• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

There's a Vine going round of Dortmund fans being attacked by Galatasaray ultras last night.
Yeah. Some attacks happened on different locations. Two fans were treated in a hospital, nothing to serious though. Still a shame that Istanbul always has these things happen. Obviously not as bad as Zenit fans.

jts

...hate me...
This is Anfield is kinda like This is Sparta, right?

or does it mean something else?

Patrick_is_angry.jpg

I wonder if there's any poor soul who hasn't watched this. What a brilliant show for the first couple of seasons.

Carbonox

There was a kid at school who was called Patrick and he kinda looked like a starfish so I would keep speaking to him in Patrick's voice from Spongebob. He weren't best pleased about it.

kids are cruel

Yeah. Some attacks happened on different locations. Two fans were treated in a hospital, nothing to serious though. Still a shame that Istanbul always has these things happen. Obviously not as bad as Zenit fans.

It doesn't always have these things happen. It's a shame but there is plenty of this still in so called "civilised" places like England. It just gets reported less than the Eastern European incidents.

I'm not denying there is a problem with elements of Turkish fandom, but I really get annoyed that people have an image of Turkey as some no-holds-barred country where you have to look over your shoulder every second. Istanbul is a huge place, it's population is bigger than some of the Balkan countries. Galatasaray has huge support, perhaps the majority of Turks. So it's sadly inevitable that with such a huge number of people in a city as big as a country, there are going to be dickheads.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It doesn't always have these things happen. It's a shame but there is plenty of this still in so called "civilised" places like England. It just gets reported less than the Eastern European incidents.

OMG! New poster! Are you a lurker? Can I touch you?

non-sexually, of course.

Carbonox

I'm not denying there is a problem with elements of Turkish fandom, but I really get annoyed that people have an image of Turkey as some no-holds-barred country where you have to look over your shoulder every second.

When I saw my Turkish friend's dad run after a guy with a kebab knife (he owned a kebab shop), I knew Turkey was my kind of country.

Pennywise

Nah. These incidents in Istanbul were single incidents. Zenit fans are hunting opposite fans, no matter where they're from. Usually you get no warnings ahead of a match. For Zenit there were plenty of precautions. In Istanbul it happens too often, but luckily it's nothing regular.

OMG! New poster! Are you a lurker? Can I touch you?

non-sexually, of course.
May the non-sexual touching commence!

When I saw my Turkish friend's dad run after a guy with a kebab knife (he owned a kebab shop), I knew Turkey was my kind of country.
A country of 70 million people, of varying ages, of varying political persuasions, of varying ancestries, reduced to an incident in a Kebab shop in Europe. It's a shame :(

Nah. These incidents in Istanbul were single incidents. Zenit fans are hunting opposite fans, no matter where they're from. Usually you get no warnings ahead of a match. For Zenit there were plenty of precautions. In Istanbul it happens too often, but luckily it's nothing regular.
Sounds like how it used to be in England in the old days.

Pennywise

I'm not denying there is a problem with elements of Turkish fandom, but I really get annoyed that people have an image of Turkey as some no-holds-barred country where you have to look over your shoulder every second. Istanbul is a huge place, it's population is bigger than some of the Balkan countries. Galatasaray has huge support, perhaps the majority of Turks. So it's sadly inevitable that with such a huge number of people in a city as big as a country, there are going to be dickheads.
Missed the edit. Thought you were trying to protect the Zenit fans. Yeah I agree, like I said above it happens too often, but it's far from being a regular problem.

Welcome!

I have a feeling that you're a Gala supporter

;_;

Haha good times.

I'm a Chelsea supporter since I've lived my whole life in the UK (and since before Abramovich), but the team of my ethnicity is indeed Galatasaray :). I went to the Chelsea-GS game last season and secretly supported Galatasaray. Which is weird because I watch every single Chelsea game, whereas GS are more of a casual thing whenever there is a big game. I guess I wanted the underdog to win.

Sadly I don't think Galatasaray will be getting passed the group stages this time, but I hope they win the Europa.

FootballFan

Haha good times.

I'm a Chelsea supporter since I've lived my whole life in the UK (and since before Abramovich), but the team of my ethnicity is indeed Galatasaray :). I went to the Chelsea-GS game last season and secretly supported Galatasaray. Which is weird because I watch every single Chelsea game, whereas GS are more of a casual thing whenever there is a big game. I guess I wanted the underdog to win.

Sadly I don't think Galatasaray will be getting passed the group stages this time, but I hope they win the Europa.

Welcome

Who do you support

Jack cw

Welcome dear Lurker,
I hope you do not support Real Madrid. Have a nice time here.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Maybe we should post more prejudice and racist stuff then, it'll pull in more lurkers!

I mean, SURE, it'll get a few of our old posters banned, but we do need more new blood anyway!

Bayern GAF, anything racist to say? Go ahead.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I saw an Italian one day (he owns a pasta shop) and he was bribing the H&S official.
LLShC.gif

when you think about it, it really takes courage to bribe someone. 33% it'll make the whole thing worse and 33% you'll end up in jail

what a man

Thanks for the welcomes guys :).

Maybe we should post more prejudice and racist stuff then, it'll pull in more lurkers!

I mean, SURE, it'll get a few of our old posters banned, but we do need more new blood anyway!

Bayern GAF, anything racist to say? Go ahead.

Your username is actually Turkish. A yurt would be a tent the Ancient Turks and Mongols used to live in (kind of like Native American tents) and some communities still do live the traditional life.

Today the word also means domestic, country or university/workplace accommodation.

Though I know you named it based on the Souls games.

Carbonox

when you think about it, it really takes courage to bribe someone. 33% it'll make the whole thing worse and 33% you'll end up in jail

what a man

You're Italian, have you bribed anyone ever? Do you have ties to the Mafia? Does your girlfriend get tips from her dad on how to escape the clutches of the law?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks for the welcomes guys :).

Your username is actually Turkish. A yurt would be a tent the Ancient Turks and Mongols used to live in (kind of like Native American tents) and some communities still do live the traditional life.

Today the word also means domestic, country or university/workplace accommodation.

Though I know you named it based on the Souls games.

waaaaait how did you know that :lol maybe I am Turkish!

I should be, such a lovely country with lovely food and lovely women.

You're Italian, have you bribed anyone ever? Do you have ties to the Mafia? Does your girlfriend get tips from her dad on how to escape the clutches of the law?

Carbo we can't talk about this stuff here.

but I did bribe a bodyguard/bouncer once in a club

Purdy

I can't wait to see Liverpool get

d
e
m
o
l
i
s
h
e
d

Aren't the Manchester globetrotters going to asia or something?

Your media is truly insufferable. Remember the 'This Is Anfield, So What' headlines before we proceeded to put in one of the best performances I've ever seen (not even exaggerating) and won 4-0.

Obviously you're far, far better now than you were then, and we're not as good as we were then, but I don't really understand why Marca and AS set themselves up for a fall. If you twat us, it's expected anyway. If you fuck up, they look like idiots. Classless either way.

And you can shove your prayers up your arse, I'd rather play Liverpool play in a pub league than support you shower of cunts.

Clearly they're still licking the wounds from the absolute dicking they took that night, we would've beat our own record if it wasn't for Casillas playing one of his best games ever.

Obviously they're rather confident about tonight and rightly so, would kill for Rafa back on at night like tonight

waaaaait how did you know :lol maybe I am Turkish!

I should be, such a lovely country with lovely food and lovely women.

Lovely food reminds me it's lunch time, though sadly not a Turkish lunch :(.

No doubt the lovely food helps with the complexions of the Turkish delights :p Healthy and tasty! (Am I talking about the food or the women? lol).

Seriously though check out this NYT article about what kids around the world eat for breakfast. You'll know when you see the Turkish feasts:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/08/magazine/eaters-all-over.html

Ahhh I see you are Italian. You guys remind me of us. Skin colour diversity amongst the population. Beautiful women. Passionate. Gesticulation. Great and healthy food. Med. sea. Amazing football atmospheres. People identify with their parents/grandparents religion but don't even practice it.

But one thing is very different. You guys are better at football. Much, much better.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't even remember the last time I ate breakfast :(

it was probably in a hotel room during a conference. I don't have the time anymore ;_;

edit: ^Italy is shit at football now actually. 2010+ is such a dark period ;_;

tbh any nation that is NOT England wins at everything, it's jackpot if you're born 'not-English'
I'm kidding guys I really love the English more than anyone

Batongen

Banned
I saw an Italian one day (he owns a pasta shop) and he was bribing the H&S official.
LLShC.gif

I met an Italian yesterday and he bloody lived in Sweden for 8 years in the past so he spoke excellent Swedish. But like everyone else, the women can only do so much and the constant winter darkness grabs you and pulls you away.

3Sixty

it was probably in a hotel room during a conference. I don't have the time anymore ;_;

McDonalds breakfast.

I can't help myself.

I have to walk past everyday

Blablurn

Italian football was so great in the 00s. Dat dominance. Dat Juve. Wow. AC Milan? Kaka was the best in the world for some time. Wow.

And then it all dropped. At least you went out with a bang. Inter winning the CL lol.

;_;

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
McDonalds breakfast.

I can't help myself.

I have to walk past everyday

that doesn't even count really :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( the calories do though ;_;

3Sixty WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS
no waking up an hour earlier isnt an option OK

So is Solanke going to start against Man Utd?
Definitely not. He'll probably start Tuesday though.

Fucking FA/FL. There's all this talk about the League Cup being looked down on and they schedule 1 day of rest between a huge PL away game for us. And we're one of the teams that actually has always taken the LC seriously!

tri_willy

tbh any nation that is NOT England wins at everything, it's jackpot if you're born 'not-English'
I'm kidding guys I really love the English more than anyone

yurt pls, the australian football team, if you will, is a fucking minnow on the world stage. even if we do have some once in a while decent players

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
yurt pls, the australian football team, if you will, is a fucking minnow on the world stage. even if we do have some once in a while decent players

But they basically win the World Cup every time Tim Cahill scores! And they know their place in world football at least, unlike the premfaces.

Dark Rider

I have a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad feeling about our match

please

Liverpool bros
what say you we settle this as 0-1 for Real Madrid? we don't need to go into this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom