• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

Feel like Carragher going on about this Sterling contract situation is just exacerbating the situation if anything. It'd probably have been swept under the rug and quickly forgotten about if he hadn't decided to be so publicly furious about it.

Not that I mind, like. Send him to Real.

Arnie

Feel like Carragher going on about this Sterling contract situation is just exacerbating the situation if anything. It'd probably have been swept under the rug and quickly forgotten about if he hadn't decided to be so publicly furious about it.

Don't really get his argument, either.

Is he annoyed at Sterling's people or the Mail? What is he actually trying to communicate here, other than he's miffed?

I have no doubt that the Sterling contract will be resolved without much of a fuss. All just posturing over money, which is the lad's right given his current status. He will leave eventually, no doubts about that either. We'll take a chunk from Real and buy the next Southampton lemon squeezing through.

That's why I really want Rossiter to be good, because he's one of those that if he is you aren't soiling your kecks every summer.

Salazar

So on Friday morning, when I saw the back page of this newspaper, I was sent into a rage.

This is word perfect.

Don't really get his argument, either.

Is he annoyed at Sterling's people or the Mail? What is he actually trying to communicate here, other than he's miffed?

I have no doubt that the Sterling contract will be resolved without much of a fuss. All just posturing over money, which is the lad's right given his current status. He will leave eventually, no doubts about that either. We'll take a chunk from Real and buy the next Southampton lemon squeezing through.

That's why I really want Rossiter to be good, because he's one of those that if he is you aren't soiling your kecks every summer.

Yeah. When you buy a player at 16 from a team in the same country, you can't assume any amount of loyalty.

I wonder if with the increased coverage of foreign and especially Spanish football over the last decade or so, more English players will be willing to go abroad in the future

Sturridge is definitely out of the match today, right?

Also, Whiskey In The Jar is the best riff of all time. Fight me.

Wilbur

Banned
Alonso's a far better driver than Vettel, so they'll have to make a pretty good fucking car if they couldn't get wins with Alonso.

Salazar

Tiote multiple wives story :lol

The Sun reported that she was ‘comfortable’ with him being married but decided to call the relationship off because he ‘used me like a mop’.

xd31ALQ.jpg

Other way round, surely. She looks dominant.

Arnie

Yeah. When you buy a player at 16 from a team in the same country, you can't assume any amount of loyalty.

I wonder if with the increased coverage of foreign and especially Spanish football over the last decade or so, more English players will be willing to go abroad in the future

Sturridge is definitely out of the match today, right?

Also, Whiskey In The Jar is the best riff of all time. Fight me.
Aye, Real Madrid are just too "big".

Still wouldn't be arsed with em, me. Would rather stay at a decent Northern English club and slam a chips with gravy after the match. Potatas braves my arse.

Regarding your musical comment, I just love the bit in I Am The Resurrection when it all changes. Brilliant couple of songs rolled into one.
Alonso's a far better driver than Vettel, so they'll have to make a pretty good fucking car if they couldn't get wins with Alonso.
It's all about the car anyway.

I really don't understand this. Vettel has always shown he can do anything in a car, He is having one poor season and people want to write him off. People like to make out it was all about the car with his victories, but he was amazing at Torro Rosso too. Ferrari are getting Vettel in his peak years and I can't wait to see him.

Wilbur

Banned
Aye, Real Madrid are just too "big".

Still wouldn't be arsed with em, me. Would rather stay at a decent Northern English club and slam a chips with gravy after the match. Potatas braves my arse.

Regarding your musical comment, I just love the bit in I Am The Resurrection when it all changes. Brilliant couple of songs rolled into one.

It's all about the car anyway.

A lot of it is to do with the car, absolutely. But you place Hamilton and Grosjean in the same car and you'll obviously get difference performance levels. Hamilton's been better than Rosberg this year but been really unlucky in terms of the team fucking him over.

As for riffs, dunno if I have a favourite. Too many. Fuck it.

I really don't understand this. Vettel has always shown he can do anything in a car, He is having one poor season and people want to write him off. People like to make out it was all about the car with his victories, but he was amazing at Torro Rosso too. Ferrari are getting Vettel in his peak years and I can't wait to see him.

He is a good driver obviously, but Hamilton and Alonso are better.

Arnie

A lot of it is to do with the car, absolutely. But you place Hamilton and Grosjean in the same car and you'll obviously get difference performance levels. Hamilton's been better than Rosberg this year but been really unlucky in terms of the team fucking him over.

I agree, put the drivers in the same cars and you'll get different performance levels.

That was my point. F1 isn't that.

I hate the word 'riff'. It's so fucking wanky. Reminds me of my dad reminiscing about the 70s.

This is a good song.

GorillaJu

My GF watched me playing Bloodborne today, she was astounded by that game.
Damn I love her <3.

Anyway I don't mind playing CB, if we're full and like 8 people or so wanna play at the same time.
I'm prefer the midfield though :>

My gf freaked the f out. She was like "why can't you play the old game with the zombie dogs. I don't care about skeletons and zombies because somehow they're a little cute but this is too scary and way too bloody."

:lol

Poor morselchan

Nicktendo86

No, he has shown without a planted rear end he is nowhere. His fours championships will be a stain on the record books, he is ducking the fight with Rocciardo as he has been embarrassed and can blame the car next year when he looks shit.

Alonso and Vettel, i don't know about. I personally prefer Vettel and think Ferrari are gonna be getting his best years and he is already a four time world championship.

Hamiliton is nowhere near their class. Hamiliton is pure speed, but you take away the car and he has shown himself to be average. I hope he beats Rosberg because I can't stand that prick. Alonso has shown he is always decent and as I said with Vettel, he showed he was good even before Red Bull. He has been poor this season, but he has less experience with this type of car compared to Ricciardo.

No, he has shown without a planted rear end he is nowhere. His fours championships will be a stain on the record books, he is ducking the fight with Rocciardo as he has been embarrassed and can blame the car next year when he looks shit.

Yeah he is struggling, but he has the skill to learn from his mistakes and I think he will win more championships at Ferrari. It is easy to forget that Vettel has less experience with different car types than most of the other drivers. He had very little experience before becoming the Sauber test driver.

kharma45

Vettel is nothing without his on rails rocketship.

Pennywise

My gf freaked the f out. She was like "why can't you play the old game with the zombie dogs. I don't care about skeletons and zombies because somehow they're a little cute but this is too scary and way too bloody."

Poor morselchan
My GF was a little scared of the boss first, but well mainly she was praising the game.

"I love the atmosphere and that victorian setting, it looks really great."

"haha that guy with the shield is useless, kill him already."

"you're not gonna fight that big guy who is trying to rip the door apart ? "

"that dog prolly won't catch a ball, if you throw one."

Alonso and Vettel, i don't know about. I personally prefer Vettel and think Ferrari are gonna be getting his best years and he is already a four time world championship.

Hamiliton is nowhere near their class. Hamiliton is pure speed, but you take away the car and he has shown himself to be average. I hope he beats Rosberg because I can't stand that prick. Alonso has shown he is always decent and as I said with Vettel, he showed he was good even before Red Bull. He has been poor this season, but he has less experience with this type of car compared to Ricciardo.

Yeah he is struggling, but he has the skill to learn from his mistakes and I think he will win more championships at Ferrari. It is easy to forget that Vettel has less experience with different car types than most of the other drivers. He had very little experience before becoming the Sauber test driver.

Hamilton is probably the closest of all the drivers to Alonso - who is without doubt the best driver on the grid.

Of our midfielders, only Marchisio and Pereyra are in form at the moment. Pirlo is training with the ball now and in friendlies between ranks, so his return is probably not that far away. We could really do with having him back, though.

Our biggest problem is Caceres dislocated his soldier against Atletico Madrid. So, given that Allegri is almost certainly going to use 3-5-2 again, we have no reserve CBs. :/

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Of our midfielders, only Marchisio and Pereyra are in form at the moment. Pirlo is training with the ball now and in friendlies between ranks, so his return is probably not that far away. We could really do with having him back, though.

Our biggest problem is Caceres dislocated his soldier against Atletico Madrid. So, given that Allegri is almost certainly going to use 3-5-2 again, we have no reserve CBs. :/

Martin is fine apparently.

Salvadora

I
WHAT

WHY

(also yurt I might buy dark souls today: number 2 is 25 quid but I think I should get the first one but I can't find it anywhere!

For consoles but who cares about consoles, it's a Witcher game.
Here, Wilbs.
it looks like many gaffers are painting CDP as some magical dev studio with only the best of interests of the gamers in mind. Trust me they are not. The bullshitting with the Witcher 3 started from day 1. PR is creating an overblown vision of a game that doesn't exist while the team is in crazy crunch time for over a year now. There's some bad shit going on that if GAF knew GAF would not like.
Dunno Hixx.

This sounds like it applies to all versions.

Hamilton is probably the closest of all the drivers to Alonso - who is without doubt the best driver on the grid.

Go back and watch early Vettel. The guy did amazing things in an average car. Hamiliton has shown when he has the best car he is good, but when the car is not performing he is far to inconsistent.

The Vettel haters are ridiculous. I don't know what he has to do to show how good he is. Even Martin Brundle says that people say Vettel can't do something and he proves them wrong then they just look for something else to say about him. The guy comes across as a bit spoilt, but he is one of the greatest talents I have seen in over twenty years of watching it.

Put him in the same car as Hamiliton and he would beat him. Against Alonso it would be a toss up.

Wilbur

Banned
Go back and watch early Vettel. The guy did amazing things in an average car. Hamiliton has shown when he has the best car he is good, but when the car is not performing he is far to inconsistent.

The Vettel haters are ridiculous. I don't know what he has to do to show how good he is. Even Martin Brundle says that people say Vettel can't do something and he proves them wrong then they just look for something else to say about him. The guy comes across as a bit spoilt, but he is one of the greatest talents I have seen in over twenty years of watching it.

Put him in the same car as Hamiliton and he would beat him. Against Alonso it would be a toss up.

He can't beat Ricciardo in a better car.

Arnie

CDPR are in a brilliant position to hoodwink their audience because they've got a legion of those overly-fanatical PC GAMERS to just spool along with a few fancy graphical effects and the promise of virtual boobies.

For what it's worth I loved The Witcher 2 but know nothing about the studio beyond that. If The Witcher 3 is as good I'll be happy. Don't need to skin whales at sea or trot across the entire map taking in all the ambient bullshit.

I do enough aimless walking around in my day to day. Just let me stab things. Not arsed about low-poly grass, either.

Wilbur

Banned
CDPR are in a brilliant position to hoodwink their audience because they've got a legion of those overly-fanatical PC GAMERS to just spool along with a few fancy graphical effects and the promise of virtual boobies.

For what it's worth I loved The Witcher 2 but know nothing about the studio beyond that. If The Witcher 3 is as good I'll be happy. Don't need to skin whales at sea or trot across the entire map taking in all the ambient bullshit.

I do enough aimless walking around in my day to day. Just let me stab things. Not arsed about low-poly grass, either.

it's like reading one of my own posts <3

Hixx

Here, Wilbs.

Dunno Hixx.

This sounds like it applies to all versions.

He said not to pre-order on consoles. Pls understand.

Also anyone who thought Witcher 3 was going to be as huge and dense as they have been saying... I've got some enlargement pills I can sell you. Only a fiver as well. Please be excited.

Im not hating Vettell. I just think Hamilton is a quicker driver than him.

Sorry for offending your new boy.

Phlebas

Banned
Getting a filling replaced today. Down for some clubs later in the afternoon though PS4 bros.

I want to see the new and improved Dean in action.

Im not hating Vettell. I just think Hamilton is a quicker driver than him.

Sorry for offending your new boy.

Hamiliton has great raw speed, but he has been very bad on his tires over the years and is not the most controlled driver. Same with someone like Kimi, probably the fastest man in the sport, but he lacks control and consistency.

I think had he been more controlled he could of have another two championships at McClaren.

I also want him to beat Rosberg.

Not sure if I'll finish Shadows of Mordor. I'm enjoying bits and parts of it, but it's so dreary and ugly that I lose interest fast.

Not to mention that everything wants to kill you that it's hard to just let the game sink in.

I was wondering yesterday how many black coaches were going for licenses and it turns out the number is 18%. So there clearly is a huge problem if there are only 2 black coaches out of 92 clubs in England.

Whenever I see interviews with retiring white players, one of the questions is always will you get into coaching, and I rarely seem to see this question asked to black players. At least from my own experience of interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom