• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Arsenal-City draw would be great

Consolidate our chances for top 4 and a potential title challenge. Until we fuck it up agaist Villa, anyway

Yesil's only just 20, I wouldn't write him off just yet. Probably has to take a step down to find a club that he can play for their first team, but given his injuries I'd just be happy for him to build a decent career for himself even if it isn't with us

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt.

You have basically watched mad men without sound at this point.

innit
3AQmK.gif

I feel like....I'm slowly getting to know them, and their backstories...one picture and gif at a time...

one-hour-photo-05.jpg

TeddyBoy

An Arsenal-City draw would be great

Consolidate our chances for top 4 and a potential title challenge. Until we fuck it up agaist Villa, anyway

I'm actually hoping for an Arsenal win, a draw away from home would be a good result at the Emirates for City. We need City to drop as many points as possible to give us the best chance of winning the league.

You touched on it yourself though, it really depends what Liverpool's target for this season should be. If it's top four then go for City so we can go third after a City + Chelsea top two. If it's the title you want then we need Arsenal to help take points of City and Chelsea.

I'm actually hoping for an Arsenal win, a draw away from home would be a good result at the Emirates for City. We need City to drop as many points as possible to give us the best chance of winning the league.

You touched on it yourself though, it really depends what Liverpool's target for this season should be. If it's top four then go for City so we can go third after a City + Chelsea top two. If it's the title you want then we need Arsenal to help take points of City and Chelsea.

For me, the top 4 is the target. Goes without saying that a title challenge would be boss (if fucking exhausting :p), but it's vital that we finish in the top 4 again to become an established CL club. With that, it would hopefully become easier to make top signings. I don't doubt that a strong part of why Sanchez chose Arsenal instead of us was because they've been in the top 4 for what, 17 years now i think

Also important for keeping hold of the players we want to keep hold of. We can't afford to financially blitz our way back in if things go tits up.

Lightning

Banned

Worrying about results of other teams at this stage of the season is pointless. I'm only focused on Arsenal's results at the moment. In Jan-Feb that is when the results have more bearing.

Abraxas

Wayne Veysey
@wayneveysey
Aaron Ramsey has passed fitness test & set to be named in #AFC squad to face #MCFC. Story to come.....
8:46am - 13 Sep 14

Massive if true.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This can't be stressed enough. Never understood the 'fuck the story' / 'videogames stories, lololol, who cares' crowd. For me it's an essential part of why I want to keep (or stop) playing a game, regardless of the genre, bar the ones where it's obviously not needed.

I'm the opposite. Even the best stories don't grab me. But games with fun to play mechanics I'll play for days on end. Occasionally you get both together at once (Dark Souls).

I'm with Odd on this one, I'll always lean towards the gameplay mechanics! Obviously having a fantastic story is a massive plus (because it pushes you on when you're bored and/or the gameplay is passable at best) but it also depends on the genre. Like, it's the last thing on my checklist when I'm looking for an action game.

NG2's story was utter lunacy* :lol and it was docked points (unfairly) for it. It's a fucking action game motherfuckers, who gives a shit why Ryu is pissed off and is singlehandedly wiping the human (and demon) race? The gameplay was perfect, and the chapters were all awesome (a castle in Italy filled with werewolves, an airplane with giant robots, a clock tower surrounded by winged demons, a temple made of guts in a city that rains BLOOD etc) and that's all that should matter. FUCK EVERYONE

*still made more sense than MGS

#TeamZaza

I'll play a game with a negligible story, but unless it is truly GOAT material like Dark Souls* I don't remember it nearly as fondly as I would otherwise

*I don't care for the story in DS, much less DS2. I understand that you're supposed to join dots and draw your own conclusions, but it didn't click with me.

TeddyBoy

For me, the top 4 is the target. Goes without saying that a title challenge would be boss (if fucking exhausting :p), but it's vital that we finish in the top 4 again to become an established CL club. With that, it would hopefully become easier to make top signings. I don't doubt that a strong part of why Sanchez chose Arsenal instead of us was because they've been in the top 4 for what, 17 years now i think

Also important for keeping hold of the players we want to keep hold of. We can't afford to financially blitz our way back in if things go tits up.

Your right in that I should I only want top four, but at this stage I just want to dream of another title challenge :p

Worrying about results of other teams at this stage of the season is pointless. I'm only focused on Arsenal's results at the moment. In Jan-Feb that is when the results have more bearing.

Your quite right Lightning. I wouldn't say I'm worrying about other teams results, just that I'm going into games with a preferred result in mind.

Good luck today!

It only happens about 6 times a season, so appreciate the alliance of ArsenalGAF and LiverpoolGAF today :p

an alliance which will be shattered after the City match, and LiverpoolGAF's support is forgotten as ArsenalGAF laugh at us while Cissokho scores a hattrick

Zabojnik

if stories is THE reason why you pick up a videogame then you're in the wrong hobby

it's like playing football because you enjoy jogging in short shorts.

I really depends on the game, I guess. I tend to levitate towards genres in which the story is an integral part of the game (Infinity Engine / Obsidian rpgs forevah), but it's hardly a must. Ninja Gaiden (1) is one of my all-time favourite games and I have no idea what the fuck it was all about.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Real Madrid and Manchester United are ready to battle it out in January for Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman"

shuddup you beautiful bastard
vKHrHOl.gif

I really depends on the game, I guess. I tend to levitate towards genres in which the story is an integral part of the game (Infinity Engine / Obsidian rpgs forevah), but it's hardly a must. Ninja Gaiden (1) is one of my all-time favourite games and I have no idea what the fuck it was all about.

I was TRYING to remember the story for 1 and 2 and I really couldn't :lol :lol :lol all I remember is the bosses

Arnie

Probably in the minority but the new FIFA feels marginally different from the old one.

Think I'll wait for Pro Evo on PS4.

Lightning

Banned
It only happens about 6 times a season, so appreciate the alliance of ArsenalGAF and LiverpoolGAF today :p

an alliance which will be shattered after the City match, and LiverpoolGAF's support is forgotten as ArsenalGAF laugh at us while Cissokho scores a hattrick
Alliance? You're the enemy. I hope both Liverpool and United lose every game they play and Sterling, Balotelli, di Maria and Falcao all get straight red cards.

Salazar

Probably in the minority but the new FIFA feels marginally different from the old one.

Mainly just play it on the iPad on the train to uni. I'm just interested in being able to field a Rumbo strike force.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Like every year really. "It feels SO different", and it never does.

It's the same FIFA, with a couple of engine tweaks, new menu and a new soundtrack

Lightning

Banned
What about when Man Utd play against pretty much anyone?
Everyone one of their players could get injured and I'll laugh their corpses off the field. No matter what happens to our season as long as we finish above United and they miss out on cl. I will laugh and laugh and laugh until it hurts.

Then fatty LvG can get the sack and all can be right with the world once more.

Arnie

he always does, but it ain't a stretcher my dear Lightning

COMIC-MOVIES-300.jpg

the last time I made a joke like that, L1nn1t put me on ignore ;_;
I don't fear the ignore list, I embrace it.

Lord knows I've put fucking buckets of people on mine for just a single comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom