• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

FlakyImperturbableAustraliankestrel.gif

I have never been more jealous of anyone in a .gif

you know he's getting bit, right?

I thought Arsenal did alright as well! They kept us out pretty well with only Hazard's fantastic run really getting us close. Just seemed like the Arsenal players didn't want to shoot. Arsenal will be fine and finish in the top 4 as always. I'll also be happy when they do, I like Arsenal.

Portugeezer

Di Maria and James were the best players at the WC anyway. Neuer was immense too, it would be cool to see Neuer win, but there is a bias towards attacking players in these awards.

Get old man Wenger to sort out his tactics depending on the team he's playing or else injured players coming back won't mean a damn thing. :<

He'll never do that, unfortunately. We play the same way no matter who we play against, its too predictable. 12 matches against Mourinho and 0 wins.

We looked a level below Chelsea today, who didn't have to be at their best to beat us.

The race for 3rd and 4th place is going to be ridiculious this year, it's already so competitive.

Think Arsenal will get 3rd. I'm not sure who gets 4th now.

Scum

The race for 3rd and 4th place is going to be ridiculious this year, it's already so competitive.

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd/Liverpool
5. Liverpool/Man Utd
6. Southampton/lolspurs
7. lolspurs/Southampton

He'll never do that, unfortunately. We play the same way no matter who we play against, its too predictable. 12 matches against Mourinho and 0 wins.

We looked a level below Chelsea today, who didn't have to be at their best to beat us.

Think Arsenal will get 3rd. I'm not sure who gets 4th now.

Why are most of your lads afraid to shoot? ¬_¬

At least Chambers gets his call up to the England squad now that Stones is injured. The only good thing that's happened today as Chambers got a good lesson today, despite me not agreeing whatsoever with his yellow card.

Chambers was awful yesterday. Got completely schooled. Made that silly tackle for his yellow and should have been off for his tackle on the edge of he box. He just seems like he is trying too hard once there is a mistake. The yellow was a result of Wilshere giving the boy away and the second foul was because that brain dead CB decided he was David Luiz and the defence was all out of place.

In the second half you could tell he was beaten. He didn't get tight to Hazard at all because he was worried about getting sent off and Hazard was free to gwt in a couple of easy tackles. He was also a bit stupid for a push in the back of another Chelsea player that could have been a yellow.

Ronaldo shitted himself at the world cup. Lahm or Neuer for me deserve it more.

Lahm deserves it. The most complete footballer in the game today.

GorillaJu

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd/Liverpool
5. Liverpool/Man Utd
6. Southampton/lolspurs
7. lolspurs/Southampton

Why are most of your lads afraid to shoot? ¬_¬

We and United are going to have a messy ride. Arsenal will too. I think only first and second places can be assured, 3/4 could be any of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Southampton or Spurs.

Shanks Chambers was fine defensively, overall. Chelsea's wide players were mostly quiet—it was a quick moment of brilliance from Hazard that got them their first goal. Yeah he really could have been sent off but his positioning and physicality were good.

Worst Arsenal player was Ozil, by far.

Scum

We and United are going to have a messy ride. Arsenal will too. I think only first and second places can be assured, 3/4 could be any of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Southampton or Spurs.

Odd, pls. We're not finishing 4th. My money's on Southampton to be the disruptive team in the league. Give Sterling a rest, swap Hendo and Gerrard around and have a fully fit Django back and all will be good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so its not just in Portugal that people hate the international breaks... good to know :)

K1LLER7

19th Oct
QPR
Liverpool

25 Oct
15:00
Liverpool
Hull City

1 Nov
12:45
Newcastle
Liverpool

8 Nov
12:45
Liverpool
Chelsea

23 Nov
13:30
Crystal Palace
Liverpool

Liverpool will win their next 3.

GorillaJu

Odd, pls. We're not finishing 4th. My money's on Southampton to be the disruptive team in the league. Give Sterling a rest, swap Hendo and Gerrard around and have a fully fit Django back and all will be good.

You could. All you need are the results. You saw how badly United have been playing but they're still getting the points.

faridmon

Watching Taxi Brooklyn

God the writing and the acting is really bad. Like really really bad, but Chyler Leigh is hot and there is a C-list bad movie charm to it.

Lightning

Banned
Chambers was awful yesterday. Got completely schooled. Made that silly tackle for his yellow and should have been off for his tackle on the edge of he box. He just seems like he is trying too hard once there is a mistake. The yellow was a result of Wilshere giving the boy away and the second foul was because that brain dead CB decided he was David Luiz and the defence was all out of place.

In the second half you could tell he was beaten. He didn't get tight to Hazard at all because he was worried about getting sent off and Hazard was free to gwt in a couple of easy tackles. He was also a bit stupid for a push in the back of another Chelsea player that could have been a yellow.
Chambers done fine for a 19yr old and that experience against Chelsea will only help him. Yeah he had some dodgy moments but marking someone as good as Hazard that can happen. Happened with Sagna last season too.

Özil was woeful. Don't know how anyone can defend that fucker during that game. 78% pass completion and not making any passes that mattered, gave the ball away many times and basically ruined any chance we had offensively. I find it disappointing when Wenger set the team up defensively well and Özil returns Wenger's faith with that shite performance. It's not just the performance but his attitude in general, just fuck that shit.

When Özil was bad, he was REALLY bad while his stay at Madrid. Like frustratingly bad. So much potential but not a fuck given.

I'm glad he's gone. I like the guy but his work ethic is weak.

Wtf happened to Dortmund?

Esch

Banned
Yeah it expires in 2017.

The club has been researching possible successors for a while now though.

Who do you want? I'd like Klopp personally. Young, an eye for talent, and has experience coaching a team with enough financial power to buy and raise some great players, but not enough to keep them

jxSt6Fq0oY9tL.png

Chambers done fine for a 19yr old and that experience against Chelsea will only help him. Yeah he had some dodgy moments but marking someone as good as Hazard that can happen. Happened with Sagna last season too.

He needs to learn that a game is 90 minutes. So far nothing has shown me he is an upgrade over Jenkinson in that position.

Who do you want? I'd like Klopp personally. Young, an eye for talent, and has experience coaching a team with enough financial power to buy and raise some great players, but not enough to keep them

jxSt6Fq0oY9tL.png

I want Rudi Garcia. Guy is good tactically and playets seem to enjoy playing and fighting for him.

Conte is my number 1, but I really hope he will not be available until after 2018.

GorillaJu

He has a higher ceiling than Jenkinson, he's much more aware of his surroundings, more decisive, gets caught out less, and is quicker.

The only thing Jenks has on him is attacking quality.

He has a higher ceiling than Jenkinson, he's much more aware of his surroundings, more decisive, gets caught out less, and is quicker.

The only thing Jenks has on him is attacking quality.

I don't think that is true. Jenkinson had improved a lot the last two years with his limited game time.

One moment in the game yesterday Chambers saw Hazard in miles of space whilst Chelsea were attacking down our left side and just continued to run towards the CBs. A good cross would have found Hazard with miles of free space to bury a second.

Chambers looks like he has no idea what he is doing out there at times and it is clear he has more potential as a CB or a DM

Lightning

Banned
Why is Chambers an upgrade over Jenkinson?
Dude listen to yourself Jenkinson can't defend. Against bottom half players he struggled to contain or have any positional discipline. All he could do was run up the touchline put in a cross (the only thing he was good at) and hope for the best. Hazard would have butchered Jenkinson sideways and have him sent off before half time.

Chambers is just much better. Still much to learn but much more mature, got the managers trust, and defensively I find him quite good. He won't face players Hazard's quality every week.

Chambers needs to calm down with the yellow cards before I start thinking he's legit.
If they were rash yellow cards I would be worried but they are really not. He is getting petty yellow cards, they will go in time. Would be good though if he can stop getting them in the first half all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom