• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
The Alien Anthology collection.

Fucking fantastic set.

alien-anthology-BD2.jpg

I also have this one, but I haven't watched it. I am a bad person.

FootballFan

Blade Runner (Final Cut, the 25th anniversary edition with EVERYTHING), no doubt about it. Immaculate transfer.

Hnggf brilliant choice.

My top 5 favourites(from what I own)

- Mad Men Season 1-7 Bluray
- Breaking Bad Bluray box
- Twin Peaks Bluray box
- Death Note DVD box
- Spartacus Bluray box

Bold One

They are weird bunch. While their live music sounds good at a face value and is generally enjoyable, they differ quite a lot from their recoded material. For all the crisp vocals drenched in a fuzzy, reverbed guitar work that they seem to play off in their Music, they substituted with a drone heavy shoegaze full of reverb noises and loud pedal effects. The nice vocals are still there, but its basically buried underneath all of those distorted guitar work. Heck the bass is practically unhearble as well.

the produced stuff I have listened to is very pop-y so I never really noticed the guitar distortions and such

The Girl that Leapt through Time or Eden of the East.

Both of them are phenomenal.

this is a good film,

also anything by Satoshi Kon, like Perfect Blue, Milenium Actress or Paprika is awesome

Blablurn

Guys. I need help. For the job I'm applying for I need to create a speaking sample. I thought about reading some of the news the website is creating. You guys got any tipps for that? Of course loud and clear speaking is a must.

Guys. I need help. For the job I'm applying for I need to create a speaking sample. I thought about reading some of the news the website is creating. You guys got any tipps for that? Of course loud and clear speaking is a must.

Just listen to some radio news broadcasts. Then try and recreate their tone. I haven't listened to the radio in years, but usually the time spent on the news is very short and just gives you a brief understanding what is happening on each topic. You don't want to just read a whole news article because it will bore people to death.

Blablurn

Just listen to some radio news broadcasts. Then try and recreate their tone. I haven't listened to the radio in years, but usually the time spent on the news is very short and just gives you a brief understanding what is happening on each topic. You don't want to just read a whole news article because it will bore people to death.

Thats a good one! Thanks : D

The only Bluray I own is The Dark Knight. I've never watched it, only seen it once when it was on at the cinema.

Wanna go through LotR again soon, still only seen RotK once.

The only Bluray I own is The Dark Knight. I've never watched it, only seen it once when it was on at the cinema.

Wanna go through LotR again soon, still only seen RotK once.

I own hundreds of blu rays and then moved to Korea leaving all but my favourite films in my Mum's house. I haven't bought a blu-ray in 4 years, other than the Star Wars ones.

Blade Runner is an amazing film, I have the Final Cut on BR too, it looks like it was filmed yesterday.

Incredible.

Also that Alien boxset is great, I have that too.

Hmm, favourite BR that I own:

Stanley Kubrick boxset (weirdly doesn't include Dr Strangelove, had to buy that one separately lol)
The Godfather 1 and 2 (just perfect, fuck 3)
LoTR EE (incredible trilogy)
Apocalypse Now (theatrical, not Redux, fuck Redux)

WJD

2001 looks absolutely sexual on blu ray.

Got Lawrence of Arabia waiting to be watched too for when I have 4 hours to spare in a day.

Wilbur

Banned
2001 looks absolutely sexual on blu ray.

Got Lawrence of Arabia waiting to be watched too for when I have 4 hours to spare in a day.

Yeah, said this to dean the other day; I'd love to see it but sitting down and watching one thing for four hours is just madness nowadays :lol

WJD

Yeah, said this to dean the other day; I'd love to see it but sitting down and watching one thing for four hours is just madness nowadays :lol

Aye, hopefully there's another 70mm screening in London sometime to pop over and watch - might aswell make a night of it.

Speaking of 70mm, trying to convince the gf to come and watch Interstellar IMAX with me at the BFI. At £20~ a ticket it's proving a bit difficult.

Wilbur

Banned
Aye, hopefully there's another 70mm screening in London sometime to pop over and watch - might aswell make a night of it.

Speaking of 70mm, trying to convince the gf to come and watch Interstellar IMAX with me at the BFI. At £20~ a ticket it's proving a bit difficult.

if she doesn't want to go I will

I'll even do the hand in the popcorn bucket stuff m8

bud23

And it begins

De Gea, Spain's future and Real's

The name of the ex-Atlético de Madrid shot-stopper has been on the tables of the Bernabéu offices for some time now, and it is said that De Gea likes the idea.

For now, no agreement has been reached between Manchester United and his agent, Jorge Mendes. A possible move to 'Los Blancos' might just be why as yet he hasn't renewed his present contract, which runs out in 2016.

His agent promised the youngster some time ago that one day he would find him a place with Real Madrid.

A possible way to reel him in next summer may be a move similar to that undertaken to net Kroos – providing of course that De Gea doesn't renew.

So, hmmm, it is said that De Gea likes the idea? Well, it was inevitable....

qh8VVeJ.png

Welcome to Madrid, De God!!

Salazar

Branagh's jumbo Hamlet is unreal.

But admittedly tough going.

I'll never get my head around players still dreaming of playing for Real when they have Atletico in their blood. Fuck that.

Marca readers, mate. The Spanish equivalent of a Dorset shepherd squinting at his own faeces for divinatory clues about the weather.

Blablurn

I already mentioned the radio/ speech sample I need to create for my job application. Right now I'm in preparing it. Intro, Talk and Outro. It's about 2 or 2.5 minutes in end. Should I do more? So far I've got two news I'm presenting. Both related to China.

I already mentioned the radio/ speech sample I need to create for my job application. Right now I'm in preparing it. Intro, Talk and Outro. It's about 2 or 2.5 minutes in end. Should I do more? So far I've got two news I'm presenting. Both related to China.

Good luck, no idea with the time limit. Just make sure it is interesting and grabs their attention from the start. First impressions and all.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lots of links to Berahino in today's papers. He could replace Soldado and Lennon himself.

De Gea will leave for City when they finally get enough of Hart, and Real Madrid will still by that time trying to convince themselves that casillas isn't dead.
9VDLwhi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom