• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

manchestercitehroma.png

dc pls, make it happen.

dc89

Pepe is in love with Evra already

tumblr_nch5ndI4cZ1r30r4xo9_r1_250.gif

Pepe is barely a pro player anymore, he's just our mascot/stand-up comedian now. :''''''''(

YES DAN! Vamos City!

tumblr_nch5ndI4cZ1r30r4xo6_r1_250.gif

I hope you finish in 4th place. Manchester is red ye cunt
and yes this is partially about Juvetic...but mostly Junited

:D

D:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kNiexBYYHCk/T9mtSotEZeI/AAAAAAAABJU/_vIcxzZe-Ew/s1600/francesco-totti-05.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

You read it right! GET IN HIS POCKET!

Zabojnik

ByxpZH2IgAAtYX0.png:large

Tomorrow.

Juve-Bros, remember when we thought we'd make the switch to 4-3-3 by now? Those were the times. Fuck it, 3-5-2 fo' life. DAI DAI DAI

Slizz

Tomorrow.

Juve-Bros, remember when we thought we'd make the switch to 4-3-3 by now? Those were the times. Fuck it, 3-5-2 fo' life. DAI DAI DAI

This should be a good game.

Feel like Barca PSG is going to be boring today. Roma City feeling like it will be as well.

Sporting x Chelsea will be the match to watch. You´ll get to see us play incredibly well
only to have Sarr complety get beaten by Costa dozens of times and cost us the match.

Zabojnik

Feel like Barca PSG is going to be boring today. Roma City feeling like it will be as well.

I don't know, I think the potential for a cracking game is there. City are playing at home, so they're bound to try and win it, Roma have no idea how to park the bus. But even if they're forced to by City, they could be deadly on counters. Yeah, I'm optimistic.

Both Barca and Juve are going to concede and lose this week.

No shame in it, Atletico are quality and have to make up for that first CL match. If I had 100€ to spare, I'd put it on Atletico scoring from a corner / free kick, or getting a penalty. It feels inevitable.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Tomorrow.

I'm either really glad or really sad that I'm going to miss this game.

and remember when we* thought Morata was bad?

*tbf it was only you.

Slizz

Only gonna be able to watch the first half of Bayern today. Hopefully I can catch the others on replay tonight when I'm off work.

:D

D:

You read it right! GET IN HIS POCKET!

Totti played against Baresi, Maldini, Costacurta, Cannavaro, Nesta, Thuram and many other GREAT defenders. I doubt Totti will put much thought into Kompany.

Kompany will never have played against anyone like Totti. He doesn't offer anyone reference to defenders. Totti can be the most advanced player one minute and then back in the centre circle with five or six players in advance of him. He sees angles and cuts that most over players can't and even if they can don't have the guts or skill to make. Totti is at his most dangerous when a defender thinks he has Totti in his pocket, because Totti is capable of those passes while defenders have been lured into a false sense of security. he can have his back to goal and still zing a ball 40 or 50 yards cross field to a player who is running in full stride.

I don't know, I think the potential for a cracking game is there. City are playing at home, so they're bound to try and win it, Roma have no idea how to park the bus. But even if they're forced to by City, they could be deadly on counters. Yeah, I'm optimistic.

I agree with you. It really will be dependent on how Gervinho and Totti click if they Roma score tonight. But Roma will definetly concede. They have fallen off dramatically defensively since last season. Doesn't help that they sold their star CB and the other starter is out injured, plus their starting LB was sold. It has mainly been incompetent forwards who have prevented themselves from scoring, such as in the Moscow game and even against Verona at the weekend. They have looked like they could have conceded two or three easy goals in every game so far.

Zabojnik

I agree with you. It really will be dependent on how Gervinho and Totti click if they Roma score tonight. But Roma will definetly concede. They have fallen off dramatically defensively since last season. Doesn't help that they sold their star CB and the other starter is out injured, plus their starting LB was sold. It has mainly been incompetent forwards who have prevented themselves from scoring, such as in the Moscow game and even against Verona at the weekend. They have looked like they could have conceded two or three easy goals in every game so far.

I don't know man, I thought so as well, but then I saw the last two matches and Manolas is fucking solid. The whole team is, defensively. I guess this will be the first big test for them. That and Juve - Roma later in the week.

But yeah, I can definitely see them conceeding. The switch from Serie A to CL didn't seem to bother them at all in the first match, but that was CSKA at home, this is Citeh away. Should be fun either way.

I'll never let my Serb dreams die, Zab. Forza Kolarov.

-

Just watched the Shadow of Mordor quick look on Giant Bomb. I had NO idea that it was a 3rd person open world game like Assassin's Creed. I... uh... I don't know what I expected. But, despite the hype for it, I'm still kind of disappointed. I've never been the biggest fan of those type of games, so I guess that's on me.

Wilbur

Banned
Totti played against Baresi, Maldini, Costacurta, Cannavaro, Nesta, Thuram and many other GREAT defenders. I doubt Totti will put much thought into Kompany.

Kompany will never have played against anyone like Totti. He doesn't offer anyone reference to defenders. Totti can be the most advanced player one minute and then back in the centre circle with five or six players in advance of him. He sees angles and cuts that most over players can't and even if they can don't have the guts or skill to make. Totti is at his most dangerous when a defender thinks he has Totti in his pocket, because Totti is capable of those passes while defenders have been lured into a false sense of security. he can have his back to goal and still zing a ball 40 or 50 yards cross field to a player who is running in full stride.

Kompany has played against Messi you know

I am off to bed now, five hours of sleep before the game.

I leave all Man City fans with these two videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZUjZRJQLF8

What do you get when you combine Xavi, Zlatan, Zidane Pirlo, Iniesta, Ronaldo and Messi? Well the answer is in that video above above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZUjZRJQLF8

and that is a video of some great Totti moments from 2012/13 to show he has still got it.

Kompany has played against Messi you know

Why would you compare a fiat cinquecento to a ferrari 458???

Says a lot about the state of EPL defences that Kompany is the best CB around.

Don't get me wrong he's good but there have been some titans in the past.

Wilbur

Banned
Says a lot about the state of EPL defences that Kompany is the best CB around.

Don't get me wrong he's good but there have been some titans in the past.

Was just about to post this. He's a good defender definitely, but the fact he gets praised so much is a) because of the dearth of quality in the league and b) because he can speak a few fucking languages.

Time and time again Demichelis got criticised in the second half of last season while Kompany escaped blame.

I have an assessment centre down in that London next week.

I've only been to one assessment centre before. Shat bricks before it, absolutely loved it on the day, was heartbroken when I didn't get it. So don't really know how to approach this one.

Advice pls adult-GAF

Enjoy it less. Clearly it was your downfall last time.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbur's hate for Shanks is palpable :lol

I really just wanted to say palpable again

I don't hate him at all :lol, I just think he's guilty of saying silly things sometimes. Everything he said about Totti there, Messi can do.

And "Kompany has never played anyone like Totti."

Shanks PLS

Wilbur likes Totti. I got time for that

I really do. Probably my favourite non-United player ever.

oh fuck.

fuck.

genuinely, fuck.
Carrick should be back soon I guess. He's been training for a week or two. International break after the Everton game so hopefully after that he can slot in.

Although not sure the diamond works anymore, need energy from those two wide players.

Batongen

Banned
Junited becoming the new Arsenal. Van Gaal really is crazy in training, or what's happening over there?

It's like I'm starting to listen to doicare, but that day will indeed be a sad day.

Whatever I'll say it because you all can't see the TRUTh:

Fuck Totti. He's a very creative player, and his flicks are some of the best I've seen. When he's good, he's damn good. But his attitude is GARBAGE and it kept him from being a true great. Roma fans obsess over him and put him above the team. For years when Roma was languishing under Spaletti and after, Totti's attitude and this 'I must start' kept Roma from rebuilding for YEARS.

And his record for the Azzurri was shit. Failed to show up for big matches, did stupid shit. He scores a penalty in 2006 and all is forgotten. Fuck him, I'm glad he retired after that. All the talk of him coming back and I've been all like "ehhhh why?"

In summary, fuck Totti, but I hope Roma do well in CL for the good of Serie A in Europe and also so that they're distracted in the league.

Come at me.

Wilbur

Banned
Carrick should be back soon I guess. He's been training for a week or two. International break after the Everton game so hopefully after that he can slot in.

Although not sure the diamond works anymore, need energy from those two wide players.

4-2-3-1 would be nice if Rooney was DEAD

Di Maria and Januzaj either side of Mata, RVP or Falcao up front, Blind and Carrick behind them all. Might be a bit negative in terms of the midfielders but we have some tough fixtures coming up.

Jarnet87

Kill the diamond, embrace the 4-2-3-1, save United.

I don't hate him at all :lol, I just think he's guilty of saying silly things sometimes. Everything he said about Totti there, Messi can do.

And "Kompany has never played anyone like Totti."

Shanks PLS

I really do. Probably my favourite non-United player ever.

I really do think he offers more than Messi. While Messi is of course a ridiculous goal threat, for me Totti does and thinks things that over players including Messi don't. It is mainly as i said at the weekend because of the era that Totti grew up in. His job was not to keep possession and play it safe, but was to try the impossible. If Totti was starting his career now he would be a completely different player and would infuriate coaches, especially someone like Pep or Wenger. Totti is reckless and that is why Kompany will never have played against someone like him.

Anyways i am really off to bed now. Only 4 1/2 hours of sleep now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom