• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't know why you guys care so much about some old as fuck QPR player. He even tweets like my grandpa would.

He is. But he will score against Arsenal even if injured.

I care about anyone that makes DC cry salty tears

He was so funny in the whatsapp :lol

"Kick arsenal out of the fucking top seeds, we don't deserve a group like this and they've failed for 14 years straight"

"I don't understand why people laugh at us, United needed time to adapt to Europe"

:lol :lol :lol

As vulva said I'd like to see City play with the foreigners rule

Ashley Cole and Seydou Keita da God were such shrewd signings. All the big game experience needed for this level, and both still have a tonne of quality. The latter looked set to end his career in China, but when he went to Valencia early this year you could see he hadn't lost a step.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
If Ibra had played we'd have lost 4-2, maybe 5-2. Well the toughest fixture of the group is out of the way at least.

City are done, Europa League for them.

Fuck sake Jeff Stelling. First you say Willian had his best game of the season against Leicester (it was Villa) then you besmirch Matic by calling him fucking Vidic.

Jeff pls.

dem long arms

yargrn.gif

bIQLi25.jpg

city utter shit in europe probably going out at group stage and barca my word why not have a fukin shot from outside the box. iniesta is a great player but cant score for shit and neymar always wants the ball to his feet, just make a run and dat defence holy shit. just play maschareno in midfield and drop biscuits and add some height in the defence

Portugeezer

I feel bad that I have to feel happy about a draw vs Shaktar... but bloody hell we made it more complicated than it should have been. Lopetegui pls, we are not Barcelona, just boot it up from defence.

Porto is top of the table, that is all that matters in the end.

Zabojnik

Ángel Di María retweeted
Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 9 hrs9 hours ago

We're looking forward to hosting you @OfficialASRoma, and a legendary player such as Totti. He's never scored in England, has he? #CityvRoma

iuAG7kLUBzkzB.gif

I haven't really seen much of Chelsea this year, think I've only watched the Everton game. How is Courtois doing?

Truth be told, he hasn't had a match where he's been constantly under pressure to make top saves (bare in mind I missed the Everton game) and be a match winner but he's let in some goals you wonder if he could have done better on.

He's done pretty well, a lot more to come I think. Not been helped by some shit defending.

Wilbur

Banned
I feel bad that I have to feel happy about a draw vs Shaktar... but bloody hell we made it more complicated than it should have been. Lopetegui pls, we are not Barcelona, just boot it up from defence.

Porto is top of the table, that is all that matters in the end.

Hold on you drew?! Was 2-0 when I checked :lol

Great. His distribution in that Everton match was fucking woeful though, but other than that he has been great.

He got scared.

Sweet. Love Courtois.

I care about anyone that makes DC cry salty tears

He was so funny in the whatsapp :lol

"Kick arsenal out of the fucking top seeds, we don't deserve a group like this and they've failed for 14 years straight"

"I don't understand why people laugh at us, United needed time to adapt to Europe"

:lol :lol :lol

As vulva said I'd like to see City play with the foreigners rule

Christ.

Listen DC, if you let a fucking 38 year old beat your defense and keeper on speed and score, you don't deserve shit.

Marc

City just can't do this CL thing.

Just concede silly goals all the time and expect the attackers to somehow make up for it, not like the premier league where you can just go and score 4 goals.

Scholes is a right happy fella, lights up a room. Not got a problem with that in general (like that myself) but if you're getting into entertainment as a pundit then maybe not the right fit.

Chalobah played for Burnley U21s tonight and left in an ambulance apparently... >.<

Christ. A symbol of England's future in many ways.

Feorax

Gonna be fun to see how that plays out.

In reality, we know what will happen.

Raises an interesting discussion though, how do you approach the matter of a club refusing to release a player for international duty on the grounds of (justifiable) concerns as to the wellbeing of the player?

Edit: for those that missed the quotes, Brendan basically said Sturridge will not be fit for England, even if he can play v West Brom on saturday.

Why not bring in Milik? You have to win against Apoel to stand a chance of advancing.

Sigthorsson can fuck off. Fucking wank stain.

If it was up to most Ajax fans Sigthorsson wouldn't play another minute, Milik and Zivkovic far outclass him, De Boer puts way too much faith into his starting line-up. Moisander and Boilesen also haven't been good at all but he keeps letting them play 90 minutes.

Now we can only hope for third, unless APOEL fuck PSG's shit up.

Clegg

Viva was right about Kompany. If he's the best in the league then we really have a dearth of actual top quality defenders.

Also fun to notice Toure's complete lack of effort to close down the ball. Led to Roma's goal about 5 seconds later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom