• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
Lool

Up for some clubs before the CL games later?

I was a beast at CB yesterday :p
Yep. Just message in the evening. I'll be home.

I'm going to keep to my position much more often, affects my attacking chances but at least it keeps the defence solid.

I absolutely despise pro clubs AI defending.

RiggyRob

So which shit teams are playing today, lads?

City have got a rough game playing in an empty stadium at home away.

Since I can only choose one (cause my internet's on the blink and I'm having to use my phone to tether my laptop), do I watch Barcelona vs Ajax or Roma vs Bayern?

Jack cw

City have got a rough game playing in an empty stadium at home away.

Since I can only choose one (cause my internet's on the blink and I'm having to use my phone to tether my laptop), do I watch Barcelona vs Ajax or Roma vs Bayern?

Barca vs. Ajax should be fun. I think we will see more goals there. Bayern vs. Roma will be cat vs. mouse. Both great matches though.

Yep. Just message in the evening. I'll be home.

I'm going to keep to my position much more often, affects my attacking chances but at least it keeps the defence solid.

I absolutely despise pro clubs AI defending.

I hate the AI too, so shit lol

I'll be up for it too :D

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I wonder if Rooney was playing whether we would have done better yesterday?

KidJr

Football is playing with me emotions right now, but I see a lot of supporters of German teams in here... can someone give me a quick synopsis of whats going in that league?

A bit more confidence like they did with Lewandowski. But then they had the intiative about the whole deal. Anyway, I just found it funny that Sport1 got this reaction out of him, since you rate them so high.

It's a non-reaction, really. Reus leaving or not is the least of our problems right now and we all know that it's annoying as hell that Rummenigge brings it up once again.

If Reus leaves, we still have Kagawa, Micky, Auba, Kuba and Großkreutz from the current squad. Hofmann and Leitner are returning next season and we have the option to buy Bittencourt back. That + the 35m from Reus (I still don't believe the 25m thing) and we have plenty of options to replace him.

RiggyRob

Barca vs. Ajax should be fun. I think we will see more goals there. Bayern vs. Roma will be cat vs. mouse. Both great matches though.

I thought that Bayern vs Roma might be more of an even game, but like you said that might just make it cagey.

On my way back from Scotland to London.

Good Eats on Netflix on the laptop via the phone. Technology, huh.

It's incredible isn't it, I'm still amazed that these things exist and what they're capable of.

Herrera being investigated for match fixing?

What?

Can't find any good English sources just some marca shit

Explains his performance yesterday doesnt it. That 5 times money back on draw.
frU10tR.png

Jack cw

It's a non-reaction, really. Reus leaving or not is the least of our problems right now and we all know that it's annoying as hell that Rummenigge brings it up once again.

If Reus leaves, we still have Kagawa, Micky, Auba, Kuba and Großkreutz from the current squad. Hofmann and Leitner are returning next season and we have the option to buy Bittencourt back. That + the 35m from Reus (I still don't believe the 25m thing) and we have plenty of options to replace him.
Sure, but I'm bored already (because Dortmund doesn't deliver in the league) and had hoped for a media fight between the two. Guess that Watzke has more class than Rummenigge. I hope you might buy Firminho or Shaqiri for Reus. woodyinho is the only player we could need and I hope that Bayern stopps buying BVB.

Jarnet87

If Di Maria misses the Chelsea clash we may as well set up to park the bus, don't even have another player on this team can drive us forward lol.

maybe we get lucky with Falcao on the counter and steal a goal.

Sure, but I'm bored already (because Dortmund doesn't deliver in the league) and had hoped for a media fight between the two. Guess that Watzke has more class than Rummenigge. I hope you might buy Firminho or Shaqiri for Reus. woodyinho is the only player we could need and I hope that Bayern stopps buying BVB.

Volland or nothing

Firmino is a fraud

Jack cw

Football is playing with me emotions right now, but I see a lot of supporters of German teams in here... can someone give me a quick synopsis of whats going in that league?
Quick? Well, that is what happened:

- Whole Germany (excluding Bayern) hoped that after World Cup Bayern Munich would struggle and some other clubs might fight for the Bundesliga title.

- That didn't happen. Bayern played better than last year and Dortmund, our biggest competitor struggled and are 13 points behind after 8 played games already. Obviously there is no thrill and tension in Bundesliga for this season.

I thought that Bayern vs Roma might be more of an even game, but like you said that might just make it cagey.

On paper we have two top clubs fighting each other but I expect a game where Roma will have to run considerably more to get the ball because Bayern will have posession. It's going to be a game like against Arsenal or United last season or against City this year, if nothing crazy happens.

I can actually see Bayern getting smashed tonight. Bayern can try their passing game but Roma have two of the best ball winners around in DDR and Nainggolan, who both can start attacks with killer balls too. Roma will also play with two dangerously fast players in the attacking trident who are very direct and two fullbacks who are disciplined and great at going forward.

I feel like I am missing something with Roma though.

I can also see Roma getting smashed if they try and take the game to Bayern. They just need to sit back and counter.

spidye

I can actually see Bayern getting smashed tonight. Bayern can try their passing game but Roma have two of the best ball winners around in DDR and Nainggolan, who both can start attacks with killer balls too. Roma will also play with two dangerously fast players in the attacking trident who are very direct and two fullbacks who are disciplined and great at going forward.

I can also see Roma getting smashed if they try and take the game to Bayern. They just need to sit back and counter.

rome just needs to park the bus. we always struggle with teams who can actually defend.

Jack cw

We have made huge progress compared to last years tiki taka. Our pressing and counter pressing is even more aggressive and the midfield not holding anymore. I seriously think Roma will have a few counters but will mostly try to somehow stop Bayern from scoring. Should be a similar game against City in Allianz Arena. But anything can happen though.
Who said that was me. Could also be from Sport 1

Too good for Sport1.

Blablurn

Remember when travels to Italy meant losses?

Remember when travels to Italy meant losses against AC Milan?

Remember when travels to Italy meant losses against Juve?

Long time ago.

rome just needs to park the bus. we always struggle with teams who can actually defend.

We have made huge progress compared to last years tiki taka. Our pressing and counter pressing is even more aggressive and the midfield not holding anymore. I seriously think Roma will have a few counters but will mostly try to somehow stop Bayern from scoring. Should be a similar game against City in Allianz Arena. But anything can happen though.

Too good for Sport1.

Roma are good defenders, but in every game they have played they have allowed others the chance to put a couple on them. Astori will be playing in his first CL game and is prone to errors in big games. I think Roma should sit back, but to simply park the bus would be very dangerous for them.

I have watched the last two bundasliga games and have been really impressed by the change and it was the most fun I have had watching a Pep side. I still think he will try and play a controlled passing game in this one.

If both teams come out and attack it will be very fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom