• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I have seen some as a kid, and I watched Gurren Lagan some years ago. Now Netflix facilitates the job for me, so I'm starting to watch more often I guess.

Watched Death Note a few months ago, it starts awesome but then it overstays its welcome. Still, pretty good overall.

Yeah final third of death note is poop unfortunately :(

Fullmetal Alchemist is the best though. Stop everything and just start Fullmetal Alchemist

I watched Death Note when it came out back then. I think around 2006 or 2007. Still my favorite Anime of all time. The first 18-20 episodes (you know what I'm talking about) are brilliant!!! BRILLIANT!!!!

The second episode is my Anime episode of all time. Seriously. Episode 7 is awesome as well. Dat tension.

I was watching Terror in Resonance recently and it was giving me such Death Note vibes of a battle beteen two great minds but then it failed to keep it going.

This Fiorentina Lazio game is dire.

Fouls. Fouls everywhere.

Glad I am missing it at the moment.

Blablurn

I was watching Terror in Resonance recently and it was giving me such Death Note vibes of a battle beteen two great minds but then it failed to keep it going.

I had the same feelings! EXACTLY the same feelings.

Dem Death Note vibes in the beginning.

And as you said.... the crumble later on. I stopped watchng it :/

Linius

Atletico is probably the most likeable club in Spain

Thanks to Gil y Gil Atletico and likeable don't really belong in the same sentence. Besides they're very dodge recent history they also have massive debts and a very questionable financial structure. Not to mention Azerbeidzjan is their shirt sponsor. Atletico stand for everything that is wrong with football these days.

I admire Atletico for the fact that they can compete with Barca and Real with much less money compared to them. But that's about the only positive thing there is to say. I don't know why so many people try to romantisize their story, probably because of the existance of Real and Barca.

I had the same feelings! EXACTLY the same feelings.

Dem Death Note vibes in the beginning.

And as you said.... the crumble later on. I stopped watchng it :/

Haha, I think both shows are not as strong in their second halves because they changed the main detective that the lead charcters were battling with.

confuziz

Banned
Thanks to Gil y Gil Atletico and likeable don't really belong in the same sentence. Besides they're very dodge recent history they also have massive debts and a very questionable financial structure. Not to mention Azerbeidzjan is their shirt sponsor. Atletico stand for everything that is wrong with football these days.

I admire Atletico for the fact that they can compete with Barca and Real with much less money compared to them. But that's about the only positive thing there is to say. I don't know why so many people try to romantisize their story, probably because of the existance of Real and Barca.

Most fighting spirit I have ever seen. I am serious.

tri_willy

Ancelotti said:
"We had sounded him out but Gerrard's bond with Liverpool was unbreakable. I don't remember what year it was but we did try. Of course, I wanted him to pair up with Pirlo, it was a fantastic combination. Putting Gerrard in midfield with Pirlo. It would have been fantastic.

in their primes, would have been a mad combo indeed

GorillaJu

I almost never watch anime but I occasionally feel like using something to improve my Japanese so I watched something called "Cross Anju" and it was ridiculous. Almost every character is a girl, there's lots of almost-rape, cute dough-eyed girls getting torn apart into bloody fountains. It's keeping me entertained for the worst possible reasons

Actual good animes Ive seen

Cowboy Bebop
Monster
Hajime no Ippo
Evangelion

Linius

Most fighting spirit I have ever seen. I am serious.

Sure, that's legit. But that doesn't make Atletico a sympathetic club. It just says their players have heart for the club and give their best on the pitch. And with the players is nothing wrong of course, they can't help it they play for a rotten club.

And I truly hope Atletico can ever overcome their history of dodgy dealings, but there's a long way to go for that to ever happen.

Wilbur

Banned
Sure, that's legit. But that doesn't make Atletico a sympathetic club. It just says their players have heart for the club and give their best on the pitch. And with the players is nothing wrong of course, they can't help it they play for a rotten club.

And I truly hope Atletico can ever overcome their history of dodgy dealings, but there's a long way to go for that to ever happen.

jokes that you also like Barca

You can say that about almost any other club in every other league, and more.

Blablurn

Haha, I think both shows are not as strong in their second halves because they changed the main detective that the lead charcters were battling with.

I will never be mad because it gave me the ending it deserved

Ls death was so satisfying <3 I was Team Light all the way. That comes afterwards does not matter haha. But it's also not thaaaat bad. Not as good as the first part but still okay.

I don't think Pirlo and Gerrard could have played together. Only player he could have knocked out of the squad was Gattusso. Gerrard is a much better player, but Gattusso was the reason Milan were so decent in the CL. He held that team together allowing the attacking lot to have fun.

Edit. Gerrard would have defo been a huge upgrade over Ambrosini

Ls death was so satisfying <3 I was Team Light all the way. That comes afterwards does not matter haha. But it's also not thaaaat bad. Not as good as the first part but still okay.

Haha.
I was Team Light too :D

Yep. In the latest Pep book there is a chapter where the author talks about a meeting between Pep and Boateng. Boa told him that no one ever taught him how to defend. Everything he did was pure intuition or something like that lol. And Boateng is playing since many, many years now.

It needed Pep to finally learn something about that position.

Is this some sort of ridiculous Pep idolization or am I just missing something?

Nobody every taught Boateng how to defend... okay. Like what? How to tackle? That's something you learn by trying. There's not much you can teach someone and in the end, it really comes down to intuition. That's why some defenders look rather bad after a longer break (see Hummels for example). And everything else is basically tactics related and can differ from another coach's approach. For example, high line vs. deep line, when to push forward, etc.

So did the author explain this further or was it just some random wanking over Pep's defending being the true and only way to defend? Because my impression is that Boateng's problem was that he did too many mistakes and thus maybe lacked a bit of confidence in his play. He cut that back under Heynckes already and obviously developed a bit more in the last year. I don't really see Pep being a big deal in this.

FootballFan

Haha.
I was Team Light too :D

I was team
light too but damn, L's death was still crushing lol. I wanted their battle to continue or just end right there. Unfortunately their battle didn't continue and the show didn't end there.

FootballFan

Nobody every taught Boateng how to defend... okay. Like what? How to tackle? That's something you learn by trying. There's not much you can teach someone and in the end, it really comes down to intuition. That's why some defenders look rather bad after a longer break (see Hummels for example). And everything else is basically tactics related and can differ from another coach's approach. For example, high line vs. deep line, when to push forward, etc.

So did the author explain this further or was it just some random wanking over Pep's defending being the true and only way to defend? Because my impression is that Boateng's problem was that he did too many mistakes and thus maybe lacked a bit of confidence in his play. He cut that back under Heynckes already and obviously developed a bit more in the last year. I don't really see Pep being a big deal in this.

Pep never has anything to do with anything that goes right. Only the bad things.

You can teach a defender about positioning, which is the most important thing a defender can be taught.

K1LLER7

I almost never watch anime but I occasionally feel like using something to improve my Japanese so I watched something called "Cross Anju" and it was ridiculous. Almost every character is a girl, there's lots of almost-rape, cute dough-eyed girls getting torn apart into bloody fountains. It's keeping me entertained for the worst possible reasons

Actual good animes Ive seen

Cowboy Bebop
Monster
Hajime no Ippo
Evangelion
Watched Cowboy Bebop recently and thought it's decent. Didn't like the (lack of) story.

Couldn't get into Evangelion.

Hajime No Ippo is great. Dat Dempsey Roll lol.

Monster looks good, I need to watch it sometime.

Claymore is good too. It's a shame they stopped following the manga material towards the end.

Blablurn

There's only black and white, right?

I'm genuinely interested in what that author wrote but it just seems like a bunch of bullshit to me.

Thats from the book

Das schreibt Perarnau über…
… Jerome Boatengs Abwehrverhalten:
„Er (Guardiola; Anm.d.Red.) ist begeistert von seiner neuesten Entdeckung: Boateng ist Autodidakt. Der junge deutsche Abwehrspieler hat ihm erzählt, dass ihm nie jemand beigebracht hat, wie man verteidigen muss. Boateng gesteht ihm, er habe nicht gewusst, dass man eine Abwehrkette organisieren kann; er habe ganz einfach geglaubt, die Kunst des Verteidigens sei angeboren.“

tri_willy

Watched Cowboy Bebop recently and thought it's decent. Didn't like the (lack of) story.

Couldn't get into Evangelion.

Hajime No Ippo is great. Dat Dempsey Roll lol.

Monster looks good, I need to watch it sometime.

Claymore is good too. It's a shame they stopped following the manga material towards the end.

hajime no ippo. you could almost make an anime with some of the side characters ie. takamura, sendo. the manga is fucking hilarious, pity the anime didnt follow the manga faithfully in the subsequent seasons

Linius

The lenghts of wrongdoing Atletico has done can't really be compared to any other club in the big leagues. If you can't see that then I'll rest my case.

Not talking about just having a massive debt because that seems to be one of things you absolutely need in order to win the CL. Unless you're a German club. German kids honestly are the best kids in the class.

And again, I'm not trying to undermine their success on the pitch in recent years. I admire the way Simeone managed his boys to the top and how devoted the players are on the pitch. But these people have nothing to do with how the club is run.

FootballFan

There's only black and white, right?

I'm genuinely interested in what that author wrote but it just seems like a bunch of bullshit to me.

Defending isn't all about slide tackling, headers and standing tackles.

You can learn about what exactly to look out for, what runs to track, where to stand in certain situations, what to do with the ball at the back, where to clear the ball etc. A lot of defenders today can't do the basics.

Pep taught Boateng all of that in a matter of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom