• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Can't

Breathe

ByjadduCYAATcRW.jpg

Awful performance. We can't dominate like that and create jack shit. I have no idea what we can do other than a radical change in philosophy/tactics, but that is never going to happen.

Hating this season already. Flashbacks to 08/09 where you knew it was a waste of time from September.

GoonerGAF, Flamini, Diaby, or Coquelin for Chelsea? lol =/

bud

flamini should be let go. might as well go down with diaby in his wheel chair than this abomination of a player.

Plasma

Banned
flamini should be let go. might as well go down with diaby in his wheel chair than this abomination of a player.

We gain nothing by playing him or Arteta anymore, they don't do a good job of protecting the back four or distributing the ball out of defence. We'd be better of just playing without a defensive midfielder at the moment because the two we have are just dead weight at this point.

bud

We gain nothing by playing him or Arteta anymore, they don't do a good job of protecting the back four or distributing the ball out of defence. We'd be better of just playing without a defensive midfielder at the moment because the two we have are just dead weight at this point.

this about sums it up.

Scum

Just got in. Pessimistic me was expecting worse but I'll take it.

But bud, pls. Get rid of Arteta and Flamini. They're dead.

guleed93

Neo Member
We are so susceptible to counters its shocking really. Chelsea, and maybe even united, are gonna have a field day against us.

anthonyOA

Great point.

The old Kaboul rose from the grave today. Should have won really, one bad clearance punished :(
But that's the difference between a top 4 side and a hopeful. We should be punishing teams with the chances we get but we lack Ny forward thrust. Luna and bale gave us that. Vdv gave us finesse. Now they're gone we have a team of passers who don't want to take responsibility in the opposition half. Pretty obvious really.

Great draw away today. Means nothing if we lose to another table carrying team tho.

Showaddy

Facking joke btw that Spurs have about 60 centre-mids on the books but we have to play Ryan Mason in the NLD. Levy should have just given MoPo the players he wanted regardless of the cost, not faffing around with cut price replacements.

We are so susceptible to counters its shocking really. Chelsea, and maybe even united, are gonna have a field day against us.

I think we will get destroyed against Chelsea. Wenger will just not change his side to face one side. It is why I admired Fergie so much. he knew to just stick 5 men in midfield and that would pretty much nullify everything we could do. Wenger just wants to play the same shit against everyone.

Lightning

Banned
The biggest problem is Wenger's formation. We have shit DM's who are protecting a back 4 with Özil on the wing not defending. It's just a huge fuck up. I'm not sure what Wenger hopes to achieve with this shit and these stupid formations other than to irritate the crap out of our big money signings. Sanchez will be annoyed at being left out of the starting lineup and the longer this goes the more I'm convinced this is Özil's last season with us. There's no way he's happy and he won't waste his career away on the wing for us.

This is beyond fucking annoying.

Esch

Banned

Damn, lol.

jtb

Banned
Wenger is never going to buy a defensive midfielder. I've come to accept that.

but why the fuck would you not start Sanchez? how could he possibly rationalize that?

Too bad Ramsey's down but now Wenger will have to play Ozil through the middle and start Sanchez, something so simple, so fucking obvious, I don't even know if he'll actually do it.

Bit disappointing. Really negative for almost all of the game, which is hard to put up with when you can't counter properly. Especially when Arsenal look weak there.

I know there are games where you just have to make sure you don't get beat, and that this is how most teams will play when they come here, but it's not for me.

The biggest problem is Wenger's formation. We have shit DM's who are protecting a back 4 with Özil on the wing not defending. It's just a huge fuck up. I'm not sure what Wenger hopes to achieve with this shit and these stupid formations other than to irritate the crap out of our big money signings. Sanchez will be annoyed at being left out of the starting lineup and the longer this goes the more I'm convinced this is Özil's last season with us. There's no way he's happy and he won't waste his career away on the wing for us.

Wenger had been watching Ozil for 6 or 7 years and when he finally gets him completely destroys him. I thought he had a fine debut season for us having to adjust to a new league, but so far he has been terrible and it is all Wenger's though. I really would not begrudge him if he wanted to leave.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Adebayor was really terrible.

He was rubbish but I'm certain he's playing with an injury. Leg was covered in strapping and he doesn't look mobile. In the first two games he looked fit and paced, I hope he gets a rest soon.

Bit disappointing. Really negative for almost all of the game, which is hard to put up with when you can't counter properly. Especially when Arsenal look weak there.

I know there are games where you just have to make sure you don't get beat, and that this is how most teams will play when they come here, but it's not for me.

I don't mind this football away to Arsenal or Chelsea.

Its at home to West fucking Brom where it becomes pathetic.

Decent point but Wenger cost them this game. We lack ideas going forward.

Weekend somewhat salvaged I guess, much better performance for Liverpool to build on despite the sickening end to the match. Sturridge back on Wednesday, Arsenal picking up injuries.

4 winnable fixtures coming up, not that that's saying muc considering the last 3. Now would be a good time to kick on and show that we're capable of finishing in the top 4.

Scum

There was a story in the Evening Standard yesterday that Pep wants Özil.

How did Diaby play midweek?

I would prefer him to start. If he gets injured then no big loss and Flamini comes on.

Passed the ball well, but didn't have too much to deal with on the break, so it's hard to judge that aspect. He handled himself physically, as always, but only lasted an hour.

Flamini is exceptionally poor though. Arteta is still somewhat useful against most PL teams (alongside Ramsey in a 2, not in any other scenario), but Flamini doesn't have anything besides a pair of lungs and extra long studs just incase. Literally nothing else to his game, technically or physically.

I mean, would you even have him over Jedinak or N'Zonzi?

guleed93

Neo Member
I think we will get destroyed against Chelsea. Wenger will just not change his side to face one side. It is why I admired Fergie so much. he knew to just stick 5 men in midfield and that would pretty much nullify everything we could do. Wenger just wants to play the same shit against everyone.

I honestly do not remember any time Arsene adjusted his team to his opposition and I've been watching arsenal for 10+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom