• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

Slovenia NT legend Darko Milanic!
Not really, lol.

Antenucci ... I think he made a Serie A appearance a couple of years back with Catania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-818K_henMs

OOOOH OOOOOH OOOOOOOOOH FINO ALLA FINE FORZA JUVENTUS

They bought plenty from your Italy this summer:
Bellusci - Catania (Serie B)
Doukara - Catania (SB)
Antenucci - Ternana (SB)
Berardi - Sampdoria (Serie A)
Bianchi - Sassuolo (SA)
Silvestri - Verona (SA)
Benedicic - Milan (SA)
Del Fabro - Cagliari (SA)
Adryan - Flamengo, but on loan at Cagliari last season (SA)

All been pretty heavily involved too (out of 8 matches):
Bellusci - 5 matches
Doukara - 5
Antenucci - 5
Berardi - 3
Bianchi - 7
Silvestri - 8
Benedicic - 1
Del Fabro - 0
Adryan - 0

Bellusci went crazy with a red card in one of the first matches but is now a box-to-box defender (!), scored freekick and made a fantastic run yesterday and hit the bar and a teammate tapped it in. Doukara been great with Antenucci. Berardi just started playing, got a red card yesterday for a crazy tackle (second yellow). Bianchi and Silvestri basically played everything so far, been great. Benedicic apparently isn't ready and will probably not play much, Del Fabro and Adryan just arrived and hasn't had a chance yet.

Prefered line-up is shaping up to be:
Silvestri
Berardi - Bellusci - Pearce - Warnock
Austin - Cook (17 y/o) - Sloth - Bianchi
Antenucci - Doukara

Do you know anything about Darko btw?

You're a Leeds fan too?

#fuckoff :p

Followed them as a kid, they were my first memory of English football. But since they went out of Premier League they've been impossible to watch from countries outside England. :/

Yes and no. Normally the point of spending that amount on a player is that the player is valued as such because his talent and consistency is not in question and therefore not a gamble (lolzil).

Whilst this is true, their options would have been severely limited by the number of top strikers available. Also, consider this is the club that sold a player for £50 million and then spent the majority of that on his replacement who turned out to be shite. So they are well aware of the risk involved.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guys I think Allegri is either dying, or really bad at hiding his emotions

458691_heroa.jpg

could be a zombie extra in The Walking Dead

We don't want to take away your king. We want the Black Verratti.

Besides, we already had a King and he had a Salazar like beard.

Do you think he's willing to go back to United? Or the PL for that matter? We both know where he's going ;_;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-818K_henMs

OOOOH OOOOOH OOOOOOOOOH FINO ALLA FINE FORZA JUVENTUS

That "Miiiilan ..." " ... merda!" gets me everytime.

ingenious really :lol

Zabojnik

Do you know anything about Darko btw?

No, not really. I pretty much don't follow our NT. I've heard of Milanič, I'm aware of his existence, but that's about it. Sorry. :)

As for the players ... well, hopefully it works out for Leeds, since they're not exactly upper tier players, to put it mildly. :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nottingham Forest must be stopped, why are they first..

Leeds, Matt C, Arkon, Jeff...DO SOMETHING

edit: I'm at work KidA why are you doing this to me ;_;

Fuck Zidane, one of our worst former players. We MADE YOU motherfucker, you did nothing at Madrid except win against fucking Leverkusen

Manager

No, not really. I pretty much don't follow our NT. I've heard of Milanič, I'm aware of his existence, but that's about it. Sorry. :)

As for the players ... well, hopefully it works out for Leeds, since they're not exactly upper tier players, to put it mildly. :p

Antenucci and Doukara are keeping new PL signing/Southampton-reject Billy Sharp on the bench, so they can't be that bad. At least not for Championship level. Will be interesting to see Adryan later on.

They say Darko knows five languages, do you know which they logically could be? I guess English, Serbian, German based on his previous clubs, but are there any languages besides Serbian they speak in your country that can be seen as a different language?

Zabojnik

They say Darko knows five languages, do you know which they logically could be? I guess English, Serbian, German based on his previous clubs, but are there any languages besides Serbian they speak in your country that can be seen as a different language?

It's a good thing I'm not a nationalist, looool. Otherwise there'd be curses flying your way. :p

He's from Slovenia and older, so it's safe to assume he speaks Slovenian and Serbo-Croatian (which is similar, but not really). German, English and one more. French or Italian?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's really TOO early to look at the table. Worst start in 77 years and yet they're 4 points off 2nd place? Every single top side is leaking points with the exception of Chelsea :lol

Zabojnik

It's really TOO early to look at the table. Worst start in 77 years and yet they're 4 points off 2nd place? Every single top side is leaking points with the exception of Chelsea :lol

Too early??? Then how have Roma already won the scudetto?

Manager

It's a good thing I'm not a nationalist, looool. Otherwise there'd be curses flying your way. :p

He's from Slovenia and older, so it's safe to assume he speaks Slovenian and Serbo-Croatian (which is similar, but not really). German, English and one more. French or Italian?

Ah it's Serbo-Croatian definitely, he said it in an old interview but Wiki said official language was Serbian so I went with that. Thanks! Hopefully his English is good enough at least.

dc89

Wait - did Mou really say City should be banned over FFP?!

PAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

I. CAN'T!

Salazar

Watching MOTD from last night. Still laughing at Liverpool, lol.

Part of me says wait until I see how the Leicester game goes.

But I want Liverpool to be ready to shatter when Rumbo and Angel get to em.

Gaal can patronise Brenty. "Maybe it is you who needs to adapt to the competitiveness of this league *pompous Dutch laugh* *more pompous Dutch laughter*"

bud23

Ever woke up from a nightmare and feel like shit, even though you know it was just all in your head? In my mind, Agger scored the winner against Copenhagen today. I feel sick.

Manager

I am so exited about Man City vs Chelsea match :]
5 hours till man city destruction

Question is if Eliaquim Mangala finally will play. Apparently his face is all over the match programme. Pellegrini could chicken out and wait for the Capital One cup match next week, which I guess would be the logical choice. But Demichelis has played two matches this week already and Mangala is fully rested.

You’ve got to know how to manage these situations. The truth is I’m fairly relaxed. If they provoke me, I’ll score against them. The reality is, for the moment, that I haven’t had any really physical battles. Things have been going well. So far, I’m enjoying it.

AkpmCMU.png

Milan defender Zapata's comments on last night:

“I am disappointed with the defeat and I thought we were too deep,” the Colombian international told Sky Sport Italia.

“Juve attacked for the whole game and we knew they could always find a way through.”

Zapata had been dropped, but was returned to the starting XI because Daniele Bonera was suspended and Alex injured.

“I really want to do well this year. I like to play in a more advanced back line and take forwards on one-on-one, as I am a fast player.”

Based on that last line, I don't think Zapata knows what a CB actually does if he's expecting to take on players one-on-one....

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
hope he selects pelle the next time.

it's VERY likely

Conte confessed he is keeping an eye on Southampton striker Pellè, who had already impressed at Feyenoord and now has four goals in five games for the Saints.

“On top of scoring 50 goals in 57 games in Holland, Pellè is now also scoring in England. We are watching him, as we are with others.

Manager

Yaya should never again be allowed to play in a 2-man-midfield against top opposition. Poor Fernandinho had to works his balls off all match against Bayern while Yaya was strolling around. Then with Yaya happily fondling Pep straight after the whistle while the rest of the team was sulking. Then claiming his agent was simply joking with cake-gate.

Hoping for:
Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichelis/Mangala - Kolarov
Navas - Fernandinho - Milner - Silva
Yaya - Aguero

Actually, mostly hoping for Yaya to be on the bench but it won't happen with Fernando injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom