• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiroshawn

Banned
ijJZIA2yZfsh1.gif

the best thing about this is he scored at the other end. legend.

Whoever laughs last laughs the best.

hiroshawn

Banned
Parlay (6 picks)Draw +220
Sunderland vs. Stoke CityDraw +325
AC Milan vs. ChievoDraw +240
Eibar vs. LevanteDraw +240
Malaga vs. Granada CFDraw +220
Bastia vs. LorientDraw +240
Werder Bremen vs. Freiburg
Risk US$ 1.00
To WinUS$ 1709.5

HxH is finished :(

Man I love HxH. I watched the final four episodes yesterday and they were so good. Then I went to see about getting into the anime and saw it is on a break. I really hope he gets better soon, because I need HxH in my life.

As for Ade, I have no real hatred for him. He never was an Arsenal fan, never claimed to be and sure he went where the money was.

Almost all players are following the money. Would Ronaldo have gone to Madrid if they were offering him 40k a month? Hell no.

Blablurn

Just finished the new Pep book. Some thoughts:

- I always had the feeling that Pep doesn't really like it here. He didn't seem very happy when I saw him on TV. But I was wrong. The book said that Pep really enjoyed the fact that he was just a coach at Bayern. Unlike his Barca times he didn't need to be face of the club. And he enjoyed the fact that the Bayern bosses always supported him. For example when Mourinho critisized him. Then it was Rummenigge and Sammer who went for the counter attack.
- The author said that Pep really changed in Bayern. One example: After winning the league in Berlin Pep did not only join the player to party with them... but he also danced on the stage. For the first time ever. He didn't do that ever. Not in Barca, not in private parties.
- Regarding the defear against Madrid: That was Peps fault. He took all the blame because he tried something new. He went for an all out offense strategy. A 4-2-4. The players asked him to play freely. To just play offensive. And instead of going for a normal midfield (as usual) he went for the 4-2-4, basically betraying himself.
- Considering the fact that we had so many injuries it's a wonder that we made it so far. And even if you look at the current season you see that Pep still has to deal with a huge amount of injuries. He's really unlucky in that regard.
- Thiagos injuries were the worst. Pep bought him to be the midfield leader. And he will definitely become it once he's back.
- Even in the first season Pep already thought about going for the 3-6-1 strategy. And now in 2014/2015 we actually see him doing that.

Just finished the new Pep book. Some thoughts:

- I always had the feeling that Pep doesn't really like it here. He didn't seem very happy when I saw him on TV. But I was wrong. The book said that Pep really enjoyed the fact that he was just a coach at Bayern. Unlike his Barca times he didn't need to be face of the club. And he enjoyed the fact that the Bayern bosses always supported him. For example when Mourinho critisized him. Then it was Rummenigge and Sammer who went for the counter attack.
- The author said that Pep really changed in Bayern. One example: After winning the league in Berlin Pep did not only join the player to party with them... but he also danced on the stage. For the first time ever. He didn't do that ever. Not in Barca, not in private parties.
- Regarding the defear against Madrid: That was Peps fault. He took all the blame because he tried something new. He went for an all out offense strategy. A 4-2-4. The players asked him to play freely. To just play offensive. And instead of going for a normal midfield (as usual) he went for the 4-2-4, basically betraying himself.
- Considering the fact that we had so many injuries it's a wonder that we made it so far. And even if you look at the current season you see that Pep still has to deal with a huge amount of injuries. He's really unlucky in that regard.
- Thiagos injuries were the worst. Pep bought him to be the midfield leader. And he will definitely become it once he's back.
- Even in the first season Pep already thought about going for the 3-6-1 strategy. And now in 2014/2015 we actually see him doing that.

I think Pep's an incredible manager. I don't always agree with his decisions but they're never Van Gaal-wtf level. You always know what he's going for and what he's trying to do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

FootballFan

psqFOj3.gif

Blablurn

I think Pep's an incredible manager. I don't always agree with his decisions but they're never Van Gaal-wtf level. You always know what he's going for and what he's trying to do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Yep. That's what he said in the book too. You can lose but you should always give everything. In Pep's case that means running. If the team ran it doesn't matter if they win or lose.

And one thing.

Pep hates Tiki-Taka. For pep Tiki-Taka is just passing the ball around without any intention. He told the players that Tiki-Taka is shit and that they shouldn't believe what the media is saying. Pep's gameplan is way more than just passing.

There is one funny part though. Before the Arsenal match at the Emirates he told his team to actually use Tiki-Taka for 10 minutes. He said: "I know Tiki Taka is shit. But we need to control Arsenal in the first minutes, so they lose the motivation to play"

Ironically the team couldn't execute that plan lol. Arsenal were pretty dominant in the first 10 minutes. And they even had the chances to score. Later he put Lahm back into the midfield and put Rafinha on.

Pep was overwhelmed because of Lahm midfield skills. And there is an interview with Lahm's agent who said: Pep was actually the first coach who put Lahm on the right position. I always knew he could play there (Lahms agent used to be a bayern youth coach who also trained lahm when he was young).

Blablurn

It's kinda crazy that Rafinha became so important for our team. Almost no games under Jupp. And then a starter under Pep lol. Who expected that?

Pep also loves Pierre-Emile. But I'm not sure if he will be a starter for our team. Even Hojbjerg said that he might leave Bayern in the end. But he learned more in the year under Pep than ever before.

Same goes for Boateng. He told Pep that he didn't know anything about defending. He thought he just had the natural born skills lol. No one ever trained him the defense fundamentals. But Pep took care of it. This also explains how Boateng suddenly became the world's best defender. He plays so much better compared to 1, 2 years ago.

Zabojnik

Okay Shanks, this has to stop now.

Barzagli's recovery isn't going very well. Another setback. :( I guess after three nearly perfect seasons from him something had to give, sigh. Guess we'll try again for Luisao or some other low cost CB in January. On the other hand I'm happy for Caceres, who will get to play a lot more this year.

Blablurn

Me too

My joy of watching Robben outweighs my desire for Bayern to fail. Just about :p

Only realised last night that we won't get to welcome Alonso back to Anfield cos he moved to you :(

We will take care of Alonso. To be honest, I didn't know he was THAT GOOD. From the first game on, he became the leader of our midfield. As if he always played for Bayern. It's unbelieavable.

Hitcher, at least you can have the joy of watching Alonso and Bayern knock Arsenal out in the 2nd round.

At least you'll have the joy of getting to the second round, while we and Ludogorets fight tooth and nail for a fucking Europa League spot

I know it sounds stupid, but even aside from his ability, it's just great having someone as classy as Alonso at your club. My favourite current player in the world outside of Liverpool players.

WJD

It's Fincher day!

Also got into a bump on a roundabout last night (someone rammed my arse) but luckily there's not a scratch on my car or me. Renault Clio got a big booty protecting it.

Oh God. Vettel is going to Ferrari and Alonso is leaving.

Thats a downgrade.

I am over the moon. I have never liked Alonso and his lack of respect for the team at times infuriated me and turned me away from watching for a lot of this season. Sure the team should have won him a championship, but Ferrari is bigger than anyone. Schumacher never criticised the team during his first four years and was rewarded with greatest five years in our history.

Clegg

I am over the moon. I have never liked Alonso and his lack of respect for the team at times infuriated me and turned me away from watching for a lot of this season. Sure the team should have won him a championship, but Ferrari is bigger than anyone. Schumacher never criticised the team during his first four years and was rewarded with greatest five years in our history.
Ferrari deserves all the shit they've been getting. The car is a mess and has fallen well behind its rivals. They brought in possibly the best driver on the circuit and told him to make do. Brand name or history shouldn't excuse the shambles Ferrari has become.

Ferrari deserves all the shit they've been getting. The car is a mess and has fallen well behind its rivals. They brought in possibly the best driver on the circuit and told him to make do. Brand name or history shouldn't excuse the shambles Ferrari has become.

Ferrari have gone through some hard years, the wind tunnel shenanigans were an embarrassment and inexcusable. What is not required is for Alonso to go moaning and criticising the team. The guy is not classy and the behaviour is exactly what I would have expected.

I look forward to us getting back on track and hopefully giving Vettel the car he needs to tear up F1 again.

Arnie

I'd love to get into F1 but I just find it all a bit technical.

The sort of technical that makes you want a shower.

Like nuts and bolts and shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal finally says something :lol
Vidal "The truth is I was relaxed and calm this summer, focusing only on my knee. I never once asked my agent or Juventus if something was happening.

“I have a pact with my agent: if there is something concrete, then he alerts me. He did not alert me.

“I don’t know exactly what happened during the summer, but I doubt it was anything truly important, otherwise he would’ve warned me.”

If Manchester United had made a firm offer, what would Vidal have replied?

“I really don’t know... I can only say that I am happy in Turin. I am happy, my wife loves Turin, Alonsito and the little one are happy here.

“My family’s happiness is more important than money or anything else. At Juventus I am happy, it is my home. It’s always tough to leave your home, isn’t it?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom