• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_nc8ei5KczX1rvi6ay.gif

German refs are so shitty

Clegg

Just seen the Ronaldo header. Have absolutely no idea how he does it. It isn't a particularly powerful cross an he's standing still when he jumps. Yet he still rifles it into the top corner.

anthonyOA

Just seen the Ronaldo header. Have absolutely no idea how he does it. It isn't a particularly powerful cross an he's standing still when he jumps. Yet he still rifles it into the top corner.
That's why for me he is the best number 9 on the planet. There's nothing he can't do across a front 3.

Yaya should never again be allowed to play in a 2-man-midfield against top opposition. Poor Fernandinho had to works his balls off all match against Bayern while Yaya was strolling around. Then with Yaya happily fondling Pep straight after the whistle while the rest of the team was sulking. Then claiming his agent was simply joking with cake-gate.

Hoping for:
Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichelis/Mangala - Kolarov
Navas - Fernandinho - Milner - Silva
Yaya - Aguero

Actually, mostly hoping for Yaya to be on the bench but it won't happen with Fernando injured.

Pelligrini will show he has learnt nothing, and let Matic boss Yaya again. Then in the last 10 minutes, still 0-0, he will bring on Lampard in hopes of something. Lampard is visible upset and had been promised not to play against Chelsea, but as he receives the ball after a Chelsea corner, at the edge of the box, he can't help but smash it into the goal, without a chance for Hart.

Lampard runs over to Drogba and Terry, celebrates wildly, reveals his Chelsea shirt underneath.

What a day.

"I had options [after Arsenal failed to take up their option] and at that stage Chelsea were just one of the options I was considering. But after Jose Mourinho came to see me and talked to me face to face there were no other options any more."

"I decided to forget about all the other offers I had sitting on the side and it just felt great that Chelsea had come in for me. I can still remember exactly what he said - every word. I'm not going to make them public, but it was very special. It gave me a huge lift."

What a guy, he fell in love with Mourinho and Chelsea after a small chat.

"I had options [after Arsenal failed to take up their option] and at that stage Chelsea were just one of the options I was considering. But after Jose Mourinho came to see me and talked to me face to face there were no other options any more."

"I decided to forget about all the other offers I had sitting on the side and it just felt great that Chelsea had come in for me. I can still remember exactly what he said - every word. I'm not going to make them public, but it was very special. It gave me a huge lift."

What a guy, he fell in love with Mourinho and Chelsea after a small chat.

Was it "...and this number here is your salary m8"?

Manager

Pelligrini will show he has learnt nothing, and let Matic boss Yaya again.

La Liga-GAF and fans warned that Pellegrini is a bit naive. I see it as that he's stubborn as fuck that no opposition should dictate how his team plays. He changes players depending on the opposition, but their roles are exactly the same. If Silva or Yaya takes one of the striker's roles he won't fall back, he will play up next to the other striker, not pressing. Even if he's capable to. It will always be 4-4-2.

The times when a top opposition does some stupid naive shit like going all-out attack (like Wenger does), it works. But other times, especially when City play away, they'll always get beat by a team that has more sensible midfield tactics and close to or better players as City.

The shit with having two players up front who won't press has to stop. It will be impossible to progress in CL playoff with that mind set with matches over two and one away. It's a small change to let one of them drop down and mark a player and press, but he won't do it.

I will be watching both København - Brøndby and City - Chelsea, fucking horrible timing, both of them starting within the time of half an hour. If Agger scores I will never return to this place.

qindarka

Banned
Hope we line up like this today:

...............................Costa
..............................Hazard

Felipe Luis........Matic.......Mikel........Ramires
Azpilicueta.......Terry........Cahill........Ivanovic
................................Courtois

Only way not to concede a bucketload. Maybe a moment of brilliance by Hazard or Costa will be enough to pinch a goal.

Hope we line up like this today:

...............................Costa
..............................Hazard

Felipe Luis........Matic.......Mikel........Ramires
Azpilicueta.......Terry........Cahill........Ivanovic
................................Courtois

Only way not to concede a bucketload. Maybe a moment of brilliance by Hazard or Costa will be enough to pinch a goal.

-----------------Costa-----------------
Hazard------Fabregas------Schurrle/Oscar
-------------Matic----------Ramires----------
Dave-----Terry-----Cahill------Ivan-------

Going to win

qindarka

Banned
-----------------Costa-----------------
Hazard------Fabregas------Schurrle/Oscar
-------------Matic----------Ramires----------
Dave-----Terry-----Cahill------Ivan-------

Going to win

I like to exaggerate my pessimism but I am seriously worried about our fragility. Reminds me a bit about the start of the 10/11 season when everyone was hyping us up based on some 6 goal thrashings of Wigan and West Brom, the signs were already there that not all was well.

I will admit though, that we've looked sublime at times offensively, which was never the case in 10/11.

Watch the Chievo - Parma game right now. This is our fight-to-avoid-relegation season.

Fuck Parma. Why didn't you get that Torino spot? We could have met up and watched Parma - Copenhagen.

I like to exaggerate my pessimism but I am seriously worried about our fragility. Reminds me a bit about the start of the 10/11 season when everyone was hyping us up based on some 6 goal thrashings of Wigan and West Brom, the signs were already there that not all was well.

Oh me too. But I think the team has looked fairly stable defensively as long as it hasn't been Fabregas alone with Matic. Don't worry qin, if nothing else, Believe FC will bring you joy and happiness.

Pennywise

Might as well bury my CL fantasy team now.

Just make a transfer.

Hummels
Mkhitaryan
Subotic
Gündogan
Sahin
Kirch
Ji
Reus
Kuba

The list of our injured people.
Hopefully Subotic and Hummels will be back on wednesday...

7 starters are injured :/ + Kirch and Ji who could be good alternatives.

qindarka

Banned
Oh me too. But I think the team has looked fairly stable defensively as long as it hasn't been Fabregas alone with Matic. Don't worry qin, if nothing else, Believe FC will bring you joy and happiness.

Heh, with the usual influx of players at the start, probably won't be able to get in a game for a while. At least based EA have added the function of being able to track the score from the lobby. Maybe I'll get more into UT or Seasons as well.

GorillaJu

Lol dude that doesn't make the game broken, it's just an oversight that players will eventually find out and exploit when you have millions of then compared to a 100-man dev team.

But I've been to the murder cave. Always 3-5 players there, murdering it up. Hopefully it gets patched soon. And anyone whose idea of fun is standing in a spot accruing easy randomly-generated loot needs to smarten up.

Tc91

Don't think we'll get 3 points today, that Ulloa guy is going to bully Evans.

----

---------------------De God--------------------

Rafa-------Evans---------Rojo---------Shaw

----------------------Blind--------------------------

---------Herrera--------------Di Maria---------

-----------------------Mata------------------------

-----------Falcao----------Rooney---------

Suen

Fuck Parma. Why didn't you get that Torino spot? We could have met up and watched Parma - Copenhagen.
We're cursed m8. In England and Spain they help their teams even if they are wrong in millions, and in Italy they kill their teams if they are wrong in some hundred of thousands and aren't Milan, Inter or Juventus.

SunFaceWithRays.jpg

GorillaJu

:lol I'm so doing this later. I'm at level 23 and I need fucking light items to be at 26 and unlock the raid. I know the game is getting lot of hate but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Me tooooooooo

It's great. The game I mean, not the murder cave. That part is dumb *goes back to murder cave*

Tc91

:lol I'm so doing this later. I'm at level 23 and I need fucking light items to be at 26 and unlock the raid. I know the game is getting lot of hate but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Best way is to just equip everything with higher light even if the other stats are a downgrade (they are pretty shit anyway) and buy a guaranteed exotic for your class from Xur (today is the last day).

Then equip one of the faction items and get that rep up to level 2 and farm the marks for the gear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom