• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Seriously, it fucking killed me when I was told about it at work

Really feels like it's gonna send our season just straight down the drain

Thought his return could be a turning point, now his new injury feels like a turning point in the other direction. This month is where we probably get knocked out of the CL, and fall too far behind the teams who will finish in the top 4. Unless Balotelli finally realises that he won't be joining a better club than us if he doesn't improve drastically. But it's Balotelli, so there's more chance of Skrtel turning up at Loftus Road tomorrow with an afro.

Forget about Balo, it's better that way.

Zabojnik

...but I dunno, Morata could do his job and probably bag in a few innit

Ehhh, kinda, I guess? I think Elbuyback would be even more 'sacrificed' in that attacking pivot role than Llion is. Llorente honestly can't do that much more as a striker, Morata can. Or at least it feels like he could. We'll see.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ehhh, kinda, I guess? I think Elbuyback would be even more 'sacrificed' in that attacking pivot role than Llion is. Llorente honestly can't do that much more as a striker, Morata can. Or at least it feels like he could. We'll see.

who are we kidding :lol he'll never start under Allegri

NEVER

and can we talk about Coman? He looks miserable in all our photos. And he stopped trimming his mohawk weeks ago, if that's not a sign of depression then I don't know what is

Batongen

Banned
Seriously, it fucking killed me when I was told about it at work

Really feels like it's gonna send our season just straight down the drain

Thought his return could be a turning point, now his new injury feels like a turning point in the other direction. This month is where we probably get knocked out of the CL, and fall too far behind the teams who will finish in the top 4. Unless Balotelli finally realises that he won't be joining a better club than us if he doesn't improve drastically. But it's Balotelli, so there's more chance of Skrtel turning up at Loftus Road tomorrow with an afro.

Bring in Origi in January?

Today is the real start of the season, let's do this.

Weidenfeller
Piszczek-Hummels-Sokratis-Durm
Kehl-Bender
Micky-Kagawa-Reus
Immobile

Kloppo pls

We're facing Sassuolo tonight, and if Llorente doesn't score at least two goals then he's truly and utterly dead and we should just sell him in January to Sassuolo

Can Berardi play? I forget about playing when on loan/co-owned.

edit: football Italia just aswered my question lol

Salvadora

has arsenal secretly buying a "revolutionary" data company for £2m been posted?

sounds clandestine as fuck

we even employ 500 disadvantaged people (probably children) in cambodia and laos to produce detailed video analysis for scouting and other stuff all around the world

has arsenal secretly buying a "revolutionary" data company for £2m been posted?

sounds clandestine as fuck

we even employ 500 disadvantaged people (probably children) in cambodia and laos to produce detailed video analysis for scouting and other stuff all around the world

I bet one of those kids told Wenger that sticking Ozil on the left would be a good idea

Speaking of Schweine, he just sold these at an auction to help children or something:
GX9Z8az.jpg

"The chosen one" really works in football these days.

Lightning

Banned
Our shiteness is testament to how good Suarez is. FootballFan's posts aout him before he joined Barca will be hilarious in hindsight
You need to relax and give your players more time. Season has just started for a lot of your new players and Rodgers will need time to work with them.

Finish in the top 4 again and don't lose any players and Liverpool will be an a exceptionally strong position to build on their team.

Arsenal or Liverpool were never challenging for the league this season. You shouldn't measure success based on that.

Arnie

It'll be fine.

We've still got Joe Allen. The fucking perpetual golden sky. Can't wait to see him dance once more.

In QPR 1, Liverpool 1.

You need to relax and give your players more time. Season has just started for a lot of your new players and Rodgers will need time to work with them.

Finish in the top 4 again and don't lose any players and Liverpool will be an a exceptionally strong position to build on their team.

Arsenal or Liverpool were never challenging for the league this season. You shouldn't measure success based on that.

I don't think we'll finish 4th though, or even come close unless Sturridge somehow stays fit between November and May

We've been truly dreadful. I'd have taken 4th at the begiing of the season, but our performances strongly suggest that we'll be falling well short of that target.

Would love it if Arsenal won the league btw, even if you'd shove it in our faces for years to come :p

Every day I feel more and more antipathy towards City and Chelsea

GorillaJu

It'll be fine.

We've still got Joe Allen. The fucking perpetual golden sky. Can't wait to see him dance once more.

In QPR 1, Liverpool 1.

Tomorrow's headlines:

Plucky QPR Heap More Woes on Liverpool as out of Form Striker's First Half Hat Trick, that He Will Never Repeat Again Over the Season, and He Isn't Even a Good Player, No Joke, Makes More Misery for Rodgers' Reds

Tomorrow's headlines:

Plucky QPR Heap More Woes on Liverpool as out of Form Striker's First Half Hat Trick, that He Will Never Repeat Again Over the Season, and He Isn't Even a Good Player, No Joke, Makes More Misery for Rodgers' Reds

Getting Toure-Anichebe flashacks.

Expect Richard Dunne to twat one in from 40 yards in the 98th minute

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't think we'll finish 4th though, or even come close unless Sturridge somehow stays fit between November and May

We've been truly dreadful. I'd have taken 4th at the begiing of the season, but our performances strongly suggest that we'll be falling well short of that target.

Would love it if Arsenal won the league btw, even if you'd shove it in our faces for years to come :p

but on the bright side, everyone is consistently inconsistent with the exception of two sides Chelsea, so don't rule out a top four finish all the way in October

Why would we shove it in your face? You haven't won it in such a long time that you and the title are irrelevant these days

Arnie

but on the bright side, everyone is consistently inconsistent with the exception of two sides Chelsea, so don't rule out a top four finish all the way in October

In fairness, if Jagielka hadn't sacrificed himself to the Lord of Seppuku we'd be in the top four now.

But he did. And he hit the ball. And when the game was over my day was over.

And we go again.

Walshy

You are way too pessimistic, Hitch.

Sturridge will only be out for about three weeks, and the league games we have in that time are: QPR, Newcastle, Hull and Chelsea. Chelsea will be the toughest of them four, but the other three we should comfortably win.

Players are still settling, we should have Valdes from December onwards and Sturridge will be back from then for the "six pointers" against the likes of Arsenal and United.

GorillaJu

Arsenal fans are like little Jack Russel Terriers. When there isn't any football on they start nipping around the big dogs like they got game, like they completely forgot what happened the last time the leashes were off.

Calling Liverpool irrelevant just doesn't even register. Even when we're shit, our fanbase is big enough that we stay somewhat relevant. Without such a huge fanbase, we wouldn't have been able to persist in the top 7 or so even having not won the league for 23 years.

@Liverpool fans,would you take 5th and winning the FA Cup?

WJD

Calling Liverpool irrelevant just doesn't even register. Even when we're shit, our fanbase is big enough that we stay somewhat relevant. Without such a huge fanbase, we wouldn't have been able to persist in the top 7 or so even having not won the league for 23 years.

I think I'd take that for United, providing Di Maria didn't fuck off.

GorillaJu

I'll take whatever happens. The FA Cup would be nice, any trophy is always nice but I'd rather just enjoy watching the team play their football and celebrate results later.

Walshy

No.

It's vital we get into the Champions League again because:
a) this summer's business is a great platform to work on.
b) it shows last season wasn't a fluke.
c) with the new BT deal, the CL money rises again.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

No

Arsenal fans are like little Jack Russel Terriers. When there isn't any football on they start nipping around the big dogs like they got game, like they completely forgot what happened the last time the leashes were off.

17 years in the top 4, we are part of the big dogs. You can keep acting like we are nothing, like your laughable piece on the top 6 clubs and Arsenal not being in on it.

Liverpool have had two top 2 finishes in what? two decades?

You're heading there m8.

At least they've raced for title recently.

We raced for the title last year, we were first for longer than all the other combined.

GorillaJu

We raced for the title last year, we were first for longer than all the other combined.

Actually you didn't. You just had all your easiest fixtures in the first half of the season and collapsed when the competition showed up. You only barely averaged above your historical point average for the fixtures you played.

Clegg

I don't expect United to be top 4 by the new year. We're there right now but have yet to play the top teams. If we keep everyone fit then we have a chance I suppose. That's unlikely though.

jts

...hate me...

It doesn't really count if you don't face the final stretch with the possibility of winning it, does it. To be in the front in the early stages is just part of the Arsenal cycle m8.

Actually you didn't. You just had all your easiest fixtures in the first half of the season and collapsed when the competition showed up. You only barely averaged above your historical point average for the fixtures you played.

I think you will find that we had the same fixtures in the first half as we did in the second half :p, but we had problems which are manager failed to address.

You are way too pessimistic, Hitch.

Sturridge will only be out for about three weeks, and the league games we have in that time are: QPR, Newcastle, Hull and Chelsea. Chelsea will be the toughest of them four, but the other three we should comfortably win.

Players are still settling, we should have Valdes from December onwards and Sturridge will be back from then for the "six pointers" against the likes of Arsenal and United.

We'll see, I just can't see any fixtures that I'm really comfortable with given our form and available personnel tbh. We could drop points in any of (all, even) those games, we're terribly low on momentum and that aura of a solid philosophy that seemed so prevalent last season.

Was quite hopeful of getting something against Madrid at home before Sturridge got injured again, think we're pretty much done in both games against them now. Then again, if Balotelli can't get fired up for that, he shouldn't be allowed to play for us again.

Desperate for Valdes to join asap. First things first, we need to sort out the real basics. Where players should be running, when we should be injecting the burst of speed into our attacks, which players should be marking who etc

Honestly, the way we played pre-Everton was reminiscent of a recent England team. The 2 matches since, while not great, were big improvements, gotta build on that. This is probably the most testing period of Rodgers' time here in terms of purely on-the-field issues, this is where he shows his mettle.

Hopefully Sterling has had enough rest now, and we manage his gametime more responsibly in the coming month than we did in the month preceding the international break. And I have faith that Lallana will continue to improve, and Henderson will gradually become our main man in midfield.

Coutinho, fuck knows what'll happen in any given match :p

FuturusX

The Liverpool news is dreadful :( Balo needs to step up big time. He should be motivated given that his international career is teetering into obscurity...

I hate this season already...

bjaelke

Can't

Only way it would happen would be if we paid an extra fuck-tonne to allow Lille to let us renege on the terms

Shame as Lille are truly dogshit, and we have just as much need for him as they do probably :p

There are already terms in the contract to let him join in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom