• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

This looks awesome.

tumblr_ncvf5teWJO1topm99o1_250.gif

I like me some arrow but when that happened my eyes rolled so far they ended up in the east midlands

they returned pretty quickly

because the east midlands is fucking shit. The no man's land of the UK

tumblr_ncvf5teWJO1topm99o1_250.gif

I like me some arrow but when that happened my eyes rolled so far they ended up in the east midlands

they returned pretty quickly

because the east midlands is fucking shit. The no man's land of the UK

fuck u l1nett

you dont like anywhere I've lived do you

Hixx

Man, the US Office is so good. I've watched it like half a dozen times and it still makes me laugh aloud.

When Michael is 'retiring from comedy' and Jim forces him to say that's what she said... so simple but perfectly done. PERFECTLY.

Wilbur

Banned
Man, the US Office is so good. I've watched it like half a dozen times and it still makes me laugh aloud.

When Michael is 'retiring from comedy' and Jim forces him to say that's what she said... so simple but perfectly done. PERFECTLY.

Yeah, it really is very good. It isn't as good as the original, but it's great to just pop on Netflix and chuckle away at.

At least until Michael leaves, anyway. Then it becomes pretty bad.

I don't know if I should go back to Arrow.

I'm about halfway through S2 but it's so shit.

Was hoping it would fill the void of Gossip Girl.

:lol, I got my payslip today, haven't looked at it yet :p

off tomorrow and next week too, YES M8

btw, can people book holidays on your form without your permission? I'm pretty sure it's an error but I'm certain I didn't book off two weeks for Christmas :S

Absolutely not. Must be an error if it's over Christmas. In our store nobody is allowed holiday in December, which sucks since it's my birthday as well a few days before Christmas :(

You can ask for your holiday to be allocated, either in it's entirety or a portion of it. And on the form there is a box you can tick which says 'Allocate Remainder Of Holiday Entitlement' to make it official, in which case your manager should check the holiday schedule and try and fit your's in where necessary.

Normally I'd think you've accidentally had it allocated for you, but there's no way they'd voluntarily choose to have you on holiday at the busiest time of the year, unless you're genuinely more trouble than you're worth :p

Absolutely not. Must be an error if it's over Christmas. In our store nobody is allowed holiday in December, which sucks since it's my birthday as well a few days before Christmas :(

You can ask for your holiday to be allocated, either in it's entirety or a portion of it. And on the form there is a box you can tick which says 'Allocate Remainder Of Holiday Entitlement' to make it official, in which case your manager should check the holiday schedule and try and fit your's in where necessary.

Normally I'd think you've accidentally had it allocated for you, but there's no way they'd voluntarily choose to have you on holiday at the busiest time of the year, unless you're genuinely more trouble than you're worth :p

Lol, fair enough, will speak to them about it when I get back. Thanks m8

Good article from Nev this:

Cesc Fabregas has elevated himself into an elite group of footballers.

Chelsea's 3-0 victory Aston Villa last weekend created a little tremor in my mind. It was that Cesc Fabregas' 144 passes were the most in a Premier League game since Paul Scholes' 148 in 2012 against Tottenham. With the extra subtlety of Cesc and Eden Hazard, especially, this Chelsea side could surpass the performance levels of recent successful Chelsea teams.

When I started to look into total passing and touches in matches over the past three or four seasons, the top 10 names point to a correlation between those players and team success.
Consider those with more than 120 passes: Xavi, Thiago, Alonso, Pirlo, Iniesta, Motta, Yaya Toure, Busquets and Carrick. And you can add Schweinsteiger and Kroos.

I'm not sure Fabregas is actually there yet and I haven't really considered him as that type of player in a while because he became somebody who was alot more dynamic and a presence in the teams attack but it seems Mourinho might be trying to refocus him towards his passing game.

Wilbur

Banned
Good article from Nev this:

Cesc Fabregas has elevated himself into an elite group of footballers.

I'm not sure Fabregas is actually there yet and I haven't really considered him as that type of player in a while because he became somebody who was alot more dynamic and a presence in the teams attack but it seems Mourinho might be trying to refocus him towards his passing game.

This stat is brilliant:

The number of times a player has made 120+ passes in a match since Jan 1, 2010

Xavi 24
Thiago Alcantara 5
Xabi Alonso 4
Andrea Pirlo 4
Andres Iniesta 3
Thiago Motta 3
Marco Verratti 3
Yaya Toure 3
Sergio Busquets 2
Michael Carrick 2
Cesc Fabregas 2

no

and you abandoned your roots and big Jim Hanson for Manchester fucking United

I pray for your sins every night Lance

Where were you at the latest BCFC fan meet up l1nett

where were you

nowhere

you've abandoned your northern roots

come back to the north

its nice here now

Man, just watched Wenger's pre match presser.

The guy is one of the most classy and genuine managers around at a top club. The answers he gives are so honest - it's refreshing to hear.

And I have to think that part of the reason that Arsenal haven't been as successful as they might have been is because of the above.

Wilbur

Banned
Wenger is an odd one, because it's obvious that he is a large part of the reason the club are being held back. He's also a large part of the reason they're competitive.

Dat paradox.

Lightning

Banned
Sad that Bolton didn't work out for Freedman. He's got potential as a very good young manager but it didn't work out for him. Right decision though, Bolton in a very bad way right now.

faridmon

Sad that Bolton didn't work out for Freedman. He's got potential as a very good young manager but it didn't work out for him. Right decision though, Bolton in a very bad way right now.

The way he treated Palace makes him deserve everything he gets there. Acted like he was bigger than the club and look where they ended up without him.

Good riddance I say!

Salvadora

Man, just watched Wenger's pre match presser.

The guy is one of the most classy and genuine managers around at a top club. The answers he gives are so honest - it's refreshing to hear.
Yeah he oozes intelligence and some of the answers he gives in press conferences can be quite profound, in terms of insight of some of the issues surrounding this sport.

Can't really think of anyone else quite like him.

L1NETT

Where were you at the latest BCFC fan meet up l1nett

where were you

nowhere

you've abandoned your northern roots

come back to the north

its nice here now

the only fan meet up I go to is every saturday, half cut, in the kop m8

supporting the only true team in both our lives

the mccall is too strong lance

faridmon

Off to Johnny Foreigner gig now. Looking forward to see them again. They are one band that know how to do live show rather well.

Lightning

Banned
The way he treated Palace makes him deserve everything he gets there. Acted like he was bigger than the club and look where they ended up without him.

Good riddance I say!
So many managers leave clubs that way though. Nothing wrong with trying to better ones self. He felt Bolton was the better opportunity for himself and thats fair but it hasn't worked out for him. Doesn't change the fact he's a bright manager, hope he bounces back.

Lol this Vitesse - Ado match

6 goals in 40 mins

eredivisie pls
Bit one sided to be considered that exciting.

the only fan meet up I go to is every saturday, half cut, in the kop m8

supporting the only true team in both our lives

the mccall is too strong lance

When I'm off the dole I'll get down to VP for some matches, we can have a pint and you can persuade me how much better BC are to United bbs

confuziz

Banned
So many managers leave clubs that way though. Nothing wrong with trying to better ones self. He felt Bolton was the better opportunity for himself and thats fair but it hasn't worked out for him. Doesn't change the fact he's a bright manager, hope he bounces back.

Not exciting, I mean the level of defending ;)

faridmon

He was doing well enough at Palace, actually set up the academy the way it is now and was quite ambitious with it, until off course he decided to throw way all hard work over there, letting every one who trusted him down. I know a lot of mangers have done these kind of action, but somehow I found his way of ''jumping the gun'' a bit more vividly which means that it was done in an appalling way

Also, why he went to Bolton I will never know. Its cursed place to have a success in.

ATF487

I feel torn about the US office. Its best seasons were tremendous but what I loved about the original was how dense and perfectly paced it was. The US version goes on for probably five seasons too long and I was sick to death of Jim and Pam after awhile

edit: on reflection I think I've made this exact post before

Lightning

Banned
He was doing well enough at Palace, actually set up the academy the way it is now and was quite ambitious with it, until off course he decided to throw way all hard work over there, letting every one who trusted him down. I know a lot of mangers have done these kind of action, but somehow I found his way of ''jumping the gun'' a bit more vividly which means that it was done in an appalling way

Also, why he went to Bolton I will never know. Its cursed place to have a success in.
He still done his best for Palace though, gave all he had for the time he was there. It showed qualities in what he did there and how he did it. Managers shit on clubs, clubs shit on managers. It's the way things are unfortunately.

The season he went to Bolton they had a strong team for the division. Just relegated but kept several of their premier league players so he probably thought they were a better prospect at promotion. Didn't work out that way largely due to Holloway's brilliant record in play off games.

FootballFan

This stat is brilliant:

The number of times a player has made 120+ passes in a match since Jan 1, 2010

Xavi 24
Thiago Alcantara 5
Xabi Alonso 4
Andrea Pirlo 4
Andres Iniesta 3
Thiago Motta 3
Marco Verratti 3
Yaya Toure 3
Sergio Busquets 2
Michael Carrick 2
Cesc Fabregas 2

Lol Xavi.

Salvadora

I feel like Wilbur's passes completed stat is a bit of a nothing one.

Obviously the majority of them are wildly talented players, but it doesn't tell the story of what went on in the games. How many of Xavi's 24 are against teams like Chelsea who parked the bus? For example.

Wilbur

Banned
I feel like Wilbur's passes completed stat is a bit of a nothing one.

Obviously the majority of them are wildly talented players, but it doesn't tell the story of what went on in the games. How many of Xavi's 24 are against teams like Chelsea who parked the bus? For example.

The fact that Xavi has so many more is jokes though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom