• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

It lets Yaya actually play striker or attacking midfield like he wants.

It's always about that. I'm confident a 2-man-midfield COULD work with someone like Fernando and Fernandinho, or Milner with his work rate. But not anymore with Yaya.

Problem with Yaya as attacking midfield is that he takes so few runs. If Aguero ís marked, who should Yaya then pass to? Hoping that Milner or Silva make runs then.

Wilbur

Banned
Silva is such an odd player.

Genuinely brilliant. Genuinely a wonderful player, but his end product is lacking, certainly in terms of goals (not sure what his assist record is).

Good subs by Lambert.

Blablurn

dortmund-hamburg-05.jpg

Meier

Why is Yaya not taking those balls from Silva and making a run forward? Come on, they gave him loads of space.

NOOOOOO! I thought that was going in for sure. Right at Guzan though.

At some point they should stop praising Silva for finding space so often, and look at why Villa are letting him play between the lines and not getting one of their midfield closer to him.

He's not exactly a difficult player to man mark.

Wilbur

Banned
At some point they should stop praising Silva for finding space so often, and look at why Villa are letting him play between the lines and not getting one of their midfield closer to him.

He's not exactly a difficult player to man mark.

Villa clearly deciding to keep shape instead though, it's a conscious decision innit

Did a wonderful job m8s, but at some point City had it in the bag before letting it go up for grabs.

Disagree tbh, you can't legislate for another team going on a massively unexpected 11-game winning run to put themselves in the running. City's results were pretty consistent across the season iirc, aside from the away point they dropped in the first 6 weeks or so.

Meier

Look at that. Yaya actually made a move in towards the box and it helped! Imagine him not being stationary, a novel concept.

jts

...hate me...
Disagree tbh, you can't legislate for another team going on a massively unexpected 11-game winning run to put themselves in the running. City's results were pretty consistent across the season iirc, aside from the away point they dropped in the first 6 weeks or so.
Well that's not what my fuzzy memory tells me and I'll stick to my version when I tell the tale to my grandsons.

j/k m8.

Hixx

City ain't scoring here. Had too many good chances, just one of those nights.

Fucking Villa.

GET THE FUCK IN YAYA

I AM SO HAPPY TO BE WRONG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom