• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I don't think it's the money. I think Messi is one of those guys who just needs to feel better than everyone else. He probably thinks he should be above paying tax. Like he is the best player in the world maybe ever, everyone knows that, but he still bullies his team mates and forced Pep out of the club. Why would he do that? He doesn't gain anything - just makes him feel better about himself.

Hahahaha

I don't think it's the money. I think Messi is one of those guys who just needs to feel better than everyone else. He probably thinks he should be above paying tax. Like he is the best player in the world maybe ever, everyone knows that, but he still bullies his team mates and forced Pep out of the club. Why would he do that? He doesn't gain anything - just makes him feel better about himself.

Wait, he forced Pep out?

Zabojnik

I wonder how much of this is actually Messi and not his look-alike cunt of a father.

While manager Pep Guardiola was giving a dressing room speech, Messi interrupted him to ask for a Coke. Pep denied the request, saying his players may not have that kind of drink before a game. Clearly in the mood for some delicious brown sugar water, Messi stood up, grabbed a Coke and drank it in front of all the players.

The funnies :) lol

Incredible player, cunt of a person. No kidding.

bud23

@SkySportsNewsHQ · 6m 6 minutes ago
BREAKING NEWS: Lionel Messi to go on trial for alleged Tax evasion after Spanish judge rejects appeal to drop charge

iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

ronaldld1cot7.png

I hope he wears that stupid suit

:lol One can only hope m8

cristiano-ronaldo-lionel-messi-girlfriend.jpg

I don't think it's the money. I think Messi is one of those guys who just needs to feel better than everyone else.

Nah.

773-lionel-messi-standing-out-at-the-fifa-ballon-dor-2013-gala-wearing-weird-red-fashion-smoking.jpg

Sorry to the reasonable ones on here.

It's cool.

But I agree, they're a rowdy bunch. ESPECIALLY the Galatasaray fans. They take extreme pride in being savage. As a Gala fan it's frowned upon not to take part in these type of activities. At Least the Fenerbahce fans have some class.

That being said, lol @ turkish super lig.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fifa is really strange

Some tackles are blatant fouls and dont count and some players are so strong that you cant tackle them.

EmiPrime

It's cool.

But I agree, they're a rowdy bunch. ESPECIALLY the Galatasaray fans. They take extreme pride in being savage. As a Gala fan it's frowned upon not to take part in these type of activities. At Least the Fenerbahce fans have some class.

That being said, lol @ turkish super lig.

We were chanting

SHIT FENERBAHCE
YOU'RE JUST A SHIT FENERBAHCE
SHIT FENERBAAAAAAAAHCE
YOU'RE JUST A SHIT FENERBAHCE

At various intervals during the game and on the walk to the stadium. :) As well as lighting flares they were throwing things at the upper tier directly above them. Tossers.

Peco

Balotelli looks like a passenger for Liverpool at the moment because he is a passenger. He is playing in a side that wants him to do something he does not do and with players that do not know what he wants them to do. He is playing the trombone in a rock band.

That's a really accurate description of Balo's career so far.

Balotelli should not be leading the line for Liverpool. He was at his best at Inter when he was playing with pure strikers like Eto'o and Milito.

I dunno, I'm not sure I can agree wit ha central premise that really Balotelli's a languid target man and that they're not playing to his strengths. That's not the fast, direct and skillful player I remember from Inter and City. I suppose I could be misremembering but yeah.

At Inter their were other target men and he could play a free role.

Zabojnik

That's a really accurate description of Balo's career so far.

The new Cassano. The sooner he joins a small side like Parma and gets the team tailored around him, the better for everybody. Him especially. After Liverpool he'd done on top level, although I'm sure some big-ish club will try to sign him just because.

I think it was Philipe Auclair (sp?) who said on the last FW that Sanchez doesn;t do his defensive duty. At first I scoffed, but I kinda think he's half-right when I think about it.

He's obviously a fantastic player, I wish we'd got him, I'm looking for holes in his game to make me feel better, and I'd have to watch him more to say this for sure, but sometimes it looks like he's much, much more willing to put in an individual moment of proper tracking back when it's him who's lost the ball in the first place.

Like, his pressing is good no matter where he is on the pitch, but when it comes to busting a gut to help his fullback out, which is necessary I think in Arsenal's system, he's not quite there.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and he does do it more than I think, maybe I'm right and it's a tactical move (keep your quickest player high up the pitch to make a long ball an option, and to help counters), or maybe it's just a case of preserving stamina/fitness where it isn't such a concern for the likes of a Kuyt or a Milner since they hold position more, and don't put so much energy into their forays forward.

I fully expect to be told that I'm chatting shit

edit: Balotelli and Sturridge have only played together once, the 3-0 win at White Hart Lane. Not sure how much can be taken from that though, been a proper outlier in terms of our performances this season.

Peco

The new Cassano. The sooner he joins a small side like Parma and gets the team tailored around him, the better for everybody. Him especially. After Liverpool he'd done on top level, although I'm sure some big-ish club will try to sign him just because.

I'm sure Allegri would be thrilled to have the opportunity to coach him again.

Wilbur

Banned
I dunno, I'm not sure I can agree with a central premise that really Balotelli's a languid target man and that they're not playing to his strengths. That's not the fast, direct and skillful player who played as a striker/winger I remember from Inter and City. I suppose I could be misremembering but yeah.

I've never remembered him to be the special talent he's always made out to be, though. I agree with the general sentiment of the article rather than every point, should have clarified.

I think it was Philipe Auclair (sp?) who said on the last FW that Sanchez doesn;t do his defensive duty. At first I scoffed, but I kinda think he's half-right when I think about it.

He's obviously a fantastic player, I wish we'd got him, I'm looking for holes in his game to make me feel better, and I'd have to watch him more to say this for sure, but sometimes it looks like he's much, much more willing to put in an individual moment of proper tracking back when it's him who's lost the ball in the first place.

Like, his pressing is good no matter where he is on the pitch, but when it comes to busting a gut to help his fullback out, which is necessary I think in Arsenal's system, he's not quite there.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and he does do it more than I think, maybe I'm right and it's a tactical move (keep your quickest player high up the pitch to make a long ball an option, and to help counters), or maybe it's just a case of preserving stamina/fitness where it isn't such a concern for the likes of a Kuyt or a Milner since they hold position more, and don't put so much energy into their forays forward.

I fully expect to be told that I'm chatting shit

edit: Balotelli and Sturridge have only played together once, the 3-0 win at White Hart Lane. Not sure how much can be taken from that though, been a proper outlier in terms of our performances this season.

Can't say I've ever noticed a lack of work rate from him. Nothing that is negligent anyway.

But he is a very inconsistent player. If he doesn't start overcoming that soon he probably never will.

Sometimes it feels like Balotelli is more interested in drawing fouls than actually getting past a player. He routinely puts himself in situations where he's surrounded by 3 players as well. That isn't helped by the fact that our other players are so far away from him, they can afford to take a spare player out of position to mark Balotelli, knowing that any pass he makes will be of such a distance, and of such a low chance to succeed, that the players will have time to get back into position if he releases it.

Might just start watching our equivalent games from last season. Crystal Palace at home next. Suarez has been in great form since his return, and Holloway is in trouble. Should be a routine win.

GorillaJu

YURT I've just been playing BB for the past 3 hours. Hold me. I need time to recover.

--

Balo and Sturridge have only played the one time together but the way they created space for each other was great. He had a very promising debut. Sturridge coming back will benefit us a lot but what I think we lack most at the moment is someone who can play the transitions really well. Studge is so quick everywhere—thinks quick runs quick passes quick. His influence will be really important for us.

Gurthang

Banned
What are the odds that Southampton will get a clean sheet this week? Or in another way which one is more likely; Southampton getting a clean sheet or Chadli scoring and assisting?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Cola, you've been playing FUT, right?

Want some free coins? I feel like giving away some.

Very kind of you, are you making a killing? I actually have 3 good teams now which are 81 overall so im doing ok, got a good transfer policy so that every hour or so I can buy a pack with the shit i sell and im not losing anything.

Rikkun

I'm sure Allegri would be thrilled to have the opportunity to coach him again.

May God help us.

Balotelli will never be Cassano, he'll keep on going from big club to big club because of his salary, while his price will lower each time.

YURT I've just been playing BB for the past 3 hours. Hold me. I need time to recover.

--

Balo and Sturridge have only played the one time together but the way they created space for each other was great. He had a very promising debut. Sturridge coming back will benefit us a lot but what I think we lack most at the moment is someone who can play the transitions really well. Studge is so quick everywhere—thinks quick runs quick passes quick. His influence will be really important for us.

I'm trying not to get too overexcited by the prospect of Sturridge's return. A bit worried that he'll be unfit, he'll get injured again, or I just overrate him because he's the main player we have injured atm.

He is boss though. When Sterling is as exhausted as he clearly is now, none of our attackers frighten defenders. We let them take the initiative. Even when Sturridge hasn't got his shooting boots on though, he's clearly a pain in the arse to defend against, and that alone should be a huge improvement

Zabojnik

BzB6qksIEAE39I3.jpg:large

The smug face of a criminal mastermind.

May God help us.

Balotelli will never be Cassano, he'll keep on going from big club to big club because of his salary, while his price will lower each time.

Please stop contradicting me with perfectly reasonable posts, thank you.

I dunno, I'm not sure I can agree with a central premise that really Balotelli's a languid target man and that they're not playing to his strengths. That's not the fast, direct and skillful player who played as a striker/winger I remember from Inter and City. I suppose I could be misremembering but yeah.

When the whole team is playing poorly Balo can't do much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom