• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Ravel, Fabio, and Daehli did well for you guys.

Daehli had probably his best game for us, played just behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1 and was allowed to roam. Fabio ran himself into the ground and had to go off with cramp just before the end.. and had a goal line clearance in the first 10 minutes.

Morrison came on for 25 minutes and almost immediately started with the Ronaldo-esque stepover shit that drove the Wednesday players crazy. Also set up a Macheda goal that was disallowed (replays show wrongly) for offside.

We're the Man Utd Reserves Old Boys XI these days.

They did when Allardyce managed them.

I'd completely forgotten he used to manage Newcastle. They'd probably kill to have him now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
ByuwSEpCMAApJ39.jpg

Looks like Barry Manilow.

Pennywise

Banter FC on a unbeaten run.

Adnan scoring a goal Messi would never score.

Dean scoring a goal.

It all signals the end of Pardew's reign at Newcastle.

Yeah kinda baffling that dean scored a bunch of goals when he wasn't offside.
Compared to our first matches where he really was our Welbeck, it was magical.

Fuck I can't even buy FIFA

Because of Riots in my city, all Mobile Data and SMS services have been turned off for 2 days.

In India, to buy anything using Credit/Debit card online you have to do 2 factor authentication using a PIN they SMS you.

So, I can't buy anything online. And US cards don't work on Indian origin store where FIFA is cheaper.

FUCK THIS.

Gambit

just watched the Curb episode "Palestinian Chicken"... it might be the best Curb episode. It is just so wrong. Larry David is a social assassin.

That cheered me up even more than Shaqiri's comments that he thinks he deserves more playing time.

L1NETT

Matty Etherington is a free agent

Would give anything to have him back at City. Would probably be a massive contract sadly

Can somebody lend us some money pls

Go_Ly_Dow

if moyes managers newcastle then what kind of rippling effect are we expecting?

positive on United and Everton

Negative

unchanged

unpredicatable

MOyesus?

Last exam done for this year
Draw against Anderlecht tomorrow
Smash Bros in 2 days
Loss against HSV on Saturday

Life would be nice if there wasn't football.

Elchele

just watched the Curb episode "Palestinian Chicken"... it might be the best Curb episode. It is just so wrong. Larry David is a social assassin.

That cheered me up even more than Shaqiri's comments that he thinks he deserves more playing time.

:lol

K1LLER7

Will do tomorrow

Already got turned down for one job

That's what happens when you apply for MI5

Wilbur Bond has a nice ring to it.

Had a phone call today at 7:30am from some law firm in London. Picked up, but nobody was talking on the other side. Ended the call and went back to sleep. Maybe they'll call again tomorrow but I can't even remember applying for a job there lol.

Wilbur

Banned

Wilbur Bond has a nice ring to it.

Had a phone call today at 7:30am from some law firm in London. Picked up, but nobody was talking on the other side. Ended the call and went back to sleep. Maybe they'll call again tomorrow but I can't even remember applying for a job there lol.

You haven't got anything yet either? #GradBros

K1LLER7

You haven't got anything yet either? #GradBros
Nope :(

Had a couple of interviews & assessment centres. Mostly good feedback, but either lacked the experience/technical skills, or just wasn't what they were looking for.

I do better in interviews, nearly got an internship from one but the timing just wasn't right. Prefer interviews over assessment centres. I hate ACs. Almost as much as Gerrard :p

Just looking for anything at the moment to last till September, then going back to uni to complete a masters in Marketing.

Good luck #GradBro, we'll find something eventually :)

kharma45

Yeah you'll get something eventually, just a matter of plugging away and not being too choosy what grad scheme you get on. It's all about experience at this stage.

kharma45

Was thinking of applying for the CS fast stream.

It's good if you can get on to it. It was what I really wanted, but the Northern Ireland one.

Have you looked at the big four? Doesn't have to be accounting or audit, consulting is the big growth area now for our firms.

Is Banter FC going on PC only atm? I'll be getting my PS4 once the holidays roll in.

If you're looking to live the glory days with a winger who doesn't track back or a central midfielder who has great passing but is always terribly out of your position, just contact Mino and he'll forward you my terms.

Hixx

Is Banter FC going on PC only atm? I'll be getting my PS4 once the holidays roll in.

If you're looking to live the glory days with a winger who doesn't track back or a central midfielder who has great passing but is always terribly out of your position, just contact Mino and he'll forward you my terms.

Janet fc is ps4

Believe fc is pc.

GorillaJu

It's one of my very favorite episodes

Please, HSV wasn't worse back then. They've hit rock bottom. Don't be sad just because The Tactical Once In a Lifetime Genius Keller beat you.

Really? They lost 7 matches before the win against us and only got 8 points out of the next 12 matches.

I'm not sure you can call the current situation rock bottom. That's basically their 2014 form :lol

El Topo

Really? They lost 7 matches before the win against us and only got 8 points out of the next 12 matches.

I'm not sure you can call the current situation rock bottom. That's basically their 2014 form :lol

I'm going to be honest, they sucked hard last season, they suck hard now. Right now you can feel the hopelessness and panic even more though.

kharma45

Media jobs, marketing, advertising, publishing, journalism, public sector, copywriting...

I really feel like I've hardly found anything that appeals to me though.

It's still not the market to be picky though, especially as a recent grad. Just apply for every scheme going and get your foot in the door somewhere, even if just for a year or two.

Elchele

Media jobs, marketing, advertising, publishing, journalism, public sector, copywriting...

I really feel like I've hardly found anything that appeals to me though.

What are you sending for the advertising jobs? If you are sending your CV or a copy of your title then you're basically dead. You have to send a portfolio of your copywriting work.

If you don't have any, and you're serious about getting into advertising, then you should consider getting into a course in one of those advertising school, I think those last a year or so and are very good, they help you build a portfolio. Or you could try to get into an advertising agency without pay, to learn and get some experience (sadly, that's how it works in advertising industry)

Wilbur

Banned
It's still not the market to be picky though, especially as a recent grad. Just apply for every scheme going and get your foot in the door somewhere, even if just for a year or two.

Yeah, I haven't done this yet. I've discarded so many departments that I shouldn't have really. Got time to have another look on Thursday/Friday so will do so then.

What are you sending for the advertising jobs? If you are sending your CV or a copy of your title then you're basically dead. You have to send a portfolio of your copywriting work.

If you don't have any, and you're serious about getting into advertising, then you should consider getting into a course in one of those advertising school, I think those last a year or so and are very good, they help you build a portfolio.

I'm sending what they ask of me, but yeah without the experience it isn't much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom