• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

looool, was just searching for those
Odd, your comments on our game against West Ham get funnier by the week :lol :lol :lol

Two goals against an absolutely shit Liverpool defence is not proof of this, Elsk.

You were shit then and we were shit today. I said you should be embarrassed by that performance (you should be) and I'm embarrassed and frustrated to hell with the way this one went. I even mentioned then that Utd fans should be happy with the points just like I'm happy with ours.

Arnie

Off to Oxford Street to buy a couple of t shirts I can't afford.

YOLO.

Need some sort of retail therapy after that.

Batongen

Banned
Sterling sure looked tired charging through there in 94th minute - good thing he got subbed just after!

Poor guy

Also fuck Liverpool - 2 own goals and a deflection to beat the worst team in the league. One man team last year as much as they want to pretend they weren't.

We weren't though.

We had a trio who were synced and the only one of them playing today was a slightly out of form Sterling.

Labadal

We were both extremely lucky and extremely shit.

The players should be ashamed despite the win.

Can't believe we are two points ahead of Arsenal.

No movement and unorganised pressing. Poor finishing and equally poor defending.

Predicting Madrid to beat us 7-1.

PowderedToast

balotelli not celebrating really grates on me

no show of relief when we went 1-0 and 3-2 up, it looks awful. a sure fire way to isolate yourself from the team.

we weren't a one man team last year. but by removing one player (and then another in sturridge) we've completely destablised the balance that had been created. that's different.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Question to Liverpool GAF:

what does Balo offer to the team? I mean, he isn't fucking scoring and he isn't a target man like say Llorente, so what does it do?

You know what. Send Llorente back to Spain. Sell the club.

now we're talking!

Rikkun

Welcome to the thread yo

a team containing Isla lost 3-2 by two own goals

Tell me something I didn't expect next time please.

OG are wonderful though.

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY ZAZO

SAY IT

ZAZO!?
HIS TRUE IDENTITY REVEALED
THE BALD GOLDEN BOY MAN WHO STOPPED JUVE
ROMA'S FAVOURITE PLAYER EVER AND CAPITAN FUTURO
AN ALWAYS ONLINE PLAYSTATION, NEVER ACTUALLY PLAYING ANYTHING
WILL JUSTICE PREVAIL

Also, finally Wednesday GOTG out in theaters in Italy. So tempted to wait two weeks and just get the Bluray
rip
, fuck you Marvel.

Finally the red. Belotti is love.

I was yelling at the tv telling them to just waste time instead of trying to win the game during that last freekick.

They were 5 men back only marking balotelli on that freekick lol

QPR are just poop, just like the first goal, half the team is busy not really bothering when Liverpool quickly counters.

Looking at the league so far,the net outlay this summer transfer window makes it interesting.

Chelsea Net Spend £8.528 million (loss)
City Net Spend £31.3 million (loss)
Southampton Net Spend - £40.97 million (profit)
West Ham Net Spend £23.98 million (loss)
Liverpool Net Spend £53.636 million (loss)
Manchester Utd Net Spend £135.6 million (loss)

balotelli not celebrating really grates on me

no show of relief when we went 1-0 and 3-2 up, it looks awful. a sure fire way to isolate yourself from the team.

He clenched his fist and shook it. I don't think necessarily every player needs to go mental, not everyone is the same.

I know he's a moody selfish cunt, but still

Looking at the league so far,the net outlay this summer transfer window makes it interesting.

Why is that interesting?

Timbuktu

Because nobody knows about Southampton?

Why is that interesting?

The teams that are kicking people's backsides had relatively low losses or even profits.
The teams people consider to be flailing had larger losses and spent a hell of a lot more.

Chelsea getting in Costa, Fabregas and Luis for a mere £8 million loss was fantastic business. West Ham spent most of ours on strikers and it has paid off.

Southampton have done brilliantly.

Rikkun

Nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing
Expected. I don't know how big teams can still fall for him and pay that much for his wage.
The only thing that could make him better is a hard as fuck coach, like Cunte or Simeone.
How is Rodgers usually?

That Pellè effect

Zabojnik

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, this slayed me. Because it's true. So far I've played & finished Infamous and MG:GZ and fiddled around with Fifa 15 & PES 2015 demos. Otherwise it's been Netflix and the PS4 turning off by itself, because I most certainly don't give a fuck to do it myself.

Ricky <333

The teams that are kicking people's backsides had relatively low losses or even profits.
The teams people consider to be flailing had larger losses and spent a hell of a lot more.

Chelsea getting in Costa, Fabregas and Luis for a mere £8 million loss was fantastic business. West Ham spent most of ours on strikers and it has paid off.

Southampton have done brilliantly.

Do you think the table will look like that at the end of the season?

Or that in general, this is the way to success in football?

Moobabe

We weren't though.

We had a trio who were synced and the only one of them playing today was a slightly out of form Sterling.

You were - he made the players around him tick and made up for deficiencies in every other area by scoring wonder goals and single handedly winning games.

There's no way of replicating that impact.

GorillaJu

Expected. I don't know how big teams can still fall for him and pay that much for his wage.
The only thing that could make him better is a hard as fuck coach, like Cunte or Simeone.
How is Rodgers usually?

That Pellè effect

Rodgers was the best manager in the PL last year. I'd say he has a good record of getting players who aren't known for mental fortitude to play well. The problem with Balotelli wasn't even that he didn't work hard or didn't care. His attitude was fine, his technique was fucking abject.

Rikkun

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, this slayed me. Because it's true. So far I've played & finished Infamous and MG:GZ and fiddled around with Fifa 15 & PES 2015 demos. Otherwise it's been Netflix and the PS4 turning off by itself, because I don't give a fuck to do it myself.

Ricky <333

"oh a friend online, oh it's zab, let's see what he's pl-"

Level 1
Idle

You're worse than Bla playing Minecraft on a Saturday night ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tell me something I didn't expect next time please.

OG are wonderful though.

ZAZO!?
HIS TRUE IDENTITY REVEALED
THE BALD GOLDEN BOY MAN WHO STOPPED JUVE
ROMA'S FAVOURITE PLAYER EVER AND CAPITAN FUTURO
WILL JUSTICE PREVAIL

Also, finally Wednesday GOTG out in theaters in Italy. So tempted to wait two weeks and just get the Bluray
rip
, fuck you Marvel.

Fucking Zazojnic, man. But I'm happy for him tbh! I'd rather see him score on us than Icardi again or [insert a former Juve reject] :// we'll dust ourselves up next week, no worries.

GOTG was really fun and funny, but don't go in with GAF levels of hype, it's just another Marvel movie (which to me is not a bad thing)

GorillaJu

You were - he made the players around him tick and made up for deficiencies in every other area by scoring wonder goals and single handedly winning games.

There's no way of replicating that impact.

He didn't contribute any match winning goals except on a few occasions. He is a brilliant player but the element that elevated our attack was Sturridge. Suarez always looked good but never the finished product until Sturridge and Coutinho came into the team. Then we started playing rampant attacking football.

Rikkun

Rodgers was the best manager in the PL last year. I'd say he has a good record of getting players who aren't known for mental fortitude to play well. The problem with Balotelli wasn't even that he didn't work hard or didn't care. His attitude was fine, his technique was fucking abject.

Usually it's the other way around with him.

Like "he played like shit for 5 matches" and then in 20 minutes "Oh look he slayed Germany with a beastly shot".
I always hated seeing him strolling on the field, running like a pregnant woman when he had to keep the pressing high, and luckily I had him in "my team" only with Italy.

If his shoot is going shit too... good luck.

Do you think the table will look like that at the end of the season?

Or that in general, this is the way to success in football?

Of course it won't (apart from the top two).

I am just saying that at the moment it is the teams with the lowest net outlay who are performing to expectations or above and it could be argued that teams with higher net outlay are currently underperforming.

Man Utd will of course spend their way into the Champions League places, which I think is a shame.

You guys know what's ridiculous?

We're playing one hell of a shit season, yet Schlacke and Leverkusen only have respectively 4 and 6 points more than us. Qualifying for the CL is still in good reach. Bundesliga is just really shit this season.

Rikkun

Milan 3-0 up with 5 minutes to go. Bonera on???? Guess Verona have got this

Come on now, you're overreacting.

Fucking Zazojnic, man. But I'm happy for him tbh! I'd rather see him score on us than Icardi again or [insert a former Juve reject] :// we'll dust ourselves up next week, no worries.

GOTG was really fun and funny, but don't go in with GAF levels of hype, it's just another Marvel movie (which to me is not a bad thing)
I still have very little faith in Allegri. We'll see.

Bonera on and already 3-1!!!!!!!!!!

fall1.gif

Of course it won't (apart from the top two).

I am just saying that at the moment it is the teams with the lowest net outlay who are performing to expectations or above and it could be argued that teams with higher net outlay are currently underperforming.

Man Utd will of course spend their way into the Champions League places, which I think is a shame.

There are plenty of other teams who spent relatively little in the summer who are floundering (several who spent less than/similar amount to West Ham)

And of course the top two got to be a position where they are by doing exactly what United have just done.

The only real exception there is Southampton who have indeed done tremendously well. And not even just because of the profit they made, more impressive thing is they lost a manager and so many key players but have managed to get going again so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom