

He logs into clubs early to steal positions, he is crafty.

Invid and Koo on the wings for another year

Good lord

Kyoufu will always make way for me. That Geordie connection, we feed eachother in an almost sexual way.

Almost.

Mr Cola

Mata linked with Juve in the Mirror. I know its the Mirror but still, perhaps if United kept the receipt they could just return him? Im sure he'd enjoy training with Lewis Baker and the other kids

If we sell Mata because we cant get him to work, that would be bad, if we replace Mata for Rooney who also doesnt work, and dont give Mata any chances, that would be criminal.

I dont know if he has the stones to drop Rooney for Mata.

Feel sorry for Mata, he was every bit as much a panic signing as Fellaini imo. Worse still he was bought for a position that doesn't need strengthening. Only way he would've made sense was if the club had decided to sell Rooney.

dc89

New MGS trailer & gameplay presentation at TGS. YESSSSSSSS.

It's not. This will probably be the last thing I can say about it until the 18th. Please be excite.

And it's not Afghanistan either, new area!! FUUUUUU. ABDI! FF! MAHMOUD!!!

DBT85

Formations should be gk at the bottom, not the top.

Just watching Football Today and they were discussing United formations. Curbs and Spackman felt that the two players under pressure are going to be RVP and Mata. They also both think we'll get 5th.

Pennywise

Fifa 15 PS4 Club

Bla,Pennywise,K1ller7,Phlebas

Maybe :
Quiche
Fergie
Dean
Footballfan

We need a name, and a list with the PSN IDs.

Fifa 15 PS4 Club

Maybe :
Quiche
Fergie
Dean
Footballfan

The clubs we've used are usually Believe FC. And I'm a very unlikely. I have friends on the PS4 that I play clubs with and any other time I play with the pc club. I'll probably pop in every so often but not a lot I'm afraid.

Mr Cola

Fifa 15 PS4 Club

Maybe :
Quiche
Fergie
Dean
Footballfan

QUICHE IS NOT YOURS TO HAVE!

Pennywise

The clubs we've used are usually Believe FC. And I'm a very unlikely. I have friends on the PS4 that I play clubs with and any other time I play with the pc club. I'll probably pop in every so often but not a lot I'm afraid.

Don't worry.
I just want to get a general idea who's interested in playing matches.
Even if you don't show up that often it's better than nothing.

QUICHE IS NOT YOURS TO HAVE!

Cola pls.
We're just borrowing him for some matches, he's still part of Believe FC.

Berardi is a god. Just put Italy U21s up 3-2 over Serbia U21s with a 25 yard bullet.

Italy fought back from 2-0 down, I've only watched the second half but so far they look very good, styling on Serbia. Berardi is a step above everyone else, he should probably be on the main team.

Mr Cola

Im a start getting contracts signed

I wont have shufflin' in clubs

Zabojnik

Berardi is a god. Just put Italy U21s up 3-2 over Serbia U21s with a 25 yard bullet.

Italy fought back from 2-0 down, I've only watched the second half but so far they look very good, styling on Serbia. Berardi is a step above everyone else, he should probably be on the main team.

He's so fucking good. Such an obvious talent. Why the fuck are we leaving him at Sassuolo for another year, ffs.

YES BAYERN

Because you posted the picture and considering it's international break and there's nothing interesting going on, I wanna talk about Sammer.

I still don't get the guy. As a player, he spent 5 years playing for us, winning 2 league titles and a CL title, also won the ballon d'Or as "our" player. He then became our coach and won another league title. Sure, it didn't end perfectly as he was sacked after one (or two) disappointing season(s). But he was on his way to become a club legend, or already was, and all he needed to do is talk respectfully about BVB.

When he became director of sports at the DFB, there were signs he didn't really "like" what happened at BVB with Klopp. And since he works at Bayern, he has talked way too much shit about us/Klopp. I don't think many BVB fans respect Sammer anymore and the ones who do only talk about the player Sammer, not the person.

Now, I still wonder why he did, or rather still does, this. Is it because Sammer himself wanted to become the coach that Klopp has become? A person that is loved by everyone and had a long and successful era at the club? There might be some truth in this considering both Sammer and Klopp started to coach at a very young age, so there are parallels. The big difference being that Klopp was a coach at Mainz and was allowed to make mistakes, Sammer at big clubs like BVB and Stuttgart where there wasn't much room for mistakes.

But Sammer also seems to not get along very well with Watzke and our new finance strategy to not spend what we don't have. Which is a huge contrast to the "success over everything at all cost" strategy that Meier had at the time Sammer was our coach. Maybe it's a combination of Klopp being more successful and BVB operating with reasonable money? Lots of people still say the 2002 league title was bought and thus take away something of Sammer's success?

Well, we probably won't ever know the answer but I'd really like to know. Sammer was a person I looked up to as a kid but there's not much respect left now. It's quite sad actually.

Because you posted the picture and considering it's international break and there's nothing interesting going on, I wanna talk about Sammer.

I still don't get the guy. As a player, he spent 5 years playing for us, winning 2 league titles and a CL title, also won the ballon d'Or as "our" player. He then became our coach and won another league title. Sure, it didn't end perfectly as he was sacked after one (or two) disappointing season(s). But he was on his way to become a club legend, or already was, and all he needed to do is talk respectfully about BVB.

When he became director of sports at the DFB, there were signs he didn't really "like" what happened at BVB with Klopp. And since he works at Bayern, he has talked way too much shit about us/Klopp. I don't think many BVB fans respect Sammer anymore and the ones who do only talk about the player Sammer, not the person.

Now, I still wonder why he did, or rather still does, this. Is it because Sammer himself wanted to become the coach that Klopp has become? A person that is loved by everyone and had a long and successful era at the club? There might be some truth in this considering both Sammer and Klopp started to coach at a very young age, so there are parallels. The big difference being that Klopp was a coach at Mainz and was allowed to make mistakes, Sammer at big clubs like BVB and Stuttgart where there wasn't much room for mistakes.

But Sammer also seems to not get along very well with Watzke and our new finance strategy to not spend what we don't have. Which is a huge contrast to the "success over everything at all cost" strategy that Meier had at the time Sammer was our coach. Maybe it's a combination of Klopp being more successful and BVB operating with reasonable money? Lots of people still say the 2002 league title was bought and thus take away something of Sammer's success?

Well, we probably won't ever know the answer but I'd really like to know. Sammer was a person I looked up to as a kid but there's not much respect left now. It's quite sad actually.

He was sacked two years after winning a Bundesliga title, it's not difficult to see why he's so bitter.

Mr Cola

David Luiz will be the highest, just wait for it.

And Özil as good as Reus looool.

Is Ozil considered one of the best Mids in the world at the moment?

I genuinely dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom