• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

I hope this move will be named after Robben sometime.
Yesterdays match was incredible, indeed. Roma wasn't bad, but lost any faith after the second goal. And nice to see Pep finally finding the proper tactics for this squad. This is lightyears better than the shitty tiki taka from last season. 3 very convincing CL performances so far.

Yop. There many improvements. Less static. Less passes. More action. That's Heynckes attacking football with Pep idea of quick short passes.

Jack cw

Yop. There many improvements. Less static. Less passes. More action. That's Heynckes attacking football with Pep idea of quick short passes.

I have to say, that buying Benatia was genius from Pep. Bernat as well. Reminds of those transfers Jupp did, that were the missing pieces in the 2013 squad.

Blablurn

I have to say, that buying Benatia was genius from Pep. Bernat as well. Reminds of those transfers Jupp did, that were the missing pieces in the 2013 squad.

And don't forget this guy

image.php

FootballFan

He taught Boateng how to defend. He brought in Benatia an Bernat. Revived alonso. He invented football.

Praise to pep.

Jack cw

He taught Boateng how to defend. He brought in Benatia an Bernat. Revived alonso. He invented football.

Praise to pep.

Yes, his transfers finally made sense. Still a huge way to go, but I think that this Bayern squad at the moment is his ideal of a 3-4-3. Last year was probably the time when Pep learned his biggest lessons.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Pep is doing a brilliant job this season, but how's buying Benatia (a renowned world talent) a genius move...?
...?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why is City so bad ?

it all started when an item of soft sweet food made from a mixture of flour, fat, eggs, sugar, and other ingredients (baked and sometimes iced or decorated) was not present in the anniversary of the day on which a person was born (typically treated as an occasion for celebration and the giving of gifts and baked goodness)

Jack cw

Thought it would change with the new coach, looks like it isn't and their bringing shame to the EPL each season now.
Should have stayed awake yesterday :(
Seems like I missed alot of great matches.

Moscow is a trap for many clubs. We didn't look very dominant either. I remember Barca getting a beating there. City was pretty weak with their chances and the refereee was a joke. Still, the problems are somewhere else. Pellegrini has to get the message of pressing and defending in the heads of Dzeko, Aguero, Silva et al.

By the way I think yesterday was the matchday with the most goals in CL history. Really great matches and some hilarious referee decisions.

3Sixty

As much as I dislike Brenda and her battleship the one team I hope they beat is Real Madrid.

90th min Rickie Lambert winner pls

'I hope that before I die someone can explain the "West Ham way", writes Ferguson in his updated book. 'What is it? They last won a trophy in 1980, the FA Cup.

'I never played against any West Ham team that played football I was afraid of. They were always surviving, or lucky as hell against us.'

What a prize tit. Perhaps if he actually spoke to a West Ham fan rather than reading the sensationalist, antagonistic shite the newspapers print, he might have a better idea of what the fans expect because, here's a clue Sir Al, it isn't trophies and it isn't 'attacking football' as the media do so like to parrot. It's passion and commitment and a general feel that everyone believes in the cause and are pulling together to achieve a result - it wasn't so much that the football last year was at times dull and ugly, it was more that the players didn't really look like they believed in what they had set out to do. And of course you never felt threatened by a West Ham side, given the extreme gulf in finances between the two clubs. But the fans never went to Old Trafford expecting us to fucking boss United and make them look like chumps, they went to Old Trafford expecting the players to try their best and hoping that luck would be on their side that day. That's it. That's the much vaunted West Ham way. Incidentally, Alan Shearer's a gobshite.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What a prize tit. Perhaps if he actually spoke to a West Ham fan rather than reading the sensationalist, antagonistic shite the newspapers print, he might have a better idea of what the fans expect because, here's a clue Sir Al, it isn't trophies and it isn't 'attacking football' as the media do so like to parrot. It's passion and commitment and a general feel that everyone believes in the cause and are pulling together to achieve a result - it wasn't so much that the football last year was at times dull and ugly, it was more that the players didn't really look like they believed in what they had set out to do. And of course you never felt threatened by a West Ham side, given the extreme gulf in finances between the two clubs. But the fans never went to Old Trafford expecting us to fucking boss United and make them look like chumps, they went to Old Trafford expecting the players to try their best and hoping that luck would be on their side that day. That's it. That's the much vaunted West Ham way. Incidentally, Alan Shearer's a gobshite.
He's not even a Sir really

Mr.Ferguson

Jack cw

Can't wait for the last act in Berlin.

I just hope we maintain that form and are able to get even better than right now with Thiago and Schweini.

Anyway, yesterdays first half was one of the best I've ever seen from Bayern. The best in terms of variety, passing and tactics. Remember the shit played 4 years ago in Rome? Can't believe what a squad and coach we have.

864542100-asr-fcb_03_20141021-221802-Pbef.jpg

tri_willy

fuck i missed out on some amazing games that were on at 3-4am my time, will have my arse up for the liver madrid game. fucking aye roma were handed a new one, condolences to any roma-gaf and totti-gaf (shanks) peeps

pfcbly.gif

What a time to be

lol dont hold your breath.

sviat pls

@ Pool fans, how would you set up tomorrow?

----------------------------Mignolet------------------------------

Johnson----------Skrtel--------Lovren------------Moreno

-------------------------Can----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------Gerrard-------------------
------------Allen----------------------------------------------------

---------------------Henderson-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------------Coutinho------------------

--------------------------------Sterling-----------------------------

That is horribly narrow, but it's the only way we'd be able to plug the gaps we leave in midfield, since we don't have the brains to do it.

Maybe swap Allen for Lallana, and put Henderson in the mid 3.

Fuck Balotelli's ego, he hasn't earned a start. Sterling false 9. Johnson wasn't terrible against QPR.
he says, like there's no difference between QPR and Real Madrid

given how shit our defence is, i would urge our fullbacks to be careful when pushing forward, perhaps have some cover if they choose to proceed. esp at rb if johnson goes forward happy, we will get raped by a CR7 counter.

you've prob picked the ideal formation hitch, all it needs is brendan to give each player the correct instructions...

fuck balotelli, getting soldado'd on his fucking chokey misses (no offense spurs gaf). even borini would do a better job and that is saying something

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Corinthians are ready to explore a loan deal to bring back Tottenham midfielder Paulinho in January.

The Brazilian club sold the midfielder to White Hart Lane for £16million in the summer of 2012 but he has failed to live up to expectations and has slipped down the pecking order under head coach Mauricio Pochettino.

Make it so. The worst of our recent signings by some distance. Just think what we could have done with the £17m we pissed away on him.

Never buy anybody over 23 from the Brasileiro.

Blablurn

Rummenigge confirmed that the Allianz Arena is paid off. In the past they thought that process would last 25 years. Now we did it in less than 10.

Since the stadium is paid off our yearly budget gets a 25-30 million boost. It can be used for anything.

Probably for buying Reus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom