• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

H1PSTER

I took three risks today

Ramsey and Welbeck have paid off, please Costa, play today.

I have Siggy as my first sub so hopefully it won't be too bad if Costa doesn't play.

BjzLhar.png

Monreal starts with Gibbs benched? Interesting. That line up screams Ozil on the wing again which fucking sucks.

Monreal has been one of our few good performers this season. He's earned it.

Agreed on Ozil wide. The shape just doesn't make sense. Our problems last season were scoring goals and getting caught on the break, so he's picked a system which moves our most creative player further away from the CF, and also isolates the DM... Bizarre, but oh well. Let's hope Ozil is on the right flank if anything.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
If I don't fall asleep within the next 40 minutes I'm going to say to hell with my sleep and watch the Citeh, Barça, and Atlético matches.

Arnie

Time to load up my Skybet.

Also, just arrived in November in my first season as Gladbach manager and I've scored the most goals out of any team in the league and I'm second only to Pep. Dat Battleship.

Time to load up my Skybet.

Also, just arrived in November in my first season as Gladbach manager and I've scored the most goals out of any team in the league and I'm second only to Pep. Dat Battleship.

Juventus 4/11
AC Milan 7/5
Dortmund 1/4
Bayern 1/6
Barca 2/7
Real Sociedad 2/1
Liverpool 3/10
Everton 23/20
Chelsea 3/10

£45 returns £4250ish at BetVictor. #Pray4Quiche.

Go_Ly_Dow

My last flatmate is due to move in within the next 30mins and ive been getting 5 minn updates on my whatsapp group informing us of how many miles away he is.

Save me from these hyper and non pessimistic housemates! They're not old and jaded like me :(

Arnie

Juventus 4/11
AC Milan 7/5
Dortmund 1/4
Bayern 1/6
Barca 2/7
Real Sociedad 2/1
Liverpool 3/10
Everton 23/20
Chelsea 3/10

£45 returns £4250ish at BetVictor. #Pray4Quiche.
Nice. £45 on a single bet is fucking insane, though. Again, where the hell do you get your money.

I've gone £5 on:

Chelsea
United
Juventus
Bayern
Barca
Blackburn
Watford
Ajax

I used Golden Gun on a Titan mid super and he didn't fucking die, instead I got killed before I could get my second shot off. It's not just Hunters.

Hixx

I used Golden Gun on a Titan mid super and he didn't fucking die, instead I got killed before I could get my second shot off. It's not just Hunters.

He'll have had the perk that makes you harder to kill when using the super then. At the expense of extra damage or extra range.

I have no problems with dying to Fist of Havoc, if I'm in range of a Titan to do it I've fucked up or I've tried to FIST THEM TO DEATH myself.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Classic pessimism.

I wouldn't advise anyone to bet on Liverpool for the same reason.

;_; we're too emotionally invested

but trust me you'll feel the same way when you have Captain Francesco Schettino Allegri leading your battleship

L1NETT

Charlton are unbeaten in the league and Watford have a brand new manager still learning the ropes

Good luck Arnold

Dat Vetokele

Manager

Pellegrini going 4-5-1, smart. Guessing it's:
Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichelis - Clichy
Fernandinho - Lampard
Navas - Silva - Milner
Aguero

Silva gets to play where he wants as SS. Left side very defensively minded, with both Clichy and Milner. No one knows in what form Lampard is in and Fernandinho is not fantastic defensively, the risk is that the central midfield won't cope with Arsenal's attacking midfielders. Hopefully Silva can help out a bit there too.

L1NETT

City will sit back, let Arsenal have the ball. Let them play the ball in front of you, 18 yard line nowt coming through.

Hit them on the counter. Almost too obvious. Same old script. Depends on how Arsene sets him team up. Could be like Arsenal's performances last season against top sides but I have a sneaky feeling it won't.

Manager

Pellegrini going 4-5-1, smart. Guessing it's:
Hart
Fernandinho - Lampard
Navas - Silva - Milner
Aguero

Silva gets to play where he wants as SS. Left side very defensively minded, with both Clichy and Milner. No one knows in what form Lampard is in and Fernandinho is not fantastic defensively, the risk is that the central midfield won't cope with Arsenal's attacking midfielders. Hopefully Silva can help out a bit there too.

Now that I think about it, it's possible that he doesn't trust Lampard defensively and goes:
Hart
Fernandinho - Milner
Navas - Lampard - Silva
Aguero

Been a while since Milner played CM but he thinks it's his best position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom