• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Seems a bit of a redundant statement. Are there any fans, not just of Arsenal, who hope that their next manager is going to be tactically inept?

FW just wants a pragmatist. Wenger's tactical insight is fucking substantial, but there is no excuse for his half-time talk not featuring the words

your
shoot
balls
I
or
will
rip
fucking
off
Wilshere

in some or other order

Lightning

Banned
I'm looking at highlights of the Chelsea/Arsenal game. Chambers is getting done again and again. Shouldn't be playing in these games. Think the commentator said its his 6th yellow in his Arsenal career. He's nowhere near ready.
Hazard probably the best player in the league on that side of the field. Keep things in perspective and not go overboard. Players need to experience these sorts of games in order to improve. We now play teams who are not in the top 7 so we'll see how he goes against them and gain even more experience and tactical awareness.

I don't think he was that bad. His yellow card against Spurs was a joke. I commented on the card thing earlier if they were dangerous tackles I would be worried but he is just picking up niggly cards, with experience that will stop. I'm impressed with his performances so far, been asked to come in at a young age with hardly any protection in the pressures of playing for Arsenal where every little thing is microscoped is hard. He should be left alone, coached in the background and allowed to play his football.

Salazar

JN4WScb.png

you're slowly but surely losing your identity, RIP Junited. In the social jungle of human existence, there is no feeling of being alive without a sense of identity.

'Those who really apply themselves in the right way to philosophy are directly and of their own accord preparing themselves for dying and death' -- Socrates

A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist. Sell everyone, and close your eyes, Viva.

Pls it's Monday morning all I wanna do is sleep I had a coffee like an hour ago and my body is telling me to have another one or crawl under my desk and curl up.

Hmm. Interesting statistics that. That's where our problem lies. We start to buckle around those times. The midfield and in turn the defence get put under pressure around those times too. Hopefully Carrick coming back can help shore up and provide the calm needed to control the game at those times.

Yeah I think Carrick is going to be a big help when he's back, assuming he is the good Carrick - which is a bit of an assumption tbf. But he's spent the most part of the past 5 years playing more or less on his lonesome so I hope the new players reawaken him.

Watching yesterday's game back I think Van Gaal made a mistake with his subs and I think it's one he's been making more or less every game. He took Valencia off for Fellaini. This only made matters worse, Valencia for all his faults is an outlet. Sure he ends up going nowhere but he freaking goes. Fellaini just...he's a sponge, without any soaking effect. I dunno what you call that. A dirty old rag.

We've been taking Di Maria off too and same thing has been happening. I think we need to be better further up the field late on in games - but for sure part of that is pushing up and showing some composure instead of just hoofing it up there.

Hazard probably the best player in the league on that side of the field. Keep things in perspective and not go overboard. Players need to experience these sorts of games in order to improve. We now play teams who are not in the top 7 so we'll see how he goes against them and gain even more experience and tactical awareness.

I don't think he was that bad. His yellow card against Spurs was a joke. I commented on the card thing earlier if they were dangerous tackles I would be worried but he is just picking up niggly cards, with experience that will stop. I'm impressed with his performances so far, been asked to come in at a young age with hardly any protection in the pressures of playing for Arsenal where every little thing is microscoped is hard. He should be left alone, coached in the background and allowed to play his football.

Mary pls.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll never get why Silva is rated so highly..

because of his first 6 months? Because he was one of City's first 'big' signings? His rat face? He's a Spanish midfielder?

International break
No BVB matches for two weeks
Reus, Micky, Kuba and Gündogan (!) back for the next match

what a time to be alive
tumblr_ncfdauOPqH1qaorn7o1_400.gif

tumblr_nc0jolw2mA1qaorn7o2_r1_400.gif
tumblr_n9wosaJQMw1qaorn7o1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_ncsdu9X0pN1qaorn7o1_r2_500.gif

Chambers is suspended for the Hull game?

So if Bosscielny or Mertesacker get injured on international duty...who do Arsenal have to play CB?

because of his first 6 months? Because he was one of City's first 'big' signings? His rat face? He's a Spanish midfielder?

Sometimes I think that but then I see him play and he's just wonderful. He floats. It's just a shame his shooting is so utterly pathetic or he'd be incredible.

Lightning

Banned
Chambers is suspended for the Hull game?

So if Bosscielny or Mertesacker get injured on international duty...who do Arsenal have to play CB?

Sometimes I think that but then I see him play and he's just wonderful. He floats. It's just a shame his shooting is so utterly pathetic or he'd be incredible.
Mertesacker don't play international football anymore and hopefully Koscielny is on the bench for France. Otherwise it's either Hayden or Monreal at cb for the Hull game.

Good news that Wenger won't be getting a touchline ban from the FA for pushing Mourinho.

Mertesacker don't play international football anymore and hopefully Koscielny is on the bench for France. Otherwise it's either Hayden or Monreal at cb for the Hull game.

Good news that Wenger won't be getting a touchline ban from the FA for pushing Mourinho.

I was going to reply to your Chambers comments, but I know we will just be going back and forth. I hope he does turn into a world class player, whatever his future main position is.

Also how is that good news? it is not like Wenger does anything on the touchline except argue with other managers. :p

3Sixty

I'm looking at highlights of the Chelsea/Arsenal game. Chambers is getting done again and again. Shouldn't be playing in these games. Think the commentator said its his 6th yellow in his Arsenal career. He's nowhere near ready.

16m and we kept Nathaniel Clyne.

Les Reed bringing the fire.

L1NETT

Lightnining is right to an extent. Chambers is a good young defender. Should arsenal have a more experienced player at right back? Yeah, they do but sadly he's injured. Probably should have a back up centre back but meh

But the more important point, one which I can only put down to Arsene's faith for poor old Abou Diaby is the lack of a replacement for Silva. Was meant to be Song but he had the positional sense of a bed ridden sloth.

You cannot go into playing a team like Chelsea, a fantastically organised team with big lads in there without a holder. You can have every tricky ball player under the sun but you need a big fucker to sit in front of the back four and hoover up.

We all know from playing the game how useful it is to have a lump just sit there and tidy up for your team.

And as for folk who slag off Schurlle and Oscar, both their performances yesterday for outstanding. The work effort they put in is incredible. You have got to give it to Mourinho. It's fucking tedious football but good lord it is impossible to play against. Add in that sprinkling of quality in the final third with Cesc and Costa and wowza. That's a football team

Lightnining is right to an extent. Chambers is a good young defender. Should arsenal have a more experienced player at right back? Yeah, they do but sadly he's injured. Probably should have a back up centre back but meh

But the more important point, one which I can only put down to Arsene's faith for poor old Abou Diaby is the lack of a replacement for Silva. Was meant to be Song but he had the positional sense of a bed ridden sloth.

You cannot go into playing a team like Chelsea, a fantastically organised team with big lads in there without a holder. You can have every tricky ball player under the sun but you need a big fucker to sit in front of the back four and hoover up.

We all know from playing the game how useful it is to have a lump just sit there and tidy up for your team.

And as for folk who slag off Schurlle and Oscar, both their performances yesterday for outstanding. The work effort they put in is incredible. You have got to give it to Mourinho. It's fucking tedious football but good lord it is impossible to play against. Add in that sprinkling of quality in the final third with Cesc and Costa and wowza. That's a football team

YES YES YES

Wenger's treatment of him was terrible. Made his little French mate Gallas captain and then got rid of him. Gilberto should have been there to offer the experience to the younger players and to still be useful in our bigger games. Getting rid of him was the reall turning point in our affairs

scently

Silva, for me, is the best No10 in the league. He is just delightful to watch when he is on song. What he doesn't have in pace he make up for with the ability to dribble. He is slight but you can't easily dispossess him, he drives with the ball into the box thereby creating space for others. His only criticism is that he doesn't finish well. In terms of assist since he came to the league, he is either first or second.

Tc91

Guardiola isn't coming to the PL to manage Arsenal you jokers.

If he's coming he is going to a team with a shit tonne of money and an already brilliant squad.

Txiki and Soriano will try their hardest to get him at City that's for sure. Back to Barca is a possibility no?

Who are we kidding he's loving it in the Bundeslolga it's so easy for him.

Cause he's the best #10 in the league by a fucking mile.

Fintan

Yup. Oscar has gotten back to near his best after having a disappointing few months (although I put that down to the huge number of games he's played over the last few years.) Schurrle put in a much better defensive performance too. Only disappointing thing with him was a few misplaced passes.

3Sixty

Ahhh I love the nice winter evenings.

Nice and cold, tucked up in bed, entangled limbs with some bird.

Mornings though.... Fuck.

GorillaJu

Driveclub clubs are limited to 6 players. Serie A teams have more players on the bench. Pls

I'm totally down with this. The methodology for many games is to get people in as large of social circles as possible, but with the way people are commonly involved with those they've never actually met, it's like you're in big globs of random faces.

It's something I like about Destiny with the 3-man squad limit. Being in a tight knit group with people I actually know is so much better than feeling the need to fill up slots with people I don't really want around.

3Sixty

I know its the ultimate hipster league but I've been enjoying the fuck out of the Eredivise since its been on sky.

Not watched as much as Id like but every game has been full of exciting attacking football. Refs seem pretty good for the most part too.

Count me in as a Feyernoord bro.

GorillaJu

It's really sad to see how Juventus has been absolutely gutted as a club, from the inside out. Everyone's worst fears confirmed as Allegri has led them to only 18 points from their opening 6 fixtures. One simply must wonder how many points they'd have at this stage if they had kept Conte. 19? 20?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's really sad to see how Juventus has been absolutely gutted as a club, from the inside out. Everyone's worst fears confirmed as Allegri has led them to only 18 points from their opening 6 fixtures. One simply must wonder how many points they'd have at this stage if they had kept Conte. 19? 20?

0 points in Europe.

we keep losing more and more players after each training session ffs

Allegri is a quality manager. I had said before the Wenger resigned that I would gladly have Allegri as Arsenal manager. The guy has shown that when he he is treated with respect by a club he is a top manager.

I dont know why Mata gets the hate. He has been brilliant whenever he has played as a no.10 for us. Especially this year. He has constantly been providing assists or scoring goals.

I don't think he was all that great yesterday.

But anyway - this is one of those things where the outcome is settled. Mata will not be a first choice player, Rooney is going to play ahead of him. He'll be sold if we get a sizeable bid for him. I can see Valencia paying £30m for him in the summer with their newfound money.

Bold One

tB2BzR8.jpg

Was great to see him get a first goal, here's to many more!

Falcao and Wilson future

Really glad that he wants to stay, there's been time that our transfer attempts have made it seem like no one wants to come play for us, but when genuine WC player like him publicly professes his desire to to come and stay at United, it feels bueno

Hopefully he's used to replace RVP not just supplement him (teachers pet)

We were pretty poor yesterday but still could have easily grabbed a point. Think that's reasureing got some easier games coming up so should get back on track.

Hope everyone returns from International duty injury free.

You could, but only because the ref didn't give us the penalty and didn't send off Bertrand for planting his studs on Naughton's shin.

Don't see the hate for Mata, he was fine yesterday.

What worries me is our strikers. Rooney is a fat cunt who scores, but plays like shit most of the match, RVP was godlike with his first touch and now can't even run worth a shit.

And Falcao...

lZJmuMP.jpg

Notice how he hid the ice pack pressed on his left knee. He's not yet that fit :(

Rooney is a fat cunt who scores, but plays like shit most of the match

Same criticism was made of Hernandez two years back. All he does is score, as if that's a real problem. And, anyway, I doubt that's true that he doesn't wokr hard. In the Leicester match, he was often the only player offensive player who was tracking back.

Anyway, United's team sheet looks like a fantasy team of forwards. If Rooney is lagging behind, I think you can cut him some slack.

Same criticism was made of Hernandez two years back. All he does is score, as if that's a real problem. And, anyway, I doubt that's true that he doesn't wokr hard. In the Leicester match, he was often the only player offensive player who was tracking back.

Anyway, United's team sheet looks like a fantasy team of forwards. If Rooney is lagging behind, I think you can cut him some slack.

He does track back, which is great. Problem is his dismal short passes, and dribbling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom