• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

What I find nuts is given how large the Indian and Asian population is in the UK that there haven't been anymore professional player breakthrough on that front.

Compare it to the big selection of German players with polish or turkish roots.
Especially the U20,U19 and all of the younger teams have alot of players that could have played for a different team without a problem.

OMG. I didn't think anything could ever beat Ancient Aliens.

But History have done it again. Just following Giorgio around In Search of Aliens is amazing. I love how dramatic he gets when he speaks to Erik von Daniken and he asks him a question.

Hixx

How many of those Indians are Shahs and Patels?

REPRESENT!

Went to school with a Shah. His father owns a nice shop. Unfortunately his lad was a cunt. The type who would knock around behind the science building at break smoking, with his other hand down his pants.

Oddly enough writing that makes me miss school.

3Sixty

A lot of British Asians are still 1st or second generation. So football isn't really engraved in their culture. 20-30 years their will be a much bigger % in the pro game.

Sometimes it feels like Balotelli is more interested in drawing fouls than actually getting past a player. He routinely puts himself in situations where he's surrounded by 3 players as well..

That's what I felt Balo did with Milan. Like he was more interested in drawing a penalty than scoring from a great opportunity.

We just have to go and score 3 or 4 goals. I am more worried about the absence of Herrera tbh. In that diamond formation he and Di Maria are pretty much the only players we have who can fulfil those two roles. Januzaj might be asked to play there...which could work. I have zero faith in anyone else in the squad managing it. Pereira is the only other option who I might feel optimistic about just cos he's a kid.

I would be more comfortable with Pereira playing in Herrera's place than Januzaj. He has more defensive workrate than Januzaj and Herrera plays more of a passing game than Di Maria. On the other hand, I feel more comfortable with januzaj playing Di Maria's role as Di Maria has more freedom to dribble and play further up the pitch despite Januzaj not having Angel's work rate.

What I find nuts is given how large the Indian and Asian population is in the UK that there haven't been anymore professional player breakthrough on that front.

Liverpool have Yan Dhanda in their youth ranks and Spurs have Cy Goddard.

Hixx

My October 'rewards' for having a season ticket have come in:

- Looking for something to do this half term? Why not take advantage of 15% off Diggerland admission price for up to four people?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Went to school with a Shah. His father owns a nice shop. Unfortunately his lad was a cunt. The type who would knock around behind the science building at break smoking, with his other hand down his pants.

Oddly enough writing that makes me miss school.

I am a Shah too

pulga

Banned
FootyGAF, what is the meaning of life?
wtzgU.gif

3Sixty

- Looking for something to do this half term? Why not take advantage of 15% off Diggerland admission price for up to four people?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

... Diggerland?

Bloody northeners

Wilbur

Banned

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Diggerland is brilliant. I went to the one near you for my twelfth birthday.

faridmon

A lot of British Asians are still 1st or second generation. So football isn't really engraved in their culture. 20-30 years their will be a much bigger % in the pro game.

Not true.

Alot are actually 2nd - 3rd genartions Asians and have lived in areas such as Small Heath, Spark Brooks and Alum rock in Brum for a long long time!

Not true.

Alot are actually 2nd - 3rd genartions Asians and have lived in areas such as Small Heath, Spark Brooks and Alum rock in Brum for a long long time!

Both are true, he said 'a lot' :p

Of the people I've met of Asian descent, me and my brothers are the only ones who are 3rd generation.

(If it still counts when mixed race, think it does)

faridmon

Both are true, he said 'a lot' :p

Of the people I've met of Asian descent, me and my brothers are the only ones who are 3rd generation.

(If it still counts when mixed race, think it does)

Yeah, my bad.

I think it depends on the region, but places like Bradford and Brum, most Asian people tend to be rooted way back. However, I can still understand why someone would think that they are first generation, because a lot of them, if not most, tend to go back to Pakistan and marry there and bring the wife to UK. So the Asian cultures are still preserved within the family!

faridmon

Also, NEW LILLIES AND REMAINS ALBUM

The new Lillies and Reimains album is announced for next month and I am bloody looking forward to it. Its called Romanticism. Its being produced by Fuji Maki of previously Soft Ballet and now in a group called minus(-). The Bass drummer left the group so now its all Kent and Kazuya who are making their music. Expect a little more industrial sounding Post-Punk Music. Thier Newest EP ''Lost'' Which came out earlier this year was already more industrial since the Drummer left the band and had to resort to a more digital input for their rythem drums. Kent also played the drums in some of the tracks so a lot of heavy post-processing went to produce that EP. Good on them for getting a legendary musician to do their engineer and production for them, so Kent and Kazuya can focus on their music.

10676332_10152732277269841_8242644992487922689_n.jpg

10450786_10152732279209841_8273566637432662371_n.jpg

Lillies and Remains「Romanticism」収録曲

01. Body
02. Go Back
03. Sublime Times
04. Like The Way We Were
05. Sigh
06. Final Cut #2
07. Recover
08. Composition V
09. To The Left
10. This City #2
11. Hopeless

Can't bloody wait! I am so excited!

I am going bonkers!

3Sixty

Yeah, my bad.

I think it depends on the region, but places like Bradford and Brum, most Asian people tend to be rooted way back. However, I can still understand why someone would think that they are first generation, because a lot of them, if not most, tend to go back to Pakistan and marry there and bring the wife to UK. So the Asian cultures are still preserved within the family!

I did say 2nd generation also in fairness! Large Asian communities in Southampton. We've had quite a few players in a youth systems of Asian decent.

Anyway.

Just seen the Jose Fonte news. Buzzing for the bloke.

STURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACTSTURRIDGECONTRACT

Carbonox

was gonna tickle my pickle but then i've decided i'm going to go out tonight and the budo in my town is easier than a tyler blackett fuck up

NBJssRC.gif

Oh my.

Skrtel stats:

63 games started, 88 conceded, 17 clean sheets. 1.39 goals conceded per game.
19 games not started, 14 conceded, 10 clean sheets. 0.73 goals conceded per game.

Oh my.

Skrtel stats:

63 games started, 88 conceded, 17 clean sheets. 1.39 goals conceded per game.
19 games not started, 14 conceded, 10 clean sheets. 0.73 goals conceded per game.

And he's our best CB :s

Defending, how does it work?

Back 5 isn't the real problem at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom