• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Best television character of all time. I would post the youtube video of him singing, but I'm on my phone and trying to work.

What a legend.

image.php

Top actor.

Top singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6KHdHygZ6k

Linius

''The new'' sound more recommendable. Its not like anyone here know what is what anyhow :p

and they did release new tracks which is awesome as well:

http://diymag.com/2014/10/01/big-ups-announce-new-7-single-stream-rash

Aw, that's pretty cool!

Meanwhile I'm still thinking about which day I'm gonna go to for this festival: http://www.leguesswho.nl/

Either friday or saturday. Probably wait with deciding till the time schedules are released. Both days have muchos good stuff.

Friday: Bonnie Prince Billy, Dr. John, Ought, Perfume Genius, Iceage, Parquet Courts and White Lung.
Saturday: Wire, Autechre, Cloud Nothings, Sharon van Etten, Mac DeMarco, Son Lux and King Tuff.

King Tuff is part of a Fuzz night, while I don't know much of the other bands playing I'm fairly sure I'll have a good time with a bunch of garage and fuzz bands.

Decisions.

faridmon

Aw, that's pretty cool!

Meanwhile I'm still thinking about which day I'm gonna go to for this festival: http://www.leguesswho.nl/

Either friday or saturday. Probably wait with deciding till the time schedules are released. Both days have muchos good stuff.

Friday: Bonnie Prince Billy, Dr. John, Ought, Perfume Genius, Iceage, Parquet Courts and White Lung.
Saturday: Wire, Autechre, Cloud Nothings, Sharon van Etten, Mac DeMarco, Son Lux and King Tuff.

King Tuff is part of a Fuzz night, while I don't know much of the other bands playing I'm fairly sure I'll have a good time with a bunch of garage and fuzz bands.

Decisions.

Hmm, If I was in your shoes, I would have picked Friday because of Parquet Courts and White Lung. You like Iceage and I heard good things from Perfume Genius record which came out few weeks back,
Cloud Nothings are the only band I would have had regrets not to see, but you saw them couple of times.

On my end, I am gonna see The History of Apple Pie on Thursday.

What a Time to be alive.

Just watched that Halo video on IGN and yes I can't fucking wait. My first online game that got me hooked was Halo 3 so I can't wait to play that online again as well as actually play Halo CE and 2 MP for the first time!

faridmon

King Tuff have been talked a lot about around the internett and seemed to be the one to listen to for few weeks back when it he released his album few months back. Haven't listened to it myself, and the hype died down dramatically, but there you go.

I believe The Quietus and The Line of the Best Fit gave his album rave reviews.

Linius

Hmm, If I was in your shoes, I would have picked Friday because of Parquet Courts and White Lung. You like Iceage and I heard good things from Perfume Genius record which came out few weeks back,
Cloud Nothings are the only band I would have had regrets not to see, but you saw them couple of times.

On my end, I am gonna see The History of Apple Pie on Thursday.

What a Time to be alive.

In terms of quantity I'm also leaning towards friday. Though it all depends on the schedule of course. But missing out on Wire would be a serious pain. These guys are legends.

I missed The History of Apple Pie when they were at Best Kept Secret in 2013, but they're a really fun band. Enjoy it man! I'll be seeing Maximo Park on friday. Mate of mine won tickets so we go free. Hopefully they'll play old stuff, otherwise we'll just hang back and drink beers :p

Linius

King Tuff have been talked a lot about around the internett and seemed to be the one to listen to for few weeks back when it he released his album few months back. Haven't listened to it myself, and the hype died down dramatically, but there you go.

I believe The Quietus and The Line of the Best Fit gave his album rave reviews.

OLIBplr.png

I've been heavily addicted to their debut album when it released like 1,5 years ago. Need to give their new one a couple of more listens. But I've been hooked to Iceage and Wand lately.

You should really check out Wand by the way, that might be something for you as well. Album stream here --> http://hypem.com/premiere/wand

Make sure to go to that stream because there's another Indie act also called Wand and they also released something new this year. It's rather confusing.

faridmon

In terms of quantity I'm also leaning towards friday. Though it all depends on the schedule of course. But missing out on Wire would be a serious pain. These guys are legends.

I missed The History of Apple Pie when they were at Best Kept Secret in 2013, but they're a really fun band. Enjoy it man! I'll be seeing Maximo Park on friday. Mate of mine won tickets so we go free. Hopefully they'll play old stuff, otherwise we'll just hang back and drink beers :p

Thats the spirit. Always good to go to a gig and realise its shit but end up great because of you and mate end up chatting all the way through.

Never been a Wire fan personally. Their music leaned a bit more towards the alternative side of things when all I wanted was Some Post-Punk revivals or some thing good close to that. And during the 80s, I was into the Cure/ Gang of 4 stuff.

They actually played in London last year for free during the Record Store day, but I opted to see Fear of Men I think. Maybe I should have gone see them, just to say I was there, because I saw Fear of Men like 4 times after that Lol

OLIBplr.png

I've been heavily addicted to their debut album when it released like 1,5 years ago. Need to give their new one a couple of more listens. But I've been hooked to Iceage and Wand lately.

You should really check out Wand by the way, that might be something for you as well. Album stream here --> http://hypem.com/premiere/wand

Make sure to go to that stream because there's another Indie act also called Wand and they also released something new this year. It's rather confusing.

Yeah, saw you listen to Wand earlier (Yeah, I stalk people, deal with it) and I though maybe I should try the, and yeah I did see Lot of various bands with the same name. Will try the stream, for sure.

I really abhor Iceage, they have this pretentious air about them and their music is total rip off off another band called Hatcham Social. They aren't big, maybe that is why its ok to rip them off.

Linius

Was doing some work on a project with class mates today. Looking for a good spot we ended up on the fifth floor eventually. Turned out to be the floor where they have all nursery studies. Good lawd, great view up there.

Linius

Thats the spirit. Always good to go to a gig and realise its shit but end up great because of you and mate end up chatting all the way through.

Never been a Wire fan personally. Their music leaned a bit more towards the alternative side of things when all I wanted was Some Post-Punk revivals or some thing good close to that. And during the 80s, I was into the Cure/ Gang of 4 stuff.

They actually played in London last year for free during the Record Store day, but I opted to see Fear of Men I think. Maybe I should have gone see them, just to say I was there, because I saw Fear of Men like 4 times after that Lol

Yeah, saw you listen to Wand earlier (Yeah, I stalk people, deal with it) and I though maybe I should try the, and yeah I did see Lot of various bands with the same name. Will try the stream, for sure.

I really abhor Iceage, they have this pretentious air about them and their music is total rip off off another band called Hatcham Social. They aren't big, maybe that is why its ok to rip them off.

You know Iceage has been around since the same time as the band you name there?

If any they do take big inspiration from early punk bands. And to be fair, as a bunch of Danish teenagers back then, I doubt they even heard of a local English band :p

Their new album is a complete new direction by the way. It doesn't sound like the same band frorm the first two records at all. More Nick Cave like (voice) and a post punk sound instead of post-hardcore stuff.

Yes Quiche! Btw, once I'm done with this game for review (which should be this evening... turns out its longer than I thought, haha) then we need to finally get playing some FH2

Stop playing Alien/The Evil Within! Sure! I haven't touched it in a couple of days cause just don't feel like playing games at the moment for some reason. i'll keep buying them though.

Quiche looks like a chimney sweep

I take this as a bad thing but I can't picture what you mean.

FootballFan

Quiche, don't worry about Hixx. He is angry at your youth. He is one of the oldest here m8.

I have a Philips AJ3123.

#AMA

I am connecting an ipod to mine.

I have a Sony ICF-C7IP.

Can I navigate through the playlists using the remote of the clock radio.

inky

Best television character of all time. I would post the youtube video of him singing, but I'm on my phone and trying to work.

I hated him -unfairly I admit- but it couldn't be helped.

I watched TP when I was older, and all that guy's face did at the time was remind me of fucking Ben Stiller in that awful movie. And I can't stand Ben Stiller, so I didn't much care for James. It took me out of it a few times.

Linius

Quiche, don't worry about Hixx. He is angry at your youth. He is one of the oldest here m8.

I am connecting an ipod to mine.

I have a Sony ICF-C7IP.

Can I navigate through the playlists using the remote of the clock radio.

LYBkk9n.jpg

This is what mine looks like. I don't fuss around with iPods and stuff :p

faridmon

You know Iceage has been around since the same time as the band you name there?

If any they do take big inspiration from early punk bands. And to be fair, as a bunch of Danish teenagers back then, I doubt they even heard of a local English band :p

Their new album is a complete new direction by the way. It doesn't sound like the same band frorm the first two records at all. More Nick Cave like (voice) and a post punk sound instead of post-hardcore stuff.

They do sound awfully similar to them. Perhaps they set up at the same time, but it does feel that the originality is not there with Iceage. Hatcham social might not be famous by themselves, but they were responsible for the New-wave of faux Gothic Post-Punk explosion in East London along with Cold in Berlin, Life in Film, Lion Club, S.C.U.M and Neils Children. That scene Influenced a great deal of Post-Punk Movement around the world the likes of P.K. 47 in Chine, Lillies and Remains in Japan, Severity Winter Index in Italy and Slowness in San Francisco to mention a few. It was so influential to a point that Its hard to see Iceage as a cover band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzH8KjJlIRg
V
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EagCKe2Au8E
The similarity is uncanny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom