• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Not only with his goals Alexis Sanchez works his ass off for the team. What a great buy he is for our club. Just need to sort ourselves out defensively and we're good to go.

Zabojnik

Allegri: "We'll see if Vidal can be ready for the CL match, but he'll be ready for Milan for sure."

"Dodgy knee."

"Thigh injury, he'll be out for a month."

And so on.

Ma andate a fanculo, va.

Vidal is fucking indestructible. <3

Good article by Daniel Taylor on United's #NewEra.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/13/manchester-united-not-sold-soul-bought-big

He always did like to wind up the opposition, Fergie. Sometimes it was in a lighthearted way, such as the occasions when Paul Hince &#8211; an old City fan from the Manchester Evening News &#8211; turned up at press conferences and Ferguson would demand to know what was happening at &#8220;the Temple of Doom&#8221;. Then, at other times, after Abu Dhabi&#8217;s money had changed the landscape, he frequently showed his worst side, too &#8211; like in the minutes after Michael Owen&#8217;s stoppage-time winner in the 4-3 victory at Old Trafford, when Ferguson could be found in the tunnel, jabbing his finger and machine-gunning swear words, close up, at the first City official who had walked into his vision. Always, there was the sense that City troubled him more than he wanted to let on.

Their spending, he once said, was kamikaze. He remembered how Sunderland had once been known as the Bank of England club, and cheerfully pointed out that they had also been relegated. His stock phrase to explain the downscaling of Manchester United&#8217;s transfer business was &#8220;no value in the market&#8221;, and the chief executive at the time, David Gill, had his own lines carefully prepared. Check the history, Gill used to say, and it would show United had never gone in for buying superstars for huge sums when they could develop their own for nothing.

If only that were true. Twenty-one different clubs have broken the British transfer record since Aston Villa made a Scottish inside-forward by the name of Willie Groves the first £100 player in 1893. United, however, are the only one to have done it six times. Sunderland and Arsenal are next, on four, then Derby on three, and City, Newcastle and Blackburn on two.

It is worth bearing in mind now that United are being accused of losing their soul for trying to buy their way back to the top. Ángel di María and Radamel Falcao have come in, with Danny Welbeck going out &#8211; and that, plainly, is a shift in direction. A good one, I would say, and it has been surprising to see so many eminent United men &#8211; among them Bryan Robson, Gary Neville and Paul Scholes &#8211; break from routine to question their old club when the bottom line, surely, is that the upgrade is both necessary and considerable. United are not losing their soul. They are simply playing catch-up.

pasAc0X.png

AkpmCMU.png

I said Pelle would flop too though. I listened to much to the Juve supporters in here, should have taken advice from Salah and simply ignored them.
adrianonandoswfr16.png

Jarnet87

Let's buy Shinji back.

I'm glad he's started well at BVB but I think there's already a bit of revisionism creeping into his time at United. We didn't play a system that catered to his strengths, but at the same time he never played well enough to merit an increased focus on him. The odd flash here and there but that wasn't enough.

He would of thrived at United during the 2005/2006-2010 period when we actually had pace and pushed the tempo. There were games that Shinji would literally be the only guy trying to push the tempo and the other 9 outfield players looked like they were in quicksand. He'd try and set up a little 1-2 pass and move into the space and the other players would be passing it backwards. he must of been so frustrated with this team. The reason I like Anderson is because he also likes to play adventurous balls and push the tempo, even if it fails 99% of the time for him.

I might cry tears of joy if the starting lineup tomorrow is void of Young and Valencia. Still think it will be 3-5-2 unfortunately.

FootballFan

Lool just saw the highlights.

That ronaldo dive - "he doesn't do it anymore!"

That dummy/fake for the 2nd Atletico goal.

I'm almost certain that there were quite a few from this thread who thought Diego Costa was a flash in the pan.

Stand up. Let's be having you.

People that watched him at the world cup and not for Atletico most likely.

EmiPrime

Finally back home. We had a little party after the game. Heated arguments regarding Ozil and Cesc were had. Knackered now.

Yeah me too, still think he made the wrong decision though, sliding it into goal was the better option. It was good to see he was confident enough to try that. He's still getting used to the team and the way we play.

I dunno, i'd have to see it again. Maybe it was too elaborate.

FootballFan

Not only with his goals Alexis Sanchez works his ass off for the team. What a great buy he is for our club. Just need to sort ourselves out defensively and we're good to go.

Yeah I said during the match that even when alexis has shit games, he can still be extremely helpful to the team just because he works so hard. Like Di maria. Unlike Özil

TheF1BOB

Banned

Yeah Sanchez was immense today. Only one of the few guys to give it is all.

MessiMinutes

@messiminutes

Mathieu Debuchy on Facebook:
"I have to pass a medical exam on Monday. No fracture. Hope to be back asap!"

Well this is an amazing turn of events if true.

Finally back home. We had a little party after the game. Heated arguments regarding Ozil and Cesc were had. Knackered now.

I dunno, i'd have to see it again. Maybe it was too elaborate.

Not surprising. On current form, it isn't a contest.

I was sure it was a shot to begin with, but it's so weak lol... and is actually a good pass... But my logic says that as it was Ramires, it was probably the opposite of what he should have done, so a shot.

Yeah that's what I thought but the more replays I watch the more I think it was just a really good pass. Odd for him lol.

Hixx

That reminds me.

The amount of absolute bellends these days with tiny denim shorts ffs. Was disgraceful at the match today.

shortsopsd9.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom