• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Brendan's hairline is a terrifying view of the future for me.

At that age such a hairline is fine.

I'm concerned mine's gonna be worse.

Best not to think about it. Doesn't do anyone any good. That's the life us men lead.

It's interesting how much Liverpool fans rate Emre Can. At Bayern he was the 'cunt who isn't half as good as Højbjerg'
You're confusing 'rate' for 'excited by'.

He's a top young talent, whatever way you slice it. Physically and mobility wise he's perfect for the league. And in the few glimpses we've had of him he's been extremely powerful.

Also find it odd how Bayern fans think of their own youth products as 'cunts'.

otfcbFP.jpg

bud

It's fucking crazy, isn't it?

"I didn't know I could communicate with my team mates"

Still blows my mind

It's simply can't be true.

What? That a 25-year-old player who has played defender for most of his career (don't know about his youth years) should know how to do a basic tackle and the rest comes down to his skills like anticipation, vision, etc.?

Of course I do, anything else would be ridiculous.

you can learn players plenty of things--that's why they train with defenders, midfielders, and forwards in groups; that's why they train defenders, midfielders, and forwards individually.

They're footballers. Some of them might have crazy god-given talent but shit in other matters. Fuck, I remember this quote about Messi:

Savants, some of them.

The fact that you're able to communicate with your team mates is something everyone should know, though. Even if it's just a "give me the ball, you fucking suck" or whatever Messi said :lol

I don't know enough about Boateng's previous history to know if it is true or not.

As an Arsenal fan, I fully believe that some teams don't coach defensively, or it is a huge afterthought. Lee Dixon famously said Wenger just let them get on with it.

It's possible that coaches don't really do defending properly. But you can't tell me that players play without speaking with each other. It's just so basic human behaviour :lol

WJD

At that age such a hairline is fine.

I'm concerned mine's gonna be worse.

Best not to think about it. Doesn't do anyone any good. That's the life us men lead.

By future I meant like... 12 months time. Keep finding tearaway strands all over my desk at work. As a fresher I had a crop that Can would look at in awe.

Asked my hairdresser about it and she said it was fine, but I think she was just being nice.

It's interesting how much Liverpool fans rate Emre Can. At Bayern he was the 'cunt who isn't half as good as Højbjerg'

We rate the idea of Emre Can, as compared to Gerrard tbh who just isn't capable of screening the defense properly when we're either not dominating the game, or when he's man-marked.

He seems decent from what I've seen

LTWheels

Can't wait for Roy to come to Anfield again and find that there is no room for him in the directors box. He was so pissed last time that happened.

El Topo

That's just not fair. Can has been good, he's very talented. I also don't think the comparisons to Hojbjerg are appropriate. Just because Bayern decided to let him go doesn't mean he's bad or a cunt.

Why was he referred to as 'cunt'?

He wasn't.

Pennywise

It's fucking crazy, isn't it?

"I didn't know I could communicate with my team mates"

Still blows my mind

It's simply can't be true.
Yeah. Must be part of the family.

Or he already got the Bayern DNA. Just look at Badstuber, if he isn't a product of sibling love I'm sherlock holmes.

Elchele

That's just not fair. Can has been good, he's very talented. I also don't think the comparisons to Hojbjerg are appropriate. Just because Bayern decided to let him go doesn't mean he's bad or a cunt.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted him to stay, he could be a great utility player and maybe something more. But his attitude was very shit, and obviously he isn't as gifted as Pierre-Emile.

Why was he referred to as 'cunt'?

He's a massive cunt. He thinks way too high of himself.

See, you say that, but then you have a bunch of great records.

Jimmy Greaves scored 44 in 57 for England.

Gerd Muller had 68 in 62 for Germany and 487 in 555 for clubs.

Pele had a league goalscoring record of 1152 in 1220 games for Santos and New York Cosmos combined, as well as notching 77 goals in 92 appearances for Brazil.

Ferenc Puskas scored 84 goals in 85 appearances for Hungary, coupled with 509 goals in 523 league appearances.

Eusebio had 41 goals in 64 international appearances for Portugal, and 319 goals in 313 appearances for Benfica.

Van Basten scored 218 goals in 280 league appearances.

In his 198 league games for FC Porto, Galatasaray and Sporting, Mario Jardel notched 205 goals.

Some people score goals.

Yes some players score well. And I think Messi and Ronaldo would have too. But at their current clip? No chance.

El Topo

Don't get me wrong, I wanted him to stay, he could be a great utility player and maybe something more. But his attitude was very shit, and obviously he isn't as gifted as Pierre-Emile.

He could still do great at a club like Liverpool though. I honestly don't remember much about his attitude, but a bit of confidence is okay.

bud

skrtel, haha.

i imagine this is what the average championship game looks like.

i hope l1nett doesn't see this post.

Should have scored that.

I really like Charlie Austin though. He was on Goals on Sunday a while ago and he came across well. Seems like a decent bloke. He's done it the hard way as well.

Walshy

Skrtel positioning knowleadge and lack of any sort of anticipation is horrendous.

Agger and Carragher massively covered some of his faults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom