• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have added NSFW. I didn't want to see a dog raping a man's leg and then a kid raping the dog.

I'm pretty sure everything right there was consensual.

ipDyZfWQcIe43.gif

Just heard the Sturridge news

Fucking done with this season already. Improved the squad supposedly, yet the player who seems to make the difference between a good attack and a shite one can't stay fit

Quality gap between him and his replacements is just way too big. Declining to sign Remy will go down as our biggest voluntary fuckup since signing Carroll

@FF, price aside, all of our signings bar Markovic are easily justifiable imo, even if they haven't all worked out. All of them (again bar Markovic) were rightly expected to be ableto slot in without too much fuss. They either had PL experience, or are fullbacks, which i a role where I don't think there's too much difference between performing the role for Sevilla, or playing it for us.

Balotelli - Should be better than he is, should be capable of playing with or instead of Sturridge. tbf though, it wasn't exactly outlandish to expect him to be as much of a hindrance as he is a help.
Lallana - Proven PL player, very versatile. Getting better every game.
Lovren - One of the best CBs in the league last year (in a season full of shocking centreback performances throughout the league)
Manquillo - Decent, should be the alternative to 2 other rightbacks, has been our de facto RB due to injury
Moreno - Very good, no need to justify his signing at all imo
Lambert - PL proven, should be a decent enough 3rd choice striker, the way he's seemed overwhelmed couldn't be expected imo.
Markovic - Hmm. Don't think summer was the time to spend a bomb on someone who could be good in a couple of seasons' time.
Can - Should be able to slot in to replace Gerrard when necessary, or play a little ahead of him. Only been a failure in that he hasn't been able to play

Unfortunately it's all gone wrong at the same time. If Balotelli is shit against QPR and can't get the better of Ferdinand, I'd like to see Sterling play up top against Madrid, be that as a straight up 9 or a false 9. The actual strikers haven't earned the right to assume a spot against them by any means.

Asked for this to be made last night just for Studge's return

XmYFHTA.gif

Fuck.

Fuck.

(credit to Christophr Mackenzie)

GorillaJu

We've seen Markovic for only a few games, he hasn't been great but he'll come good. He's young and the pressure is off. Theres too much talk about him IMO, he's one who will have an impact in due time

We've seen Markovic for only a few games, he hasn't been great but he'll come good. He's young and the pressure is off. Theres too much talk about him IMO, he's one who will have an impact in due time

I'd say the pressure if very much on, much more than I should expect him to handle tbf

He should be playing in a team where he doesn't have to play particularly well every game, surrounded by others who can step up and win a game, allowing him room to relax and just play his game rather than being relied upon as much as the others to contribute.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@FF, price aside, all of our signings bar Markovic are easily justifiable imo, even if they haven't all worked out. All of them (again bar Markovic) were rightly expected to be ableto slot in without too much fuss. They either had PL experience, or are fullbacks, which i a role where I don't think there's too much difference between performing the role for Sevilla, or playing it for us.

Balotelli - Should be better than he is, should be capable of playing with or instead of Sturridge. tbf though, it wasn't exactly outlandish to expect him to be as much of a hindrance as he is a help.
Lallana - Proven PL player, very versatile. Getting better every game.
Lovren - One of the best CBs in the league last year (in a season full of shocking centreback performances throughout the league)
Manquillo - Decent, should be the alternative to 2 other rightbacks, has been our de facto RB due to injury
Moreno - Very good, no need to justify his signing at all imo
Lambert - PL proven, should be a decent enough 3rd choice striker, the way he's seemed overwhelmed couldn't be expected imo.
Markovic - Hmm. Don't think summer was the time to spend a bomb on someone who could be good in a couple of seasons' time.
Can - Should be able to slot in to replace Gerrard when necessary, or play a little ahead of him. Only been a failure in that he hasn't been able to play

Unfortunately it's all gone wrong at the same time. If Balotelli is shit against QPR and can't get the better of Ferdinand, I'd like to see Sterling play against Madrid, be that as a straight up 9 or a false 9. The actual strikers haven't earned the right to assume a spot against them by any means.

Asked for this to be made last night just for Studge's return

XmYFHTA.gif

Fuck.

Fuck.

(credit to Christophr Mackenzie)

how the fuck did you lose to Hull ;_;

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bz2MSltIgAAKg24.jpg

Liverpool stop collecting all the blondes
They played very well in that game and we conceded some truly ludicous goals. Hull are no mugs as well, annoys me a bit that people still focus on that match.
anyway, it's fucking painful seeing a player like Django being out for lengthy periods of time every season. He should hire a personal trainer like RVP or start direct messaging Raymond Verheijen on twitter
Liverpool's whole season was that match.

Jesus.

wat

TeddyBoy

Sturridge is injured.

Valdes hasn't signed.

Just read that Coutinho could be sold in January.

Madrid will destroy us, but at least we'll beat QPR.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's easy to focus on our losses like that but all the big teams have shock defeats over the season. I think its just the manner of the way we lose (shocking defensive errors) that makes it worse.
it's really unbelievable how high you guys finished with that backline, you were brute-forcing your way to the title with goals and it almost worked haha
I remember when it looked like Liverpool might win the league. What a time that was.
Honestly, it was still a magnificent season for them though, 'you don't need trophies to be a winner' is true in this instance :p

it's really unbelievable how high you guys finished with that backline, you were brute-forcing your way to the title with goals and it almost worked haha

Honestly, it was still a magnificent season for them though, 'you don't need trophies to be a winner' is true in this instance.

Skrtel was by far our best CB and he undeniably cost us about 10 goals :p

I don't think we 'won' at all, thus far anyway. If we'd used it as a platform for future success, sure. As it stands though, we didn't actually win anything, and we've regressed badly

YES REAL FOOTBALL IS BACK TODAY

Shame I'm missing the first game and the first halves of the 3pm kick-offs

fucking Saturday shifts :(

hitcher, how do i ask for a change in my shifts? pls bribe them :p

YES REAL FOOTBALL IS BACK TODAY

Shame I'm missing the first game and the first halves of the 3pm kick-offs

fucking Saturday shifts :(

hitcher, how do i ask for a change in my shifts? pls bribe them :p

You shoulder-barge the store manager's door open with your knob hanging out of your open flies, wallop you mammoth testicles onto his desk and say 'listen here sunshine, I'm on a flexible shift now, with my hours decided whenever and wherever I want them.'

Worked for me

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We're facing Sassuolo tonight, and if Llorente doesn't score at least two goals then he's truly and utterly dead and we should just sell him in January to Sassuolo

You shoulder-barge the store manager's door open with your knob hanging out of your open flies, wallop you mammoth testicles onto his desk and say 'listen here sunshine, I'm on a flexible shift now, with my hours decided whenever and wherever I want them.'

Worked for me

then how come you're still working nights, you vampire :p

:lol

then how come you're still working nights, you vampire :p

:lol

Ha, I just made that comparison in a Steam chat window to someone

Seriously though, I do nights through choice. And you've just gotta ask your manager for a change in shift. With Christmas approaching, it could take quite a while for them to change it, they're under no obligation to do it quickly afaik

No harm in asking anyway

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"... and then he said that Juve should sell me to Sassuolo in January."
tumblr_ndjbvx5bzD1r30r4xo1_500.gif

last season I tweeted him that I'm killing myself if he doesn't score TONIGHT...and it worked! He scored a brace!

maybe I should try this again, he thrives under pressure.

Zabojnik

last season I tweeted him that I'm killing myself if he doesn't score...and it worked! He scored a brace!

maybe I should try this again, he thrives under pressure.

The way he's "forced" to play for us, he'll never score more than ~15 goals per season anyway. I'm surprised at how well he seems to be taking it, actually. I can only imagine how happy he'd be with the switch to 4-3-3, lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The way he's "forced" to play for us, he'll never score more than ~15 goals per season anyway. I'm surprised at how well he seems to be taking it, actually. I can only imagine how happy he'd be with the switch to 4-3-3, lol.

but who cares really, it's bringing the best out of Tevez! 8 (or 7?) goals in six! That's insane by our (usually absurdly low) standards!

.....but I dunno, Morata could do his job and probably bag in a few innit

Hitch just went to drown his sorrows in DOTA. It hit him hard.

Seriously, it fucking killed me when I was told about it at work

Really feels like it's gonna send our season just straight down the drain

Thought his return could be a turning point, now his new injury feels like a turning point in the other direction. This month is where we probably get knocked out of the CL, and fall too far behind the teams who will finish in the top 4. Unless Balotelli finally realises that he won't be joining a better club than us if he doesn't improve drastically. But it's Balotelli, so there's more chance of Skrtel turning up at Loftus Road tomorrow with an afro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom