• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you want? I'd like Klopp personally. Young, an eye for talent, and has experience coaching a team with enough financial power to buy and raise some great players, but not enough to keep them

jxSt6Fq0oY9tL.png

Guardiola would be the dream appointment. For me anyway.

Got a feeling Roberto Martinez will get it.

Dude listen to yourself Jenkinson can't defend. Against bottom half players he struggled to contain or have any positional discipline. All he could do was run up the touchline put in a cross (the only thing he was good at) and hope for the best. Hazard would have butchered Jenkinson sideways and have him sent off before half time.

Chambers is just much better. Still much to learn but much more mature, got the managers trust, and defensively I find him quite good. He won't face players Hazard's quality every week.

If they were rash yellow cards I would be worried but they are really not. He is getting petty yellow cards, they will go in time. Would be good though if he can stop getting them in the first half all the time.

Jenkinso is not a natural defender but with the limited game time he has had he has improved over the last two years and shows much more composure. Gibbs was also a fuckin shit defender when he first came through but improved over time.

You need to stop with this over the top love of Chambers. He is young and will improve, but at the moment he has shown me absolutely nothing to show that he is a RB. You can't get yourself stupid yellow cards and then just spent the rest of the game standing off attackers. He was a huge liability yesterday and we should be thankful that it was a limp Chelsea attack yesterday because he could have been torn to pieces of Chelsea were alive. As for Hazard having Jenkinson sent off, well Chambers should have been sent off before half time. It was a clear second yellow that was caused by him trying to hard and making a silly foul in a dangerous position.

He also has shown nothing going forward that has impressed me yet. I can't remember if I have seen him cross the ball. Only a couple of shots.

tri_willy

Benzema was born offside

he is the true disciple of inzaghi, off to milan next season lol

Cesc on 7 assists already this season.

We turned him down because "we didn't need him because we have Ozil" with his 1 assist so far.

Chelsea going to win the league by 10+ points and have the potential to go unbeaten, Cesc and Costa being the last pieces of the puzzle Mourinho needed.

Still angry as hell. I can't believe an amateur like me could see this coming and Arsene couldn't. You don't say no to Cesc Fabregas!! :/

to be fair, arsenal's medical staff will probably get him injured again :p

Lightning

Banned
Jenkinso is not a natural defender but with the limited game time he has had he has improved over the last two years and shows much more composure. Gibbs was also a fuckin shit defender when he first came through but improved over time.

You need to stop with this over the top love of Chambers. He is young and will improve, but at the moment he has shown me absolutely nothing to show that he is a RB. You can't get yourself stupid yellow cards and then just spent the rest of the game standing off attackers. He was a huge liability yesterday and we should be thankful that it was a limp Chelsea attack yesterday because he could have been torn to pieces of Chelsea were alive. As for Hazard having Jenkinson sent off, well Chambers should have been sent off before half time. It was a clear second yellow that was caused by him trying to hard and making a silly foul in a dangerous position.

He also has shown nothing going forward that has impressed me yet. I can't remember if I have seen him cross the ball. Only a couple of shots.
Chambers first yellow in the game against Chelsea was soft, he didn't deserve it.

It is not a Chambers love in, it's an understanding on Chambers talent and ability. Chambers was getting games even when everyone was fit. This player has talent, not the complete article yet, but he will be a great player for us. He has all the traits to succeed and with game time he will only become better. One of the best talented teenage defending talents we could have gotten.

We can't lay into him after every bad game though. He wasn't perfect against Chelsea but he was far from the abysmal mess you are attempting to make him out to be.

The best thing about Chambers is he puts everything he has into it. As long he he develops and there's nothing to suggest he wont then we can't complain.

Cesc on 7 assists already this season.

We turned him down because "we didn't need him because we have Ozil" with his 1 assist so far.

Chelsea going to win the league by 10+ points and have the potential to go unbeaten, Cesc and Costa being the last pieces of the puzzle Mourinho needed.

Still angry as hell. I can't believe an amateur like me could see this coming and Arsene couldn't. You don't say no to Cesc Fabregas!! :/
There is a massive problem at Arsenal football club if with Wilshere, Ozil, Ramsey and Cazorla you still need the through balls of Cesc. Fabregas at current Arsenal wouldn't be as effective anyway due to our strikers not scoring consistently. You take out Matic from Chelsea, put Flamini there, take out Hazard and put Cazorla, take out Costa and put Giroud and see how many assists Cesc will have. They will go tumbling down and then to throw a spanner into it Wenger says lets see some of that blinding Fab pace on the wing! Top player you can DO IT!

Problem is Arsenal is not creativity. The problem is we have NO ONE who can control the midfield. Viera/Petit combo remember though days where no one liked our midfield? That's our problem. You need to get over Fabregas, he wouldn't have changed anything.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
talisca-golacoapuw2.gif

6 goals in 7 games, and I was badmouthing him all pre-season >_>

faridmon

Guardiola would be the dream appointment. For me anyway.

Got a feeling Roberto Martinez will get it.

Nope!

We now have a cat her name is Wilma and every time I call her name Wilbur comes in to my mind.

Signs of you spending too much time on Footy-GAF. Go out, have fun, drink, read a book, watch a movie, listen to Lillies and Remains, have a wank, eat savouries, chat up some girls, jog, wank, repeat ad infinitum

Live a life man!

Hindle

Banned
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd/Liverpool
5. Liverpool/Man Utd
6. Southampton/lolspurs
7. lolspurs/Southampton

Why are most of your lads afraid to shoot? ¬_¬

There's just so many variables, like will Liverpool gain consistency, can United continue to improve, Spurs are getting better, how long can Southampton perfrm at this level etc.

The only two guaranteed places are Chelsea and City for no 1 and 2.

There is a massive problem at Arsenal football club if with Wilshere, Ozil, Ramsey and Cazorla you still need the through balls of Cesc. Fabregas at current Arsenal wouldn't be as effective anyway due to our strikers not scoring consistently. You take out Matic from Chelsea, put Flamini there, take out Hazard and put Cazorla, take out Costa and put Giroud and see how many assists Cesc will have. They will go tumbling down and then to throw a spanner into it Wenger says lets see some of that blinding Fab pace on the wing! Top player you can DO IT!

Problem is Arsenal is not creativity. The problem is we have NO ONE who can control the midfield. Viera/Petit combo remember though days where no one liked our midfield? That's our problem. You need to get over Fabregas, he wouldn't have changed anything.

No Lightning your problem absolutely is creativity, you're just coming at it from the wrong direction. You don't have smart runners complimenting your passers. You have a group of attackers facing each other asking for it to be played in to feet. It's so easy to defend against. Welbeck for all his pace too often seems reluctant to use it properly and stretch play. Too many chefs etc.

Lightning

Banned
No Lightning your problem absolutely is creativity, you're just coming at it from the wrong direction. You don't have smart runners complimenting your passers. You have a group of attackers facing each other asking for it to be played in to feet. It's so easy to defend against. Welbeck for all his pace too often seems reluctant to use it properly and stretch play. Too many chefs etc.
Point stays the same though, no? Adding Cesc makes that issue especially worse.

True, in a lot of ways I'm wondering what's happening with you pace outlets. You have them but they're rarely attempting to stretch play. Idk if that's them or Wenger's instructions but it doesn't work either way.

3Sixty

We were pretty poor yesterday but still could have easily grabbed a point. Think that's reasureing got some easier games coming up so should get back on track.

Hope everyone returns from International duty injury free.

Salazar

Aye.

Welbeck should be functioning as what sociologists call a weak tie, innit

But he's been lobotomised into the system. Into the croquembouche of faff.

Guardiola isn't coming to the PL to manage Arsenal you jokers.

If he's coming he is going to a team with a shit tonne of money and an already brilliant squad.

Guardiola isn't coming to the PL to manage Arsenal you jokers.

If he's coming he is going to a team with a shit tonne of money and an already brilliant squad.

So Chelsea or Man City. Won't be Chelsea so Man City after they lose the title to city, get dumped out of CL and Pelligreni is fired.

I don't want him at United

Not sure who I want after LVG leaves, he doesn't have the track record of staying in the same job for a long time...

So Chelsea or Man City. Won't be Chelsea so Man City after they lose the title to city, get dumped out of CL and Pelligreni is fired.

I don't want him at United

Not sure who I want after LVG leaves, he doesn't have the track record of staying in the same job for a long time...
It doesn't matter who you want.

It's going to be Giggs.

shiroryu

Exactly. We don't lack a Cesc, we lack a Costa. It's too much to ask of Welbeck to go up against Chelsea centrebacks and make an impact all by his own.

Also agree with Laboured that Wenger tends to chain down his forwards somehow, that he expects them to always hold up possession while our midfield makes its way up instead of going for goal themselves. Against a team like Chelsea that specializes in transitions, you're never going to catch them napping that way. Possession-based play makes sense if you're Pep's Barca with the best movers-and-passers and can unlock defences (even then you need referees to cooperate and give you fouls, which PL referees don't).

Let's see what happens when Walcott is back in. Can't expect him to hit the ground running.

I still think Arsenal would do a lot better against the better teams if they didn't try to dominate the game.

Sit back and break with Sanchez, Özil and Welbeck.

They need space. Arsenal were facing a better more organised team but they didn't seem to care.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

shiroryu

I still think Arsenal would do a lot better against the better teams if they didn't try to dominate the game.

Sit back and break with Sanchez, Özil and Welbeck.

They need space. Arsenal were facing a better more organised team but they didn't seem to care.

Wenger doesn't have a plan B for other big teams away. He's like Pellegrini in that aspect, always looking to play, except that City has better strikers and a pacier midfield and so look genuinely threatening on the counter against the other big sides.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea game was hilarious yesterday, Wenger actually looked pretty imposing during the squabble. For a second Mou looked terrified.

Clegg

I'm looking at highlights of the Chelsea/Arsenal game. Chambers is getting done again and again. Shouldn't be playing in these games. Think the commentator said its his 6th yellow in his Arsenal career. He's nowhere near ready.

We haven’t scored a goal in the last half an hour of any of our matches so far.

During that period we’ve conceded 8.

Genius please your subs for Holland were so good ;_;

When Arsene retires, I would just like to see us go for a tactically-aware manager, someone who can adapt and change tactics as he sees fit. Wenger just plays the same way every game, it might work against the smaller teams in the league, but defenitely not against the big teams.

It's so frustrating :(

GorillaJu

When Arsene retires, I would just like to see us go for a tactically-aware manager, someone who can adapt and change tactics as he sees fit. Wenger just plays the same way every game, it might work against the smaller teams in the league, but defenitely not against the big teams.

Lambert seems to be really good at this.

KidJr

Lightning, I couldnt agree with you more this week.

All this match did was highlight the difference between balance of teams. Tbh neither teamed wanted to commit too many men forward (despite his goal Costa was quiet as was welbeck). It was more of a game of Chess, I thought we defended really really well at times, it wasnt until later in the game space started opening up for Cesc (when we had to chase the game more) but Chelsea are just a better balanced team the transition from attack to defence so much better than we do at the moment (when in fact we should be DESTROYING teams on the counter).

Ozil Ozil Ozil I dont know what to do or say about this guy, I'm really NOT happy, I'm not even bothered about effort he is perceived to be showing (I dont think you need to run around like a headless chicken to prove you care) but he needs to up it, touch pass, dribbling, it all needs to get alot better. I'm not gunna slate him, (last player I did that too was Ramsey and well look how that turned out) but I need so much more from him right now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
International break. No. Please. God. No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
but this is good! Can you imagine losing like that and then being forced to wait for weeks till you play again? Dat bottled up hate
Lambert seems to be really good at this.

ODD! SAY SOMETHING COOL/NEW ABOUT BLOODBORNE

tumblr_nczxmuofc21r0vvt6o7_250.gif

you're slowly but surely losing your identity, RIP Junited. In the social jungle of human existence, there is no feeling of being alive without a sense of identity.

'Those who really apply themselves in the right way to philosophy are directly and of their own accord preparing themselves for dying and death' -- Socrates

A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist. Sell everyone, and close your eyes, Viva.

scently

During that period we’ve conceded 8.

Genius please your subs for Holland were so good ;_;

Hmm. Interesting statistics that. That's where our problem lies. We start to buckle around those times. The midfield and in turn the defence get put under pressure around those times too. Hopefully Carrick coming back can help shore up and provide the calm needed to control the game at those times.

Salazar

I'm looking at highlights of the Chelsea/Arsenal game. Chambers is getting done again and again. Shouldn't be playing in these games. Think the commentator said its his 6th yellow in his Arsenal career. He's nowhere near ready.

Snodgrass would merk him into retirement

Hmm. Interesting statistics that. That's where our problem lies. We start to buckle around those times. The midfield and in turn the defence get put under pressure around those times too. Hopefully Carrick coming back can help shore up and provide the calm needed to control the game at those times.

Dave was telling em to push up but the reaction seemed to be "nah, we don't wanna get stretched. Stay compact, stay safe innit"

I'm not asking for over-confident midfield triangles in the 80th minute. Just push up.

sohois

Seems a bit of a redundant statement. Are there any fans, not just of Arsenal, who hope that their next manager is going to be tactically inept?

KidJr

I think for people who say Chambers is awful, either I being really niave or do not have a an understanding of football. Chambers is playing 3/4 years ahead of where he should be, he doesnt have the recovery pace of a gibbs etc.

Trust me guys Chamber is a very very god defender. He will get exposed (as many right backs would playing against Hazard) and at 19 will make errors, but I'd rather him get these out his system now and see where he can go over the next three years (it takes a lot longer to become a good defender rather than good forward player)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom