• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

10381981_531964920282732_2826969356020497252_n.jpg
I'm so hyped.

It's terrifically good. Even a Rhodes brother likes it. I would advise subtitles though (I think the accents are piss easy to understand...but I would) for folk not from UK.

Easily one of the best shows of 2014, no questions asked.

I´ll definitely check it out then. I have the subtitles on by default, I normally have no problems with English accents but there´s always a word or two that I miss.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Haha, I hear talk of the PC version being easier. I bet GLFC would kick ass on it! :D

You havent played the Italian job on a rainy night

You havent suffered like we have

Meier

Just took a 4 point hit to sell Sturridge and add Dzeko then get rid of Bojan for Pelle. I was in first in Footy-GAF but now it'll go back to Willkiller. Son of a bitch.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Its an decent film broken up by some outstanding set-pieces

The last 40 minutes is great sequel material, the prior stuff is absolute horsewash, including the fights.

I actually really like the architect stuff

Arnie

Scored the winner in that friendly today though. Must be back soon.
Did he?

Just be glad I don't support Manchester United or I'd be ejaculating that information into your eyeballs with little remorse.

A Di Maria friendly is akin to locusts.

Blablurn

Di Maria: "I don't know how to speak English, but I have a teacher and I call Mata if I need help for now."

Di Maria: "I saw what Florentino said. To be able to earn like Cristiano, you need to have won the Ballon d'Or."

Di Maria: "I don't have much of a relationship with Florentino. He wasn't even there when I signed my contract."

Sturridge tweeted his disappointment at the latest injury – the fourth he’s suffered with England in the past 15 months.

“Heartbroken soul right now,” he tweeted. “Nothing worse than being injured. Hopefully be back soon fighting fit for LFC.”

Last December, Hodgson admitted he played a less than fully fit Sturridge to “test his resolve”.

6vDjpoi.gif

Initial reports have suggested he faces two to three weeks on the sidelines, but there are suggestions that he has torn his thigh muscle – which would mean longer on the sidelines.

Former England forward Michael Owen is reported to have said “I was there and from my experience and the way Daniel pulled up, I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t a thigh tear.”

dZyb491.gif

Arnie

He decimated the world champions single handedly. He's coming for you, Brendan.
He scored a goal at International level.

International level is a fucking abyss compared to actual competitive football. Never rated it, never will. Like two training sessions before a match. What's the point.

Wilbur

Banned
He scored a goal at International level.

International level is a fucking abyss compared to actual competitive football. Never rated it, never will. Like two training sessions before a match. What's the point.

I did say this to Shanks yesterday when he said he loved international football far more than club, m8

Calma. We're in the same boat.

Not a battleship, mind. Just a dinghy.

K1LLER7

Di Maria: "I don't know how to speak English, but I have a teacher and I call Mata if I need help for now."

Di Maria: "I saw what Florentino said. To be able to earn like Cristiano, you need to have won the Ballon d'Or."

Di Maria: "I don't have much of a relationship with Florentino. He wasn't even there when I signed my contract."
Florentino done goofed with this one.

LVG wants players to speak English. Mata should get paid more for working as translator.

Di Maria: "A letter from Real Madrid arrived [the day of the final] at 11 am to forbid me to play. They gave it to me and I tore it up."

Real Madrid are jokes.

L1NETT

Credit to the Spirit Of Shankly, Blue Union, Tottenham Supporters Trust, Foxes Trust, Leicester City FC and the Aston Villa Supporters Trust for their joint statement thingy on ticket prices and the like.

Couple of good snippets

Pop open the champagne corks. Ring the Guinness Book of Records. It’s another record breaking achievement for the Premier League. No wonder it’s celebrated with such fervour. £835 million spent in a single transfer window. Doesn’t it leave with you with a warm, fuzzy feeling inside?

Supporters of Premier League clubs are meant to be grateful for the £200,000 set aside at each club for ‘Away Fan’s Initiatives’ whilst a record £835 million was spent on transfer fees alone this summer, never mind agent fees and wages. That’s a total of 0.48% of what was spent on another millionaire. It’s just 0.15% of the £2.7billion revenue clubs made in 2012/13 or 0.13% of the predicted £3.2billion in 2013/14. Worst still it is just 0.077% of the £5.218billion in a TV deal.

We could go on. But the facts are clear. More money than ever before is in football yet it still goes in through one bank account and out to top up others people’s already bulging bank balances.

Those that pump money into football must realise the role they have to play. The TV broadcasters, the sponsors and the partners who want our custom must realise that it comes at a price

pappe

Looking at United squad I have a feeling Matas time is up at United. He is not gonna be played ahead of Rooney who will play in the hole behind Falcao and RVP.

He is also not gonna be played ahead of Herrera, Blind and Maria in the middle 3.

Might actually stay up for Brazil vs Colombia.

That's how much I love Falcao.

I think it's just lust though, not actual love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom