• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Was watching Diamonds are Forever the other night. Connery looked severely ropey at times.

Was half expecting a bunch of henchmen to rally and do him in - "look at him. look at him - he's just a geezer/sex-offender with a budget."

The relationship between Roger Moore and the (teenaged) love interest in For Your Eyes Only is peak Bond creepiness.

Fintan

I have a bad feeling about tomorrows game. With our defence I think we are in trouble.
I think we're still trying to get balance and just to get the defence to click with Courtois and Fabregas in front of them. I'm not too worried, we'll go with the 4-3-3 and hopefully Matic has the sort of performance he had last season.

Hindle

Banned
Amazing that Rogers saw what happened with Spurs and he's made exactly the same mistakes.

Edit. This defeat is similar to the 3-0 Spurs had against West Ham last October. After that, Spurs went on to get slaughtered against pretty much all the other top flight contenders. It will be interesting to see if the same happens with Liverpool.

Amazing that Rogers saw what happened with Spurs and he's made exactly the same mistakes.

It's the logical thing to do. If he takes the £65 million and spends it on one player that's a massive gamble. Spending it on 3-4 young players with good potential is a much safer bet, although obviously he spent a lot more than that to address the lack of squad depth.

It's the logical thing to do. If he takes the £65 million and spends it on one player that's a massive gamble. Spending it on 3-4 young players with good potential is a much safer bet, although obviously he spent a lot more than that to address the lack of squad depth.

Yes and no. Normally the point of spending that amount on a player is that the player is valued as such because his talent and consistency is not in question and therefore not a gamble (lolzil).

Hindle

Banned

I think the players he's bought could come good in time, but they're far too inexperienced. I just think that both teams relied way too much on Suarez/Bale and there was never a plan B in place for when the likes of Barca/Madrid came calling.

I think the players he's bought could come good in time, but they're far too inexperienced. I just think that both teams relied way too much on Suarez/Bale and there was never a plan B in place for when the likes of Barca/Madrid came calling.

Remember Suarez statistically didn't score many crucial winning goals last year so his leaving won't cause much impact.

GorillaJu

Remember Suarez statistically didn't score many crucial winning goals last year so his leaving won't cause much impact.

Okay smartass!

13/14
West Ham away we scored 2 Gerrard pens. It ended 1-2
Villa at home ended 2-2 after a Sturridge goal and a Gerrard pen
City away ended 2-1 with a Coutinho goal

Those Suarez goals sure kept us alive in the same fixtures last year!

jtb

Banned
the whole Spurs thing is so overstated. they finished 6th last season. basically one spot lower than the previous seasons, still in the Europa League, I think (unfortunately for them). the biggest problem was that it got AVB sacked, so now the whole rebuilding process has to be rebooted yet again. I'd be shocked if Rodgers got sacked this season, even if Liverpool don't finish in the top 4, so I don't think it's that big of a deal, if a deal at all—if the season turns out to be a rebuilding one rather than a title challenging one.

GorillaJu

the whole Spurs thing is so overstated. they finished 6th last season. basically one spot lower than the previous seasons, still in the Europa League, I think (unfortunately for them). the biggest problem was that it got AVB sacked, so now the whole rebuilding process has to be rebooted yet again. I'd be shocked if Rodgers got sacked this season, even if Liverpool don't finish in the top 4, so I don't think it's that big of a deal, if a deal at all—if the season turns out to be a rebuilding one rather than a title challenging one.

I'd agree with you in principal if my team hadn't just lost 3-1 to Best Ham.

Lightning

Banned
Rodgers won't get sacked. Liverpool don't have an idiot like Levy running their club. Tottenham have delusions that they are a top 4 team and finishing outside is an unacceptable failure when in reality they are a top 7 team with each season that passes falling further and further behind quality wise. Top 4 being the ambition is excellent, that is what you want, but it's not failure if they don't achieve it as they don't have the players to achieve it. The difference is teams like Tottenham and Everton need to overachieve to get into the top 4, teams like Arsenal and Liverpool have to underachieve to miss out on top 4. If Spurs or Everton miss out that isn't failure on the manager it's just a disappointment.

Poch is a fine manager but he won't make top 4 this season. Maybe next season after he's had this season and Levy can get his primary targets in? Maybe. But you can't settle for your 2nd or 3rd choice player all the time over price and still expect top 4. While Levy keeps doing that he'll never make it,

I think we'll be fine in the Leicester game, what worries me is Januzaj's future. I don't see any place he can play at the moment.

Best if we put him on loan in December.

We'll be revealed for the paper tigers that we are. Our offence so far has been covering up our glaring deficiencies.

To be fair, most top clubs in the EPL are having issues with defence these days.

Let's hope shaw plays and that that De Gea, Rojo communicates better on the pitch.

Hindle

Banned

Aye, teams like Liverpool, Spurs need to realise that if they sign a truely world class player like Suarez or Bale, then it's only a matter of time before they lose them. Because unless the Wc player comes through the academy, then he will likely move to Barca or Madrid.

He is a terzino first and foremost, yeah. He can and has played in the midfield, but it's where he feels most comfortable and can give the most. His words, not mine. I remember him saying it when he joined Verona last season.

Ah ok, I always assumed it was only a midifelder as that is where I ahave always seen him play

Yep. That would be my team for the Southampton game as well.

Never heard of that CB, but the rest of the team is what I would play

The relationship between Roger Moore and the (teenaged) love interest in For Your Eyes Only is peak Bond creepiness.

The worst is in Live and Let Die, where Bond basically rapes a virgin.

tri_willy

Add me to that list

Good company

lol not fucking suen, the cunt hahaha

But seriously, the Battleship is going down. It was fun whilst it lasted. I had a wail of a time. I'll enjoy Madrid away in November. That'll be an au revoir to the good times. Getting pissed in a Plaza with loads of reds, singing songs of happiness.

The only way we don't hit the fucking cliffs is if Pierce Brosnan hijacks us mid-descent like at the beginning of Goldeneye.

the battleship's attacking function got virused by the hodgson effect. in the galaxy, the battleship's main attack unit had its resolve tested and was subsequently put out of commission leaving weaker & inexperenced attack units out into the foray causing much disjointed and misfired attacks

what was was more concerning for the battleship was that the defensive systems were simply not communicating with each other, some spoke in foreign tongues which resulted in the lack of cohesion and consequently leaving the rear of the ship gaping to enemy rammings. in addition to these defensive issues, the gate keeper of the defence, often drunk & clueless would end up positioning the battleship with incorrect coordinates, which also resulted in rammings given by the enemy.

commander brendan, i implore you to implement some immediate solutions and lead us once again to many victories against our enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom