• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happened to delay it by an entire hour?

B0O67LNCQAE8L3Z.jpg

L1NETT

Boro are on a roll, 1-0 up at Brighton. Adam Reach good man doing well, ex City loanee. Tomlin with the goal

Worrying times for Sami Hypia

mnylGWF.gif

Great ball from Matic to Azpi. He's really improved, or at least been given more freedom, his offensive contribution since he came over.

He's been great also with forward passes since day one. That ball through that left Salah alone with Chesney against Arsenal last season... So good.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think the rule to give both a red and a penalty is harsh, but if Fazio doesn't pull him down then Aguero is there for a tap-in. It seems like a pretty clear denial of a goalscoring opportunity.

Thought Soldado played well. He is looking much brighter than last year. It's not like he doesn't have the talent.

How can it be a clear goalscoring opportunity if Navas hasn't crossed the ball when Aguero was fouled? Do the FA have some Minority Report psychics talking to the ref?

Oscar finally coming back to form.

An absolutely stupendous free-kick. This is a big game for us, the sort we were losing last season or dropping points, no Costa as well but we need to keep on at them, put some pressure on and try and get another goal this half

Soldado's penalty was a joke. On the floor, not in the corner, no power, no conviction, no confidence, no goal. Shouldn't have taken it and cost Spurs dearly

Meier

Sorry to be blunt Meier, but I don't think you understand the rules
You might very we'll be right. I am not a rules expert -- but this is how the rule reads:

Denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick.

Fazio's foul is clearly a penalty and he has obviously denied Aguero a goalscoring opportunity when he is moving towards goal. So take that as you will. Looked like a pretty clear red card to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom