• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
'One man team'

Bollocks. Sturridge was fucking fantastic last season as well throughout, and has been unavailable for us for the vast majority of the season. Ignoring his impact last, and this, season is fucking idiotic.

Come on now, you're overreacting.

I still have very little faith in Allegri. We'll see.

fall1.gif

could have been 3-2 a minute later. Milan now have it. Brazilian Rafa Marques with and own goal, and now Mexican Rafa Marques with a red card.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You guys know what's ridiculous?

We're playing one hell of a shit season, yet Schlacke and Leverkusen only have respectively 4 and 6 points more than us. Qualifying for the CL is still in good reach. Bundesliga is just really shit this season.

don't worry we got this. 2nd or 3rd at the very least.
I still have very little faith in Allegri. We'll see.
Me too.

as much as we all love Coman, Giovinco coming on in the last few mins was fucking dumb, shoulda been the other way around.

and Evra, fucking fuck me. I'd fucking rather play a jetlagged Ebola infected Asamoah quite frankly

El Topo

You guys know what's ridiculous?

We're playing one hell of a shit season, yet Schlacke and Leverkusen only have respectively 4 and 6 points more than us. Qualifying for the CL is still in good reach. Bundesliga is just really shit this season.

Please Milch, we use the term competitive.

How so? It's not like we're being bank rolled by a sugar daddy.

They've spent £169 million on players so far this season. You don't have to be bankrolled by a sugar daddy to spend your way into decent league positions.

Come January I'm sure you'll have spent over £200 million trying to get back into the Champions League. There aren't many other clubs in the world that could spend like that.

Chelsea actually have a decent model these days. Sign young players for 8-10 million. Loan them out, raise profile and sell for a profit.

Lukaku made over £20 million profit for them and they didn't pay his wages out on loan. I'm sure Van Ginkel etc will also sell for a profit.

Zabojnik

Gosh, I miss good prosciutto. Never been able to find authentic stuff in Korea, and Parmigiano is twice as expensive here, but I always gladly pay it.

Bought 30€ worth of parmigiano and prosciutto just yesterday. Nomnomnomnomnom.

Also, profiteroles. Half the box is already gone. :( :) :( :)

Rikkun

don't worry we got this. 2nd or 3rd at the very least.

Me too.

as much as we all love Coman, Giovinco coming on in the last few mins was fucking dumb, shoulda been the other way around.

and Evra, fucking fuck me. I'd fucking rather play a jetlagged Ebola infected Asamoah quite frankly

I saw only the first half of it, ended up seeing a shitty movie for 8.50€ (the one with Mark Ruffalo and beautiful Keira somethley) and sleeping at my fake gf place because no parents at home, showed me family photos then fell asleep on the sofa under the ugliest plaid ever. Watched b&w documentaries about Jugoslavia and Tito.

Gosh, I miss good prosciutto. Never been able to find authentic stuff in Korea, and Parmigiano is twice as expensive here, but I always gladly pay it.

There's no pasta without Grana/parmigiano and there's no life without pasta.

doicare

prophet.

not really. qpr are legit shit. cant score on the right of the pitch will eventually cost you the game
Even putting aside every other single ridiculous thing that happened in that game it was really unlucky.... no wait i'm sorry 'shit' of QPR how when they were about to score Mignolet follows through on Fer with a high boot, gets away with it, then fouls another QPR player from behind and then finally in the same goal mouth scramble a goal bound shot is block by Johnson on line by his arm, yep that was so shit of QPR there.

bud

arsenal are now in eighth position, behind united who still have to play.

i honestly believe that this is the season that arsenal don't end in the top four anymore.

i'm crying.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What does Kane have to do to start against Newcastle? Usho, pls.

I think if he hadn't played 180 minutes with England in the break he probably would have started against City. Poch took a chance playing Soldado and to be fair he played OK. I expect Ade and Kane will start on Thursday and whichever plays best will play against Newcastle.

I'm still really happy about our performance yesterday, the defense will settle down once we get further into the season. We opened City up several times and if we play with that intensity Newcastle will get destroyed whoever we have up front.

TrueBlue

Speaking of Chelsea youngsters, I was really disappointed when we decided to put on Drogba rather than Solanke. Definitely wouldn't have happened if Palace hadn't scored.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I saw only the first half of it, ended up seeing a shitty movie for 8.50€ (the one with Mark Ruffalo and beautiful Keira somethley) and sleeping at my fake gf place because no parents at home, showed me family photos then fell asleep on the sofa under the ugliest plaid ever. Watched b&w documentaries about Jugoslavia and Tito.

There's no pasta without Grana/parmigiano and there's no life without pasta.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA Ricky <3 sounds like a rough night!!

Speaking of Chelsea youngsters, I was really disappointed when we decided to put on Drogba rather than Solanke. Definitely wouldn't have happened if Palace hadn't scored.

Was disappointing when you had just seen Solanke get ready, but it also was the right decision. Drogba came on and held the ball up well and did what was needed, winning a few battles with the defenders and such. Of course would have been to prefer if Palace hadn't scored, but Luis had a fucking shocker and let them.

Should have put on Mikel instead of Salah.

Scum

i honestly believe that this is the season that arsenal don't end in the top four anymore.

i'm crying.
bud, pls.

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd/Liverpool
5. Liverpool/Man Utd

I think if he hadn't played 180 minutes with England in the break he probably would have started against City. Poch took a chance playing Soldado and to be fair he played OK. I expect Ade and Kane will start on Thursday and whichever plays best will play against Newcastle.

I'm still really happy about our performance yesterday, the defense will settle down once we get further into the season. We opened City up several times and if we play with that intensity Newcastle will get destroyed whoever we have up front.

Must admit tha it wasn't all so bad yesterday. Kaboul was indeed a fool but atleast we lasted longer than 13secs. looool

TrueBlue

Was disappointing when you had just seen Solanke get ready, but it also was the right decision. Drogba came on and held the ball up well and did what was needed, winning a few battles with the defenders and such. Of course would have been to prefer if Palace hadn't scored, but Luis had a fucking shocker and let them.

Should have put on Mikel instead of Salah.

Oh yeah, not disputing the decision - was definitely the right call. Still, it'd have been nice. Hopefully we can put a decent couple of cup runs together to give our youngsters a chance to spread their legs. There's some real talent there, it'd be nice to see it develop and actually be used by the club for once.

kharma45

They've spent £169 million on players so far this season. You don't have to be bankrolled by a sugar daddy to spend your way into decent league positions.

Come January I'm sure you'll have spent over £200 million trying to get back into the Champions League. There aren't many other clubs in the world that could spend like that.

Chelsea actually have a decent model these days. Sign young players for 8-10 million. Loan them out, raise profile and sell for a profit.

Lukaku made over £20 million profit for them and they didn't pay his wages out on loan. I'm sure Van Ginkel etc will also sell for a profit.

It's sustainable spending, I don't see the issue. Plus the club hasn't spent big for a long time so it all has to come now.

Man Utd are spending money they've earned over the last 26 or so years with exceptional financial management. Chelsea's model is made possible by the money they were essentially given by Abramovich over the first 5 years of his reign, and have continued to be given (along with higher sponsorship deals and merchandise, made possible by, again, that original Abramovich bankrolling) aside from a spell or two where they haven't had to spend as the original spend had already left their squad pretty much complete.

Abraxas

i'm crying.

two wins in 8.

shoot me in the scrotum and sell alexis, we are not worthy of CL.

Fair play, if a ref is gonna call that as a penalty then he'll be giving one every time there's a corner. Game should should end 7-7 with 4 red cards at that rate.

Bony has also realised the ref is giving soft penalties out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom