• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Not sure if I'll finish Shadows of Mordor. I'm enjoying bits and parts of it, but it's so dreary and ugly that I lose interest fast.

Not to mention that everything wants to kill you that it's hard to just let the game sink in.

Yep, there's no flow to the game. It's just gogogogogogogogogo, and I don't like that in open world games.

It's decent but it will sit next to Wolfenstein in terms of being a 2014 game that the internet loves while I don't see the fuss.

Only one good Prem game today out of six

But three out of four tomorrow are good

FA pls

4 of the 6 games should be incredibly competitive. I wouldn't like to pick a winner in any of them.

Liverpool and City really can't afford to not win their games, so they will win them.

GorillaJu

Not sure if I'll finish Shadows of Mordor. I'm enjoying bits and parts of it, but it's so dreary and ugly that I lose interest fast.

Not to mention that everything wants to kill you that it's hard to just let the game sink in.

The lack of level design hurts it. It's a collection of circumstances with lots of really cool stuff to do, but the best part is in the emergent story telling with the nemesis system and the way you can create your own little insurrection in the Orc army.

It's great at it's better moments but there are so many big missteps. The world just seems under-designed. The last game I played before SOM was Destiny and I feel like they're complete opposites. Destiny's game feel is fucking superb but the story and world are dull as dishwater. SOM isn't really that fun to play on a mechanical level, but the world and macro-level systems are awesome.

As for the Witcher controversy—just don't get stupidly hyped for games in the first place and you'll never be let down.

Blablurn

I see that GAF is hyping DriveClub as the second coming already. Does this mean the reviews will be bad?

I hope not. I wouldn't mind playing a Racer.

Polyphony is a joke though. The #1 Racing studio for Sony in the past. And yet they couldn't even release a HD release of GT6 for PS4. I game like this in the beginning of the gen would sell so much. Especially with no games around. Thank god for Evolution.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Polyphony is a joke though. The #1 Racing studio for Sony in the past. And yet they couldn't even release a HD release of GT6 for PS4. I game like this in the beginning of the gen would sell so much. Especially with no games around. Thank god for Evolution.
It reminds me of when GT4 came out for PS2 instead of PS3. I completely lost interest then as I did now with GT6.

Blablurn

It reminds me of when GT4 came out for PS2 instead of PS3. I completely lost interest then as I did now with GT6.

Yep. Exactly.

Of course I can see the cost factor preventing all this but I wouldn't mind some more courage from those developers. Especially with HD Remake being a thing.

Polyphony are no doubt working on a new GT, but Sony don't want them to just release some HD version of GT6 to give that Drive Club shit some attention.

Arnie

Balotelli's going to have a fucking stormer today, isn't he.

Also, seeing Driveclub makes me not want a cross generational port. I want them to build it specifically for the hardware. I just wish Evolution did another Motorstorm rather than that really flat conventional racing stuff. There's tons of that already. Take the social aspects of Driveclub and bolt them onto a PS4 Motorstorm.

Salvadora

Also, seeing Driveclub makes me not want a cross generational port. I want them to build it specifically for the hardware. I just wish Evolution did another Motorstorm rather than that really flat conventional racing stuff. There's tons of that already. Take the social aspects of Driveclub and bolt them onto a PS4 Motorstorm.
Graphically, it looks incredible but all that stuff about weather (and other features) coming in a patch later down the line gives me serious launch game vibes.

Also, only 5 (?) track locations is disappointing.

The only racing game I want is a remake version of Ridge Racer Type 4 :(

Getting Driveclub because it looks glorious and is arcade-ish though. And at least, unlike stupid fucking NFS Rivals there won't be stupid police on my tail when all I want to do is fucking race.

Balotelli's going to have a fucking stormer today, isn't he.

I really don't think so. Then again it's West Brom.

Hixx

Driveclub looks like PGR. There's not enough games that look like PGR.

If you know of one please tell me. It's been too long since PGR4. Blur nearly scratched the itch but the power ups got old fast.

bud

yamauchi has said he'd like gt to drop hdr lighting in favour of ray-tracing (i'm not even sure if any if this makes any sense, i'm paraphrasing). they even did that in the garage sequences in gt5:p. i am confident that at least on a visual level, it'll look much better than driveclub.

hope they'll sort out the engine sounds. that's one of the reasons i skipped out on gt6.

LTWheels

Downing is really obsessed about talking to the press about Liverpool; especially about how he believes he should still be there.

If he actually was good and performed on match days, he probably would still be there. Simple.

It's really easy for me to make a decision on whether to buy DriveClub or FH2.

One is a fantastic looking racing game made by developers who helped create PGR4 and Wipeout.

The other is on a console I don't have.

Some Korean girl wants to meet up with me to drink some tea. She thinks I am some English Oxford gentlemen, which I get a lot and annoys me to fuck. Usually I would just say I am Italian/ Irish so if she wants we can drink some beer or coffee, but she is quite hot so I might just play a long with it.

Some Korean girl wants to meet up with me to drink some tea. She thinks I am some English Oxford gentlemen, which I get a lot and annoys me to fuck. Usually I would just say I am Italian/ Irish so if she wants we can drink some beer or coffee, but she is quite hot so I might just play a long with it.

Does Bla know where you live? Lookout

I see that GAF is hyping DriveClub as the second coming already. Does this mean the reviews will be bad?

I hope not. I wouldn't mind playing a Racer.

Reviews will probably be ok. A metacritic of around 70%. To be honest though it looks like my kind of game so I'll be getting it anyway.

Edit: I hope EA makes a new Need For Speed Underground than experimenting with the formula.

Fuck, make it at Tokyo. Would be fantastic.

Polyphony are no doubt working on a new GT, but Sony don't want them to just release some HD version of GT6 to give that Drive Club shit some attention.

I think GT6 would have been remastered for this year if they hadnt delayed Driveclub by a whole year.

I don't really play racers that much, I like F1 games, got FM5 free with my Xbox One and as its on the hard drive its handy to play whilst I download or install stuff. Got FH2, its fun enough, looks good but the load times into races etc are doing my nut

I don't think Polyphony can pull off a remastered version of GT6 by this year. Naughty Dog barely made it with TLOU and it's so buggy at times.

Zabojnik

Of our midfielders, only Marchisio and Pereyra are in form at the moment. Pirlo is training with the ball now and in friendlies between ranks, so his return is probably not that far away. We could really do with having him back, though.

Our biggest problem is Caceres dislocated his soldier against Atletico Madrid. So, given that Allegri is almost certainly going to use 3-5-2 again, we have no reserve CBs. :/

Padoin can play anywhere, my friend. Also, what Yurt said.

Im done with Asians.

Damn. Did you break up with your chinese GF?

Blablurn

Reviews will probably be ok. A metacritic of around 70%. To be honest though it looks like my kind of game so I'll be getting it anyway.

Edit: I hope EA makes a new Need For Speed Underground than experimenting with the formula.

Fuck, make it at Tokyo. Would be fantastic.
An underground game in Tokyo? On ps4? Count me in.

Blablurn

Barca shouldnt be ashamed. Neymar is worth every cent. And its funny that Madrid fans make fun of it. Cause its well known that their club was in for it too lol.

Visca Barca.

But yeah. Lets just buy chicharito in exchange for building contracts in mexico lol.

GorillaJu

The quintessential Korean experience. What she won't tell you until you've boned a few times and the novelty dried up is that she has a Korean boyfriend/husband.

The quintessential Korean experience. What she won't tell you until you've boned a few times and the novelty dried up is that she has a Korean boyfriend/husband.

Man this has happened so much, well not the boning part. I must have met a dozen girls who I have gotten the number of and agreed to meet up, then add them on Kakao and they have pictures with their Army boyfriends. I don't want to be that guy, so just delete their number and move on.

Although, my experience is that once they have had western they can't go back to Korean for satisfaction at least.

bud23

.....ACCORDING TO FORWARD'S FATHER'S TESTIMONY.

And in other non Flopmar related news;

Neymar's father pocketed several million euros for his son's signing by acting as his agent (he receives 5% of his fixed salary and add-ons), a job which the witness also defended before the judge. He also admitted to judge Pablo Ruz that he received several million euros more for bringing the signing forward a few months, a transaction which was paid by means of a penalty clause for breach of contract to the sum of €40 million.

Shanks pls.

.....ACCORDING TO FORWARD'S FATHER'S TESTIMONY.

And in other non Flopmar related news;

Neymar's father pocketed several million euros for his son's signing by acting as his agent (he receives 5% of his fixed salary and add-ons), a job which the witness also defended before the judge. He also admitted to judge Pablo Ruz that he received several million euros more for bringing the signing forward a few months, a transaction which was paid by means of a penalty clause for breach of contract to the sum of €40 million.

Shanks pls.

So you don't believe him when he says real madrid offered 150, but then you bring up the other shit he admitted to. Seems like like you are in denial.

GorillaJu

Man this has happened so much, well not the boning part. I must have met a dozen girls who I have gotten the number of and agreed to meet up, then add them on Kakao and they have pictures with their Army boyfriends. I don't want to be that guy, so just delete their number and move on.

Although, my experience is that once they have had western they can't go back to Korean for satisfaction at least.

Never had an army guy in the background but had a ton of girls from that women's univ near Hongdae who had some enigmatic long term Korean bf (one girl was even married), basically they go out with you once, then it's radio silence, then a few weeks later you get a drunk booty call, you take a taxi to Hongdae sta. and find a DVD bang or a love hotel, bone then radio silence again. The next drunk booty call you get "oh I haven't been responding to your texts because I don't want my bf to find out about us". Like it was just obvious from the start and you should have known the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom