• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-2-3-1 would be nice if Rooney was DEAD

Di Maria and Januzaj either side of Mata, RVP or Falcao up front, Blind and Carrick behind them all. Might be a bit negative in terms of the midfielders but we have some tough fixtures coming up.

This is how I play in Fifa

I've won every time in division 7

We're safe

Says a lot about the state of EPL defences that Kompany is the best CB around.

Don't get me wrong he's good but there have been some titans in the past.

132486.jpg

I still miss him :(

Jarnet87

4-2-3-1 would be nice if Rooney was DEAD

Di Maria and Januzaj either side of Mata, RVP or Falcao up front, Blind and Carrick behind them all. Might be a bit negative in terms of the midfielders but we have some tough fixtures coming up.

Rooney is dead for 3 games, RVP can only run for 45 minutes. There has never been a better time to switch to a 4-2-3-1.

liverbros, just watched mnf with neville's analysis on mignolet. i think he makes a valid point over his keeping technicality. not to discredit jagielka's goal, it was a fucking smashing one, however there appears to be a possibility that the goal could have been saved. i am agreeing with neville on this one, what are your thoughts?

They make good points about the way Mignolet sets himself and how he isn't quite good enough if Liverpool want to push on and become a top, top team. I don't think he is to blame for the Jagielka goal though.

I found it very surprising that both Carragher and Neville think Man Utd will finish above Liverpool this season.

doicare

For the past 3 seasons Herrera has played nearly every single game for Athletic, he comes to Manchester United and in the space of 7 weeks he's already been injured twice.

Viva football.

Zabojnik

For the past 3 seasons Herrera has played nearly every single game for Athletic, he comes to Manchester United and in the space of 7 weeks he's already been injured twice.

Viva football.

Eh, you can't compare the physicaliteh of the EPL to Loliga's. Look at Jovetic, he was the mirror image of a rock before joining City.

Argh and just when i want to go to sleep I see this.

Whatever I'll say it because you all can't see the TRUTh:

Fuck Totti. He's a very creative player, and his flicks are some of the best I've seen. When he's good, he's damn good. But his attitude is GARBAGE and it kept him from being a true great. Roma fans obsess over him and put him above the team. For years when Roma was languishing under Spaletti and after, Totti's attitude and this 'I must start' kept Roma from rebuilding for YEARS.

And his record for the Azzurri was shit. Failed to show up for big matches, did stupid shit. He scores a penalty in 2006 and all is forgotten. Fuck him, I'm glad he retired after that. All the talk of him coming back and I've been all like "ehhhh why?"

In summary, fuck Totti, but I hope Roma do well in CL for the good of Serie A in Europe and also so that they're distracted in the league.

Come at me.

yes Totti's attitude can be considered garbage. he is an arrogant self centred superstar just like Ronaldo and Messi. But he is also just a guy who loves playing football for his city. He knows he could have won more elsewhere, but the pride he has when his children ask him "why is your face on the walls?" is more valuable to him than any trophy.

Also the criticism of Totti's international record is always such a joke. Totti played on one of the greatest under 21 sides we have ever produced. In 2000, he was one of the best players of the tournament and was named Man of the Match for the final. He couldn't have done anymore than he did to help us win that game. Shit finishing cost us that game and Totti the ballon d'or. In 2002, he was unfairly sent off in the Korea game 2004 was a fuck off.

In 2006 Totti risked his whole career to play in the world cup. When he was injured a couple months before the world cup many feared his career was over, but he got himself half fit and risked it all. He put in great performances despite his injury and and was the top assist man on the team. He didn't have a great final, but as I said it was a miracle he was even playing and had played all 120 minutes against Germany. It shows how valuable he was that Lippi constantly picked him over one of his "own" players in Del Piero. It also wasn't a case of Totti just not showing up on the biggest stage as he had destroyed France in a final six years earlier.

The guy risked everything to play for us and still gets so much hate. I am a Juve fan in Serie A, but watching Totti play for Roma gives me such great joy because I believe we are witnessing the greatest attacking talent we have ever produced, and in my opinion someone comparable with Maradona as the greatest to ever played in Serie A. Totti didn't even start scoring goals till 2006 and now is second on the all time list.

It seems you are just a hardcore Juve and don't want to appreciate what Totti has done. I get that, but once you start looking past club shirts you will enjoy football a lot more.

Zabojnik

It seems you are just a hardcore Juve and don't want to appreciate what Totti has done. I get that, but once you start looking past club shirts you will enjoy football a lot more.

It's not tha I don't like Totti as a player, but he's a Romanista and that means I have to "hate" him, which I'm perfectly ok with. :) Seriously speaking, what Totti always lacked is leadership and ambition. Playing for Roma all these years ... you say it's because of love, I say it's (also) because he was perfectly okay with being considered king of his hill (and nothing else). They can call him "er capetano" all they want - when Roma play like shit, Totti plays like shit. When Roma play like bosses, Totti shines. You can go back 20 years, I guarantee you that this has always been the case.

Bold One

so we've officially lost our best Midfielder for at least a few weeks then

Time for Mata and Januzaj to really step up

This fucking season I swear everything that can possibly fuck up, fucks up

Meier

Whoa, Roma have an absolute MONSTER of a player who just sent a ball in from the right wing. Not sure what position he's in naturally but he's huge.

Whoa, Roma have an absolute MONSTER of a player who just sent a ball in from the right wing. Not sure what position he's in naturally but he's huge.

Sporting got a guy that looks like he's 6 years old, third from left

ejQfD6M.png

Also is apparently playing in the middle of a forrest.

Gurthang

Banned
How does this U21 CL work? They don't have to qualify or anything? If the senior team gets qualified they are automatically qualified too?

It's not I don't like Totti as a player, but he's a Roma player and that means I have to "hate" him, which I'm perfectly ok with. :) Seriously speaking, what Totti always lacked is leadership and ambition. Playing for Roma all these years ... you say it's because of love, I say it's (also) because he was perfectly okay with being considered king of his hill (and nothing else). They can call him "er capetano" all they want - when Roma play like shit, Totti plays like shit. When Roma play like bosses, Totti shines. You can go back 20 years, I guarantee you that this has always been the case.

I genuinely think it was his love of the city and Roma that kept him there. You just have to listen to the pride he has spoken about what it has meant to him recently to know that it means a lot to him. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the king of his hill thing was true or he got cold feet. After all the contract from Madrid had been written up and he did tell Raul he would join him.

I would agree with your description of Roma. he has basically played with four world class players in his 20 odd years at the club.,De Rossi, Cafu, Batistuta and Cassano. Other than that he has had to make average players look good. He really is credit to his greatness how many times he has put this shit team in a top 3 position.

Esch

Banned
I bet it is the announcement of a midweek friendly between United and the Park Ji Sung all stars

Holy shit lol, was this intentional?
JgZs64Q.png

Manchester United considering midweek friendlies abroad

Reports suggest a lack of Champions League football this season could cost United more than £40m.
United's managing director Richard Arnold says lucrative fixtures overseas are something the club will "continue to look at".
An early League Cup exit means they will play only three more midweek games this season, all in the Premier League.

United won the Champions League as recently as 2008, but their seventh-place finish last season under David Moyes meant they missed out on European club football's premier competition for the first time in 19 years.
The club reported a record annual revenue of £433.2m for the financial year 2013-2014, and profits of £23.8m.
But not being in a European competition this year could affect that revenue by around 10%.

More than 100,000 fans watched United's 3-1 win over Real Madrid in Michigan this summer during the side's pre-season tour of the United States.
And Arnold believes manager Louis van Gaal would be receptive to similar fixtures during the Premier League campaign.
"We have a fantastic partnership in terms of our work off the pitch and I'm very appreciative of the support we have had from him," Arnold said.

"For many years of our [pre-season] international tours, there is a plan to ensure we get that team building that goes together with getting the team all together in one place.
"That's something that's being looked at."
Meanwhile, United striker Robin van Persie says Van Gaal is installing a Dutch mentality on the squad's meetings.
"It's very demanding in a good way as you have to be focused every single day of the sessions or the meeting," Van Persie says.
"You have to give your own input, which is what the staff likes. That's a bit of the Dutch thing."

Fucking shit. Losing Herrera...

We've been almost as bad as Arsenal with injuries the last couple of years. Meanwhile, City (except for 1 year) and Chelsea are always injury free.

Meier

UEFA FCL site is shitting the bed as usual. Just made a transfer of Bravo out of my team and now the only guy showing is the useless sub I have for him.

arkon

The guy risked everything to play for us and still gets so much hate. I am a Juve fan in Serie A, but watching Totti play for Roma gives me such great joy because I believe we are witnessing the greatest attacking talent we have ever produced, and in my opinion someone comparable with Maradona as the greatest to ever played in Serie A. Totti didn't even start scoring goals till 2006 and now is second on the all time list.

By my quick calculations based off wikipedia stats (lol) he had 138 goals before the 2005/2006 season across all competitons. 110 in the league..His scoring rate is mostly comparable pre-2006. 2006/7 was the best tally but other than that it all looks quite similar.

scently

I don't think the diamond will work without Herrera. He provided the needed box to box energy needed in this formation, or atleast or interpretation of it. I am sure LVG might try playing with Fletcher or Blind sitting with the other out right but I don't think it can't work. Even if Felliaini is fit I don't know if he has the energy required to play that role effectively.....

The injury crisis is just ridiculous.

By my quick calculations based off wikipedia stats (lol) he had 138 goals before the 2005/2006 season across all competitons. 110 in the league..His scoring rate is mostly comparable pre-2006. 2006/7 was the best tally but other than that it all looks quite similar.

13 seasons vs 8. After the world cup his role at Roma changed and he become more of a goalscorer compared to before when his primary job was to provide chances for others. From 2006 to 13 only Messi, Ronaldo and Rooney had been involved in more goals than him. Even more impressive is that they were all entering their prime while Totti was just leaving his.

Pereira is the closest midfielder in style to Herrera. Good technique, can make defense splitting passes from time to time, and not afraid to get stuck in. It's either him or Fletcher.

scently

Pereira is the closest midfielder in style to Herrera. Good technique, can make defense splitting passes from time to time, and not afraid to get stuck in. It's either him or Fletcher.

But does he have the energy for it. He looks rather slight. I would rather it be him than Fletcher personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom