• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been posted?

Felipe Melo has been suspended for 2 matches by Galatasaray for tweeting that the Fenerbahce's president should eat his own balls.

56Id7cH.jpg

Fry pls

Can't believe his hair went that quickly.

Facism

Has this been posted?

Felipe Melo has been suspended for 2 matches by Galatasaray for tweeting that the Fenerbahce's president should eat his own balls.

56Id7cH.jpg

Fry pls

Hahaha.

He should eat his own balls though. Guy is a grade-A football mafia cunt.

Can't remember if volkan got a suspension after mounting melo during a missed penalty in the cup game lol.

I like them in concept. Like the idea of beating others to a pulp. I think they look cool. I like ripping people's skulls out in mortal kombat. I like taking control of donkey kong and throwing people off platforms.

I just find them relatively empty, enjoyable for an hour or two experiences, and the fact that to master them you have to memorise button upon button upon button in the space of three seconds - therefore, becoming some sort of advanced button masher where you're pressing things in a specific order but at a speed faster than one of bud's wanks - is a tad silly. They're alright. It's fun to play with my little brother for a while.

edit: I have played lots or smash brothers lol. We have the N64 and the Wii versions. I just don't think they're great games.

Street Fighter isn't about combos. That's like the finishing touch on what makes a player great. It's all about knowing space, frame data, defense, etc... Remembering combos won't matter against a great player because you won't get the chance to use them.

It's either a casual, disorganised mess, or you need to put time into playing it properly and shit. I don't have the patience.

That's true. You need to put a lot of time into them to get decent.

Salazar

We should all sleep.

It's Everton v west Brom tomorrow.

I mean, Jesus fuck.

I can feel greatness coming. Arsenal getting squashed 9-4 or something and Wenger playing it off as a tight one.

"Both teams had a lot of chances to win ze game"

K1LLER7

Street Fighter isn't about combos. That's like the finishing touch on what makes a player great. It's all about knowing space, frame data, defense, etc... Remembering combos won't matter against a great player because you won't get the chance to use them.

That's true. You need to put a lot of time into them to get decent.
As much as I liked Street Fighter IV (In my top 5 games of last Gen), fuck the hit boxes man :(

I think combo's have become more important in the new Street Fighters, especially with the introduction of the focus attack. I never really bothered to learn/use combos in the older SF games.

GorillaJu

Combos are important in high level games because knowing a good combo can give you the extra 5% dmg you need to finish someone off. Most games for most people you don't need big fancy combos, just a few simple ones. Learning spacing, when to block, when to punish, etc are infinitely more important.

Tekken is more combo focused though. You need to learn a few good long ones for different situations.

As much as I liked Street Fighter IV (In my top 5 games of last Gen), fuck the hit boxes man :(

I think combo's have become more important in the new Street Fighters, especially with the introduction of the focus attack. I never really bothered to learn/use combos in the older SF games.

It did become more about combos as the series went on, but knowing combos will never win you a match if you don't have a strong footsie game.

Combos are important in high level games because knowing a good combo can give you the extra 5% dmg you need to finish someone off. Most games for most people you don't need big fancy combos, just a few simple ones. Learning spacing, when to block, when to punish, etc are infinitely more important.

Tekken is more combo focused though. You need to learn a few good long ones for different situations.
Yeah. Wilbur's comment is much more valid with dial a combo fighting games rather than games that rely more on execution and strategy like Street Fighter.

For the record I don't really enjoy those long combo games either. Virtua Fighter is good shit though.

K1LLER7

Yeah. Wilbur's comment is much more valid with dial a combo fighting games rather than games that rely more on execution and strategy like Street Fighter.

For the record I don't really enjoy those long combo games either. Virtua Fighter is good shit though.
Best fighting game was Mugen.

The only game that let me have Thiery Henry face off vs Evil Ryu :p

Esch

Banned
I have an awful feeling Wenger took Sanogo's international scoring into account more than Welbecks and will start him instead somehow :(

GorillaJu

The Destiny reactions aren't wrong at all, it's just having played a lot of these games that get 90+ metascores over the past few years, I am baffled as to what critics think they have over Destiny.

We constantly berate games for prioritizing story over gameplay mechanics. Destiny is the complete opposite - the foundations and the mechanics are really great... but the story is mediocre. Obviously having a well-told story is a key part of the way people look at games these days despite what they say.

Socreges

Banned
Footy-GAF:

I'm buying a new pair of cleats tomorrow. Will be the first time where I'm not looking to keep it under $100 (US/CDN)!

For those here that play, any recommendations for a mid-tier boot that's fairly durable and has good control? Firm Ground cleat is best.

Zabojnik

We constantly berate games for prioritizing story over gameplay mechanics. Destiny is the complete opposite - the foundations and the mechanics are really great... but the story is mediocre. Obviously having a well-told story is a key part of the way people look at games these days despite what they say.

This can't be stressed enough. Never understood the 'fuck the story' / 'videogames stories, lololol, who cares' crowd. For me it's an essential part of why I want to keep (or stop) playing a game, regardless of the genre, bar the ones where it's obviously not needed.

GorillaJu

This can't be stressed enough. Never understood the 'fuck the story' / 'videogames stories, lololol, who cares' crowd. For me it's an essential part of why I want to keep (or stop) playing a game, regardless of the genre, bar the ones where it's obviously not needed.

I'm the opposite. Even the best stories don't grab me. But games with fun to play mechanics I'll play for days on end. Occasionally you get both together at once (Dark Souls).

Well it kind of depends, there is some games that I will play purely for gameplay, but I prefer it having a good story too. But well Silent Hill is my favorite series (1-4 at least), with pretty mediocre combat, although some interesting puzzles. I just wanted the story and reading memos and such more than anything.

The worst is games with a bad story, but fun gameplay, that forces you to sit through all the shitty story stuff though. Fuck Max Payne 3.

Bold One

The Destiny reactions aren't wrong at all, it's just having played a lot of these games that get 90+ metascores over the past few years, I am baffled as to what critics think they have over Destiny.

The critics are really sticking the boot in

Gamespot gave it a 6 and bag on the story element of Destiny non stop and gave Titanfall a 9

I stopped taking game reviewers seriously years ago

I wish that people would stop thinking of me as a great guardian of secrets.
Tonight I learned enough to bring a company to bankruptcy, to send 7 or 8 people to jail, to end a marriage and to absolutely embarrass a friend so much that she would be to afraid to face a large group of people.
I´m not a fucking priest or a psychologist, don´t confide your darkest secrets to me.

Blablurn

I wish that people would stop thinking of me as a great guardian of secrets.
Tonight I learned enough to bring a company to bankruptcy, to send 7 or 8 people to jail, to end a marriage and to absolutely embarrass a friend so much that she would be to afraid to face a large group of people.
I´m not a fucking priest or a psychologist, don´t confide your darkest secrets to me.

time to spit it out then. or bribe them.

FootballFan

Footy-GAF:

I'm buying a new pair of cleats tomorrow. Will be the first time where I'm not looking to keep it under $100 (US/CDN)!

For those here that play, any recommendations for a mid-tier boot that's fairly durable and has good control? Firm Ground cleat is best.

adidas 11pro TRX FG

only the coolest wear em.

Possible line up for today:

Neuer

Benatia, Badstuber, Alaba

Lahm, Rode, Alonso, Bernat

Robben, Lewandowski, Ribéry

Benatia probably won't feature in the starting XI. I expect a back three of Boateng, Badstuber, Lahm.
EDIT: BILD has no power here now that the mole is gone!

Reus is stupid good in reality too.

It's weird that everything we thought Gotze was going to be, turned out to be Marco Reus. :0

Blablurn

Benatia probably won't feature in the starting XI. I expect a back three of Boateng, Badstuber, Lahm.
EDIT: BILD has no power here now that the mole is gone!

It's weird that everything we thought Gotze was going to be, turned out to be Marco Reus. :0

Götze needs the same training mentality as Ronaldo or Messi. But he seems so lazy with this talent. And now that he scored the winning goal in a world cup final all mediocre performances will get overshined by this anyway.

DBT85

Took the opportunity to use my wildcard last night in the FF. I'd already made 4 changes and wanted to swap out 2 £4.0m defenders with 1 point between them for two with 10 points each.

Lets go football!

Abraxas

m60's i can hardly sleep. City will wreck us. Wenger will start sanogo welbeck and akpom at CF. Arteta to have all his teeth knocked out this time.

I do think if welbz starts he will score one at least. I'm still not convinced on his transfer, but if we win today and he performs, i will wear his shirt as penance.

GorillaJu

m60's i can hardly sleep. City will wreck us. Wenger will start sanogo welbeck and akpom at CF. Arteta to have all his teeth knocked out this time.

I do think if welbz starts he will score one at least. I'm still not convinced on his transfer, but if we win today and he performs, i will wear his shirt as penance.

You fucked them up 3-0 last time, m9. You got this

FootballFan

I thought you were talking about the m60 weapon.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
God Hand is his best game. It's brilliant. Where's my bro Yurt to back me up?
GOD HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

godhand_azel_03.gif

One of my top THREE games of all time. Probably the most fun I have ever had in a video game.
I'm going to be wearing so much sun cream I'm going to look like a Russian prostitute on a Saturday morning at Yurt's house
No prostitutes in this part of the world unfortunately ;___;
Imagine if
tear Mazzarri a new asshole

a_560x375.jpg

TheF1BOB

Banned

Sanogo will score today.

believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom