• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
WhatsApp is the best place to be during the games. The emotions flow freely with no posting restrictions. And you get pictures.

Oh and Rio can fuck off. I think he forgot that United basically forced their season ticket holders to go to the CL games. Football is just too expensive for most to go game after game, sadly.
Why should we be kicked out of seeds? What have your shit club done in Europe despite spending 100's of millions? Forget last year we got Dortmund, Napoli and Marseille? We get shit groups top.

Wilbur

Banned
please support juventus tmw. i wont be here

junited gaf needs your luscious tongue

tmw will be the day our whole project collapses and we snap back to reality allegri

I'm not here either :( working until 10

I will be cheering on a stunning 4-4 draw but with both teams to progress

please understand

JUnited forever

Why should we be kicked out of seeds? What have your shit club done in Europe despite spending 100's of millions? Forget last year we got Dortmund, Napoli and Marseille? We get shit groups top.

agJIP.gif

A couple of stats:

1. Since Napoli's loss in the qualifier, no Italian team has lost in Europe this season.

2. This run is 100% guaranteed to end when Juve plays Atletico.

This is 110% true.

Our defense is going to get mangled. Ogbonna has been doing well but between him and Bonucci somebody is bound to fuck up.
It'll be Chiellini, won't it?

Our only hope is that Evra tracks back :lol

I'd be okay playing some zona mista tomorrow even if it gets all the neutrals angry. Fuck you we're playing away to last year's finalist.

Jesus sounds like Chalobah hurt his neck/throat for Burnley U21s and is in hospital. No update til tomorrow. Hope he is ok and no idea why we would loan out a player and then he play for that teams u21s. Stupid.

Jesus sounds like Chalobah hurt his neck/throat for Burnley U21s and is in hospital. No update til tomorrow. Hope he is ok and no idea why we would loan out a player and then he play for that teams u21s. Stupid.

Burnley manager said he wanted to bed him in more and get him used to their physical style of play before starting him. He came off the bench around HT I think when they lost 4-0 last weekend and the manager was happy. I think tonight was about match practise etc, shame it ended that way :/

operon

Be nice to hear dc arguments ring out around emptyhad. Arsenal have done more in europe than city and fully deserve their seeding. Any team that can't get out of group stage had no business being in the 1st pot .

Be nice to hear dc arguments ring out around emptyhad. Arsenal have done more in europe than city and fully deserve their seeding. Any team that can't get out of group stage had no business being in the 1st pot .

Pretty much.

If they can't finish above Roma having spent so much, they don't deserve to be in a more favourable Pot next season. If you want it easier in Europe, you have to get better in Europe.

Obviously it's unfortunate for City that they happened to draw Roma who are clearly the best of the Pot 3 teams, but there's no way of making an objective, stats-based seeding system which doesn't throw oddities like that out every once in a while.

I'm sure the weaker teams in City's first CL group weren't happy when the shoe was on the other foot, and City went from no-marks to a team with world class personnel within a year, and entered the CL in Pot3/4.

Happened to United loanees too. Keane is at Burnley playing for their u21s and Powell is at Leicester playing for their u21s.

I have the best luck on PC FUT. I got Messi day one and just sold him for over a million coins and made a dutch team. Decided I am going to use the rest on packs and the first pack I open.

http://d.maxfile.ro/hyhbmm.webm

It's not good, I am thinking of asking for a refund.

I fucking hate you. I FUCKING HATE YOU!

why don't you share your games with Bacon and Broken SO I CAN FUCKING PLAY THE GAME I SPENT MONEY ON! not got past the fucking benchmark yet.

Scum

It just looks like a slightly better ass creed... Which is still kind of poop.

Morning, Wooden.

I have the best luck on PC FUT. I got Messi day one and just sold him for over a million coins and made a dutch team. Decided I am going to use the rest on packs and the first pack I open.

You make money no matter what you do. ¬_¬

Quiche i got Messi too. Can I sell him, how do I sell him

Bloody hell. You as well?!

Jarnet87

Shadow of Mordor looks fantastic

Watched the Quick Look just now, the way the fights branch out looks great. Can't wait to play it.

I don't think I have it in me to play another beat em up action adventure game ever again, just burnt myself out years ago. From streams it looks entertaining and the Nemesis System is really innovative, too bad it will be poorly imitated in games like this for the next 6 years.

I don't think I have it in me to play another beat em up action adventure game ever again, just burnt myself out years ago. From streams it looks entertaining and the Nemesis System is really innovative, too bad it will be poorly imitated in games like this for the next 6 years.

I think GTA could be amazing with a Nemesis system

Though it'd be difficult to implement it in a way which prevents you from just sniping them from afar, without just putting them all inside buildings, which were the worst parts of IV and V

Scum

How much can you make from selling Ronaldo and Messi? Don't people trade them in for real money as well??

Please it isn't morning yet scum

Just woke up, didn't you? I know you did. That's why it's morning for you. Didn't bother going in to your lecture today either, did you? Spent it playing FIFA??

ngDCi9a.png

How much can you make from selling Ronaldo and Messi? Don't people trade them in for real money as well??

Just woke up, didn't you? I know you did. That's why it's morning for you. Didn't bother going in to your lecture today either, did you? Spent it playing FIFA??

ngDCi9a.png

I've been watching drew from giantbomb finish mgs1 ever since cl stopped. Need to be up in 5 hours. Sudoku.

inky

It just looks like a slightly better ass creed... Which is still kind of poop.

From the quicklook, it looked like AssCreed with Batman's combat.

I really didn't see the "amazing" aspect of it, but that could be because Brad spent most of the time just talking and really doing nothing, and well, Dan was just being Dan which meant asking a ton of dumb questions and acting surprised each time he didn't recognize a word Brad said.

The open world looked super bland and boring, not really something you'd like to explore or a place that changed interestingly from region to region. It just looked like random camps and buildings scattered here and there on brown terrain. It seems that you just unlock the towers, check the available missions and fast travel to the nearest one which doesn't sound like fun progression to me.

They also kept talking about how there were a million things to do, but they never really showed any of it and I imagine most of it are collectibles anyway.

I guess the nemesis system looked fine, particularly the dynamic aspect of it. They sounded really impressed at how it escalated, enemies had memories and changed over time, which I admit sounds neat, but I don't really know if that is enough to carry a game on its own. It really looks more like it just has that "AAA factor" to it that makes it looks like a bigger deal than it actually is.

It really didn't do anything for me, but that's understandable, as the last Ass Creed game I enjoyed was 2. I didn't even finish Brotherhood.

From the quicklook, it looked like AssCreed with Batman's combat.

I really didn't see the "amazing" aspect of it, but that could be because Brad spent most of the time just talking and really doing nothing, and well, Dan was just being Dan which meant asking a ton of dumb questions and acting surprised each time he didn't recognize a word Brad said.

The open world looked super bland and boring, not really something you'd like to explore or a place that changed interestingly from region to region. It just looked like random camps and buildings scattered here and there on brown terrain. It seems that you just unlock the towers, check the available missions and fast travel to the nearest one which doesn't sound like fun progression to me.

They also kept talking about how there were a million things to do, but they never really showed any of it and I imagine most of it are collectibles anyway.

I guess the nemesis system looked fine, particularly the dynamic aspect of it. They sounded really impressed at how it escalated, enemies had memories and changed over time, which I admit sounds neat, but I don't really know if that is enough to carry a game on its own. It really looks more like it just has that "AAA factor" to it that makes it looks like a bigger deal than it actually is.

It really didn't do anything for me, but that's understandable, as the last Ass Creed game I enjoyed was 2. I didn't even finish Brotherhood.

Fucking THIS. All of this.

That quick look did nothing to make me excited for the game, possibly because they did such a poor job explaining what it was that made this game interesting.

The Bombing the AM episode for Monday with Alexa Ray Corriea did nothing to pique my interest either. Again, she talked up the nemesis system and how it created interesting gameplay moments, but I can't imagine that would sustain me for the course of a game.

It's totally fine that I'm not interested in this, but I think this is the first time in ages that I've been so thoroughly confused about why this game is worthy of high praise.

valeo

I fucking hate you. I FUCKING HATE YOU!

why don't you share your games with Bacon and Broken SO I CAN FUCKING PLAY THE GAME I SPENT MONEY ON! not got past the fucking benchmark yet.

Yeah? Well I got Nzonzi and have about 500 coins. So take that.

FUT is bs. But I keep playing it.

p.s. why wouldn't you sell it for real money?

Pretty sure he just was in the pack I opened. I play him up front with gomis

wow that is pretty insane, I think you can hold onto him if you want more coins or sell him now on the market for like 1,150,000. I bought a cheap Dutch side and BPL and am now just opening packs.

Yeah? Well I got Nzonzi and have about 500 coins. So take that.

FUT is bs. But I keep playing it.

p.s. why wouldn't you sell it for real money?

Didn't really know you could. Also don't really care about trying to get money of stupid kids.

Jarnet87

I think GTA could be amazing with a Nemesis system

Though it'd be difficult to implement it in a way which prevents you from just sniping them from afar, without just putting them all inside buildings, which were the worst parts of IV and V

From a combat aspect I don't think it would work too well in GTA, but from a story aspect it could be amazing.

GorillaJu

The neat thing about Shadow of Mordor is the way you can have an impact on what feels like a real Orc society. I didn't watch the GBQL but it probably didn't come across well just how alive the world feels.

The enemies actually have real personalities and tendencies—some captains for example like to roam around with a pack of minions and some dudes are lone brutes who are arrogant and want the glory for themselves. Then there are individual strengths and weaknesses, like enemies who go enraged if you use fire on them and some who flail around like pansies.

I know it doesn't sound super ground breaking but with few exceptions, enemies in games tend to all follow the exact same patterns and motives, with their differences essentially being aesthetic. The same isn't true in this game, and you can even get your own mini factions in the Orc army who fight against your enemies and grow stronger independently. It really feels like an actively evolving power hierarchy.

Enemies having memories is cool but it's not the best part it's just one minor component in an overall pretty engrossing system.

If I compare AC and SOM on a very broad level, I would say that the world and it's inhabitants in AC are there to serve gameplay concepts, and in SOM it's the other way around. AC's open world feels like it was created for you specifically. SOM's world genuinely feels like it exists independently of you.

inky

They kind of explained it, but imo it didn't come across too well during the quick look, and I understand that the sort of progression they are aiming for is hard to show during a 1 hour play session when it is an over time thing.

I do think that the nemesis system seems neat, but I didn't get much out of the quicklook. Also, the combat looked like this often:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yQzDbv6rS8

which I though undermined the whole "tactical approach" to each different captain fight a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom