• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Reading through reactions during Madrid derby. Zab you are a legend.

It is like he has been playing in the team for YEARS.

tjI5OS.gif

As I've said before, Germany - Braziu at the WC did more bad than good.

FootballFan

tjI5OS.gif

As I've said before, Germany - Braziu at the WC did more bad than good.

I think Kroos will come good, but I don't know about James. Signing someone purely based on wc performance is risky as shit.

Klose would look like a €80m player while ronaldo would look like a €4m sub stoke could use if you judge players from wc.

3Sixty

Always do shit on FPL. It's shit, too many transfers, fucking wildcards, captains all rubbish.

The Sun dream team is where its at.

Barzul

I believe we can legit finish second this season. Chelsea already have first place tied up nicely I think, although they need to defend better.

Lightning

Banned
Lol at Pellegrini. Moaning about the referee and almost writing off City's title defence at the start of the season.

Cunt forgets that had not been for constant referee help City would not have won the title last season.

Jarnet87

Fernandinho was fantastic, he had to control the midfield all by himself. Fat Frank played like one of those guys you see at the local soccer park who is in his 40's or 50's and his athleticism has long left them. he can barely move out there, he had no business being on the pitch. City should buy or get a loan for a CM in January. Doesn't even have to be good just someone who can cover in the event Yaya or Fernandinho goes down and run from box to box

EmiPrime

Lol at Pellegrini. Moaning about the referee and almost writing off City's title defence at the start of the season.

Cunt forgets that had not been for constant referee help City would not have won the title last season.

Yeah he's talking nonsense.

City should have had a few more bookings. They got away with a lot in the first half. :/

Fintan

I believe we can legit finish second this season. Chelsea already have first place tied up nicely I think, although they need to defend better.
I think we're still trying to balance our midfield. Look defensively suspect with just Fabregas and Matic. Better in 4-3-3, I think. I'd like to see Filipe Luis get a go too.

Jarnet87

It's gonna be great to see Arsenal fans in the future whine about "if only Welbeck had buried his chance we would of gotten a point/3 points' get use to the nightmare that is Welbeck.

Clegg

Let's buy Shinji back.

I'm glad he's started well at BVB but I think there's already a bit of revisionism creeping into his time at United. We didn't play a system that catered to his strengths, but at the same time he never played well enough to merit an increased focus on him. The odd flash here and there but that wasn't enough.

Esch

Banned
Thank you.

Omg that Sanchez goal. Couldn't appreciate it from where I was. :(
NP, and yeah it was certainly a cracker. I love how decisive it was.

it's funny how chelsea were the park the bus team, now they're the team you desperately try and park the bus on. Their defense almost doesn't matter. Who's going to outscore them in the PL?

Barzul

It's gonna be great to see Arsenal fans in the future whine about "if only Welbeck had buried his chance we would of gotten a point/3 points' get use to the nightmare that is Welbeck.

As long as he can score 15 league goals this season, I think he would've been a good buy. Walcott, Sanchez and Ramsey will chip in goals also. We're not dependent on one man like in our RvP days.

TheF1BOB

Banned

I'm more upset that we didn't make any changes at all until someone got injured. Should of replaced Ramsey, Ozil at half time with Cazorla and Poldolski and then replaced Welbeck with Chamberlain with 20-15 minutes left and go with Sanchez/Chamberlain combo up top, 4-3-1-2 formation.

Barzul

Yep North bank lower.

I was so convinced for several seconds Danny's shot had gone in. :(

Yeah me too, still think he made the wrong decision though, sliding it into goal was the better option. It was good to see he was confident enough to try that. He's still getting used to the team and the way we play.

it's funny how chelsea were the park the bus team, now they're the team you desperately try and park the bus on. Their defense almost doesn't matter. Who's going to outscore them in the PL?

Diego Costa is the perfect premier league striker. Fabregas as started like he never left. I see them scoring crazy numbers this season.

I think we're still trying to balance our midfield. Look defensively suspect with just Fabregas and Matic. Better in 4-3-3, I think. I'd like to see Filipe Luis get a go too.

Fabregas is actually doing a lot better in that deeper role than I ever expected. I think Oscar may get dropped as the season progresses.

Clegg

I'm almost certain that there were quite a few from this thread who thought Diego Costa was a flash in the pan.

Stand up. Let's be having you.

I'm almost certain that there were quite a few from this thread who thought Diego Costa was a flash in the pan.

I said I was afraid he would flop, although mostly on the basis that Chelsea is where strikers usually come to die.

I do remember wedward saying both Costa and Cesc would flop though. :']

To be fair it was more hope that he would be a one season wonder rather than an actual prediction. At least for most posters here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom