• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindle

Banned
Following the football whilst in AUS is hard as fuck. Anyway, Relistically, how far can Southampton go? I mean, they're doing great so far.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29683379

Adel Taarabt is three stone overweight and unfit to play for Queens Park Rangers, claims manager Harry Redknapp.

The Moroccan midfielder has not started for QPR since 27 August and was not in the squad for his side's 3-2 Premier League defeat by Liverpool.

"I can't protect people who don't want to run and train, and are about three stone overweight," said Redknapp.

"Taarabt is not injured. He's not fit. He's not fit to play football unfortunately."

Taarabt, 25, appeared as a second-half substitute in QPR's last match before the international break - a 2-0 defeat at West Ham - but has not started since the League Cup defeat at Burton.

The newly-promoted Hoops are currently bottom of the Premier League after taking four points from their opening eight games.

Redknapp, 67, added: "He played in a reserve game the other day and I could have run about more than he did. I can't pick him.

"What am I supposed to keep saying? Keep getting your £60,000, £70,000 a week and don't train? What's the game coming to?

"I pick people who want to try, who deserve to be at a good football club like QPR, who come in every day and want to work, train and show a good attitude. When he starts doing that, if he ever can do it, maybe he'll get a game."

Taarabt returned to Loftus Road in the summer after loan spells at Fulham and Italian giants AC Milan last season.

For the Euros here, 3 stone is about 20 kg.

Following the football whilst in AUS is hard as fuck. Anyway, Relistically, how far can Southampton go? I mean, they're doing great so far.

They can finish top 4, maybe even 3rd. Neither ourselves, Arsenal or Man Utd have been at all good this season. But they've had a comparitively easy fixture list iirc

Garth Crooks has Skrtel in his team of the week.

What a tit

Blows my mind that we're 5th. On the balance of performance, I'd expect us to be 14th or something

Fan match day poster

RNyIi0B.jpg

GorillaJu

Coutinho was excellent, not just Sterling. The two of them combined well.

Garth Crooks has Skrtel in his team of the week.

I haven't watched all the games but I'd say that Skrtel wasn't at fault for much of anything and generally had a fine game. He wasn't a part of the problem except on one occasion when he was caught defending too deep and Mignolet had to make a save.

Are Real Madrid the best team in Europe? They're the Champion's League holders, and they're absolutely flying, but Barca are above them in the league, and they finished 3rd last season.

It's not obvious enough to call any of Real, Atletico, Barça, Chelsea or Bayern the best team. On their day any of them could be. You don't have to be the best team in Europe to win the CL despite what some obnoxious fans proclaim.

Are Real Madrid the best team in Europe? They're the Champion's League holders, and they're absolutely flying, but Barca are above them in the league, and they finished 3rd last season.

Coutinho came on against visibly tiring legs, but he was very good. Not got a clue how I'd set up against Madrid if I was Rodgers. None of the strikers have earned a chance, Coutinho has probably earned a start. If we play for a draw, we'll lose. If we play for a win, we'll probably get hammered

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vargas's was pretty damn great, wasn't he? No clue why he's behind Zamora :lol

did Isla do anything notable? He played on QPR's right flank

Dark Rider

Coutinho came on against visibly tiring legs, but he was very good. Not got a clue how I'd set up against Madrid if I was Rodgers. None of the strikers have earned a chance, Coutinho has probably earned a start. If we play for a draw, we'll lose. If we play for a win, we'll probably get hammered

Last season we wanted the CL more than anything so Carlo basically refused to put any meaningful effort in la Liga just to make sure it doesn't suck much needed energy for the CL
you saw how any of the top 3 could get the title last season by the end of the league but Carlo was scared to put the effort in La Liga then play less than ideally in the next CL match whenever it was.

In my eyes all La Liga top 3 last season had an equal shot at the title. Not that Atletico and Barcelona had any meaningful better performance.

I got the job!!

Congrats :D

Welcome to the Sainsbury's Family, Tc91. You'll never leave.

Got a free £25 bet on betfair, went for a simple accumulator

wo1QWQ2.png

Guessing you can't withdraw winnings unless you place them on a further bet or something, £25 is way too much to be no-strings-attached

Salazar

Bugs me on that Liverpool/Caulker goal - dunno who it is, but he runs away from the ball carrier.

Don't just fucking run back toward your own goal, tit. This is a break. Your house is on fire. Try and impinge on the ball carrier's consciousness. If he's faster than you, then he's faster than you. But you tried to do something meaningful.

Dark Rider

We lost Diego López + Ángel Di María + Xabi Alonso
all three were very important to the team and the reason we started this season with bad performance and letting Barcelona have the top of the league spot so far.

We needed time to regroup and reorganize and reinvent our style, after the first 4 league matches we started to regain our form. Are we as good as last season yet? No we are not yet but working to get there. Are we playing good? Yes we are.

Liverpool match away, Liverpool play their best in the CL especially against big teams so I'm sure they've been saving all their might, skill and form for our match and they will play their best match against us.

I have a bad feeling about this game :x

all three were very important to the team and the reason we started this season with bad performance and letting Barcelona have the top of the league spot so far.

We needed time to regroup and reorganize and reinvent our style, after the first 4 league matches we started to regain our form. Are we as good as last season yet? No we are not yet but working to get there. Are we playing good? Yes we are.

Liverpool match away, Liverpool play their best in the CL especially against big teams so I'm sure they've been saving all their form might, skill and form for our match and they will play their best match against us.

Exactly.

That midfield of Real is set up to be bossed by Hendo + Sterling + Stevie G + Lallana/Coutinho

Start with Lambert too, since I expect you to play lot of long balls and he will win those and hold them up.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I can't wait to see Bale playing at Anfield.

He was rested at the weekend right?

Dark Rider

Exactly.

That midfield of Real is set up to be bossed by Hendo + Sterling + Stevie G + Lallana/Coutinho

Start with Lambert too, since I expect you to play lot of long balls and he will win those and hold them up.

I don't think you will "boss" our midfield and I think we will not do much of long balls

Expect Cristiano to slide through your midfield like a hot knife through butter

I can't wait to see Bale playing at Anfield.

He was rested at the weekend right?

Yes he was, I hope he brings it in Anfield and in the coming Classico

Salazar

I don't think you will "boss" our midfield and I think we will not do much of long balls

cartoon is not a Liverpool fan

If he were, he wouldn't be talking such high-intensity bollocks

Liverpool match away, Liverpool play their best in the CL especially against big teams so I'm sure they've been saving all their form might, skill and form for our match and they will play their best match against us.

Take a point each, yeah? :p

Play without a striker. Allen in behind Gerrard and Henderson. Front three of Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana.

I'd be quite happy with that. Balotelli's confidence couldn't get any lower, so that's not an issue. Sterling's pace up top would prevent them from being able to push both fullbacks/1 fullback&Ramos up at the same time. However, he's never played there before, and it'd risk him becoming uninvolved. Think Coutinho has to play. Even if he's poor, just having him buzzing around in midfield would hopefully prevent them from allowing all of their midfielders to overwhelm us at once. Otherwise they'd risk having situations where Coutinho has space to maneuvre the ball to his liking, and Sterling has space to run into, which would be a danger to any team.

Probably the most efficient way of keeping them from attacking at will without leaving ourselves massively open to the counter.

GorillaJu

Yes he was, I hope he brings it in Anfield and in the coming Classico

He isn't a Liverpool fan, despite that almost all his posts are about us. Us Liverpool fans know the truth—we're getting fucked violently.

You?

I am a Man U supporter...

He isn't a Liverpool fan, despite that almost all his posts are about us. Us Liverpool fans know the truth—we're getting fucked violently.

Well tbf you were the only game worth watching and talking about in the last 36 odd hours. So it just seems that way.

Also, wasn't it your post about the article for the QPR game which also said how Liverpool have always performed well at home against strong European opposition?

Dark Rider

Take a point each, yeah? :p

We are sitting comfortably at the top of the group and we can afford to lose all 3 points and still come at the top when its all said and done so I say we go for all or nothing :p

You are trying to set us Real Madrid fans up to be over confident so the fall is much more painful for us when it happens

We are up to you antics OddMorsel we will not fall for it

Ronaldo's probably going to tear them apart.

You can never be sure though. It's going to be a huge occasion for Liverpool - the players and fans will really be up for it. Madrid will just need to keep their cool early doors.

Yeah I posted that but Tomkins is wrong if he thinks we'll get anything more than possibly 1-1

I think the occasion is setup for Liverpool players backed by fans at home to deliver a proper European performance. So call it a gut feeling. My gut could be fucked though so I may end up being proven wrong.

Ronaldo's probably going to tear them apart.

You can never be sure though. It's going to be a huge occasion for Liverpool - the players and fans will really be up for it. Madrid will just need to keep their cool early doors.

Honestly, the atmosphere is possibly more likely to make us do something stupid than them. The squad is full of players who lose their heads easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom