• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Rodgers needs to bring in Gregg Williams to stabilize the defense and implement a proper bounty/retaliation system.

GorillaJu

I can't think of any players who we need to buy. I think we have a good enough team to win matches against the people we're losing to. Perhaps a quick, aggressive, ball-winning defensive midfielder would be most helpful.

Blablurn

The more I see our lack of creativity this season and the never ending story of injuries with Robben and Ribery the more I believe we are getting Draxler and Reus next year. I think both Sammer and Rummenigge saw that we need some more power on the wings. Riberys injury might be chronic.

Blablurn

EGh5tPQ.png

:lol

FootballFan

Ff pls. Southampton's players are legit very good players.

We do need a new keeper though. I would gladly welcome Valdes, but that'd just be another new face to gel.

Nah, they aren't Pete. Said before the transfer window closed. Shaw, lolanna etc are bad players who were good for their team.

:( last season was it.

Gambit

The more I see our lack of creativity this season and the never ending story of injuries with Robben and Ribery the more I believe we are getting Draxler and Reus next year. I think both Sammer and Rummenigge saw that we need some more power on the wings. Riberys injury might be chronic.

oh you think both? I was always assuming we'd buy one of the two. In which case I'd be pro-Draxler (to leave Dortmund some semblance of identity).

Anyway, Shaq is definitely gone.

Blablurn

oh you think both? I was always assuming we'd buy one of the two. In which case I'd be pro-Draxler (to leave Dortmund some semblance of identity).

Anyway, Shaq is definitely gone.

Yep. With Shaq gone we definitely need more reinforcements. You know how our managers work. Once something is not working properly we go all out. And right now we look rather dire to be honest. Even with Schweini and Thiago coming back. What does it matter if our wingers are not ready? We definitely need some improvement.

On the other hand Reus is injury prone as well :/

Gambit

Yep. With Shaq gone we definitely need more reinforcements. You know how our managers work. Once something is not working properly we go all out. And right now we look rather dire to be honest. Even with Schweini and Thiago coming back. What does it matter if our wingers are not ready? We definitely need some improvement.

On the other hand Reus is injury prone as well :/

well, I also blame Pep for yesterday. Why not Müller on the wing instead of Shaq? Why leave out Lewandowski if you have Pizarro behind the striker anyway? It's not as if Lewy had been running too much in the last couple of games, I am sure he could have easily played. Later when he came on, Götze should have been in the middle, not on the left wing.

We were Pep'd.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ff pls. Southampton's players are legit very good players.

Lallana and Lovren were one of the best PL players last season. Weren't they both in Team of the Season? Or was that Gary Neville's? I don't remember

:( just realised that I'm going to miss our game with Atletico Madrid too. So Roma and Atletico then

I feel like I should hand in my fan card this season :(

Juve's record without me is fucking terrible, with the exception of the Shakhtar and Roma game(s). ;_;

r

Never forget. ;_;

Blablurn

well, I also blame Pep for yesterday. Why not Müller on the wing instead of Shaq? Why leave out Lewandowski if you have Pizarro behind the striker anyway? It's not as if Lewy had been running too much in the last couple of games, I am sure he could have easily played. Later when he came on, Götze should have been in the middle, not on the left wing.

We were Pep'd.

Pep is really careful, don't you think? Especially with the "Englischen Wochen" coming up. I think he rotates so much because he tries to prevent injuries. Unfortunately we don't have last years luck at the moment. We still had some good chances yesterday. But we didn't score. I'm sure we'll see the full squad again on Tuesday. And then maybe some rotation again next Saturday. I think Pep is really going with it.

You can still see that he is kinda "new" in the business. In Barcelona everyone was following him. Plus he could speak the people's language. Right now here at Bayern he is learning some valuable lessons. This is how you coach a team where Messi can't bail you out all the time.

But let's just look at the table...

tAjaocz.png

Nothing is lost yet. Even if Bayer wins today (which I highly doubt). We always play like shit after World Cup. Yet Pep is still managing to keep us on the top.

We're a bit unlucky. Just look at Lewandowski who cannot score for shit. But the good thing is we're not alone with that problem if you look at Immobiles Bundesliga performance so far.

It's a rough season. And the injuries of Robben and Ribery certainly don't help. But I expect that to get better next year with some good signings. Until then Pep needs to keep the ship on course.

GorillaJu

Lallana and Lovren were one of the best PL players last season. Weren't they both in Team of the Season? Or was that Gary Neville's? I don't remember

:( just realised that I'm going to miss our game with Atletico Madrid too. So Roma and Atletico then

I feel like I should hand in my fan card this season :(

Juve's record without me is fucking terrible, with the exception of the Shakhtar and Roma game(s). ;_;

r

Never forget. ;_;

I'm sure they were in some teams of the season if not Neville's. Mine for sure.

I seriously thought they would spend more time analyzing Liverpool - WH, but they like talked about Downing, Sakho, GK red or not and were done.

Has someone asked Rodgers if he is out of his mind playing Gerrard every game?

Just watching that game now LiverLOOOOOOOOOOL.

He loves Stevie.

Stevie fo lyf.

Who has a wag? Rooney, Nani, Chicha, Lindegaard, Jones, Lingard, Evans, Cleverley, De Gea, Rafael, Carrick, and Young.

Or it could have been a Dutch teammate.

Who did he have sex with? This is important guys.

Gambit

Pep is really careful, don't you think? Especially with the "Englischen Wochen" coming up. I think he rotates so much because he tries to prevent injuries. Unfortunately we don't have last years luck at the moment. We still had some good chances yesterday. But we didn't score. I'm sure we'll see the full squad again on Tuesday. And then maybe some rotation again next Saturday. I think Pep is really going with it.

You can still see that he is kinda "new" in the business. In Barcelona everyone was following him. Plus he could speak the people's language. Right now here at Bayern he is learning some valuable lessons. This is how you coach a team where Messi can't bail you out all the time.

But let's just look at the table...

Nothing is lost yet. Even if Bayer wins today (which I highly doubt). We always play like shit after World Cup. Yet Pep is still managing to keep us on the top.

The table is still ok, I agree. No problem at all, especially with Dortmund losing yesterday as well, haha. Obviously, they will be fine.

a timely warning by the prophet Yurt, ignored by the plebs

Manager

Another great win for Leeds yesterday, unbeaten in the last four with three wins. New striker signings Antenucci and Doukara have started delivering goals and Bellusci strong at the back. Got a very nice mix of strong English players and new technically gifted players from Serie A/B. Only two points away from playoff spot now.

Darko Milanic will fly in today to take over as manager, got European cup experience with Maribor. Obviously not so much Championship experience. Was at Sturm Graz last year but apparently the club is in a chaotic state, which helps his preparation for Leeds.

ibvLlnRMLk9QU8.jpg

Zabojnik

Another great win for Leeds yesterday, unbeaten in the last four with three wins. New striker signings Antenucci and Doukara have started delivering goals and Bellusci strong at the back. Got a very nice mix of strong English players and new technically gifted players from Serie A/B. Only two points away from playoff spot now.

Darko Milanic will fly in today to take over as manager, got European cup experience with Maribor. Obviously not so much Championship experience. Was at Sturm Graz last year but apparently the club is in a chaotic state, which helps his preparation for Leeds.

Slovenia NT legend Darko Milanic!
Not really, lol.

Antenucci ... I think he made a Serie A appearance a couple of years back with Catania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-818K_henMs

OOOOH OOOOOH OOOOOOOOOH FINO ALLA FINE FORZA JUVENTUS

That "Miiiilan ..." " ... merda!" gets me everytime.

You're a Leeds fan too?

#fuckoff :p

Edit: @Yurt, I actually did, LOOOOOOOL

;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom