• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

While I love my FLCL copy (It was dirt cheap as well, £5), I do think its not as good as many people suggest. Those Hijinks at the start of the series are just too hyper to even make sense.

Watch The Girls Who Leapt through time, if you haven't!

I do.

I've seen most movies that are worth it.
Even those that are pretty crazy.
FLCL is pretty harmless against stuff like Mindgame.
vmilbzn.jpg

faridmon

I do.

vmilbzn.jpg

Haven't watched Mindgame yet, but I did think Paprika was all over the place.

The problem with FLCL is the introduction. Its not so much for the level of craziness since the whole thing is based on that, its just that the way those characters are introduced into the story felt hasty and underdevoloped. Why is Haroku having a breakfest with family all of the sudden?

Also I wish Monster was localised here in Europe :(

Sloosha

The Girl that Leapt through Time or Eden of the East.

Both of them are phenomenal.

Love both. Summer Wars was decent as well - although not as good as The Girl that Leapt through Time. Are the Eden of the East movies worth watching?

I do.

vmilbzn.jpg

Yes! Love Masaaki Yuaasa. Tatami Galaxy is great. Still need to watch Ping Pong though.

faridmon

Love both. Summer Wars was decent as well - although not as good as The Girl that Leapt through Time. Are the Eden of the East movies worth watching?

Yes! Love Masaaki Yuaasa. Tatami Galaxy is great. Still need to watch Ping Pong though.

Ping Pong the Animation is bloody Godly. My Anime of the year for sure! WATCH IT ASAP!

Eden of the East movies still don't answer a lot of question, the series haven't don't but it does conclude few things, especially Akira and Saki's story. The whole project is definitely an ambitious one, Maybe Kenji Kamiyama should have made it clear from the start about his aim regarding the series, but the way its directed and presented is nothing short of magnificent, including the movies.

Oh by the way, if you live UK, both of the movies are dirt cheap on Amazon.

I actually bought Summer Wars DVD as well, since it was bundled with The Girl Who Lept through time, but I lost it :( I still haven't watched it yet.

Pennywise

Have you seen Kemonozume ?
I really love the series, too bad people don't like his artstyle and missed one great anime.

Haven't watched Mindgame yet, but I did think Paprika was all over the place.

The problem with FLCL is the introduction. Its not so much for the level of craziness since the whole thing is based on that, its just that the way those characters are introduced into the story felt hasty and underdevoloped. Why is Haroku having a breakfest with family all of the sudden?

Also I wish Monster was localised here in Europe :(
Same.
Well, it's never gonna happen sadly...
The market is dead...

You prolly shouldn't look for logic in events like that, because there simply is none of it in any scene.
There's a meaning within the small scenes and not so much in the bigger scale, allthough I agree that it can be all over the place.
The manga is even worse with that :p

Good there is something for all of us, even an anime for Wooden.

faridmon

Have you seen Kemonozume ?
I really love the series, too bad people don't like his artstyle and missed one great anime.

Same.
Well, it's never gonna happen sadly...
The market is dead...

You prolly shouldn't look for logic in events like that, because there simply is none of it in any scene.
There's a meaning within the small scenes and not so much in the bigger scale, allthough I agree that it can be all over the place.
The manga is even worse with that :p

Good there is something for all of us, even an anime for Wooden.

They did localise Baccano and that was one show that I thought it would never get a reease, so there is hope....

Although the fact that its over 50+ eps doesn't help :(

But yeah, there is no logic to FLCL, I was wondering about the Manga and whether it made more sense on few thing, but it appears that isn't the case.

I bloody hated Kemonozume, I don't know what does that make me. :/

Heh good scene, but anime is for jerks.
If only you stopped basing your life style on Jeff Gertsmen and be your own person, you have enjoyed life and cute things Wooden.
If only...

Pennywise

They did localise Baccano and that was one show that I thought it would never get a reease, so there is hope....

Although the fact that its over 50+ eps doesn't help :(

But yeah, there is no logic to FLCL, I was wondering about the Manga and whether it made more sense on few thing, but it appears that isn't the case.

I bloody hated Kemonozume, I don't know what does that make me. :/
It's not only the 50+ episodes.
The show was canned in the US and with that the DVD releases, which was a first indicator that the interest is too low and there is no market for it.
Plus it's a Seinen show which are also alot harder to sell, there is just no hope for it :/

And Kemonozume was a short and lovely love story, just simple and beatiful.
The artstyle was benefitting as well, when you love it.

Heh good scene, but anime is for jerks.
Pls.
There is even a guy who loves the hamster and get's his gf a hamster costume.

wait that's not hamtaro

No.
They adopted the look and made the complete opposite, a perverted and violent series with a cute looking hamster.

faridmon

It's not only the 50+ episodes.
The show was canned in the US and with that the DVD releases, which was a first indicator that the interest is too low and there is no market for it.
Plus it's a Seinen show which are also alot harder to sell, there is just no hope for it :/

And Kemonozume was a short and lovely love story, just simple and beatiful.
The artstyle was benefitting as well, when you love it.

I though Monster was localised in America, I even read reviews of the DVD collection in ANN

There is definitely market for, me thinks. Baccano sold decently and the Anime industry is getting more mature by the day. The problem is that the companies are expecting a large profit and a fast one which doesn't make sense. Manga have already commented on how profitable was it for them when they started localising more mature shows such Eden of the East and Tatami Galaxy because they negotiated a bit harsher with Japanese Animation studios on their royalties.

Yes, Some shows do not have the market, but Naoki Urasawa stuff should definitely sell.

This thread is Japanophile right now, that we need an used underwear vending machine. I'm going to bed
wearing these used panties I bought earlier

faridmon

Tuesday is no longer the same anymore :*(

Read the manga too and the next arc starts off great. Shame it'll never be finished.

The dude set up a huge universe, one that will never get continued, let alone finished.
Life sucks, why doesn't he just give the series to someone else to do the drawing for him and let him come up with the ideas, ala Death Note's Ohba/Obata combo?

faridmon

This thread is Japanophile right now, that we need an used underwear vending machine. I'm going to bed
wearing these used panties I bought earlier

See your past halfway past the road to Anime appreciation, just start watch My Little Sister Can't be this Cute and just accept it man.

Danes man, they don't know what best for them.

Pennywise

I though Monster was localised in America, I even read reviews of the DVD collection in ANN

There is definitely market for, me thinks. Baccano sold decently and the Anime industry is getting more mature by the day. The problem is that the companies are expecting a large profit and a fast one which doesn't make sense. Manga have already commented on how profitable was it for them when they started localising more mature shows such Eden of the East and Tatami Galaxy because they negotiated a bit harsher with Japanese Animation studios on their royalties.

Yes, Some shows do not have the market, but Naoki Urasawa stuff should definitely sell.
It wasn't finished.
They just released one box with 15 episodes and that's it.
Monster is a different beast.
Eden of East got a lighter setting and got humor along with the more severe topics and it's nowhere near as long as Monster.
Animes are alot harder with the license fees companies have to pay, so I don't blame them :(

I'm glad they're even releasing Urasawas newest manga Billy Bat here in Germany.
Monster was pretty hard to get, after all issues were published.
Still thinking about buying the new prints that are getting released now.

I haven't yet, but I've been meaning too. I have seen Kaiba though which is also incredible.
You will like it.

K1LLER7

The dude set up a huge universe, one that will never get continued, let alone finished.
Life sucks, why doesn't he just give the series to someone else to do the drawing for him and let him come up with the ideas, ala Death Note's Ohba/Obata combo?
That would be ideal but I can't see it happening :(

faridmon

I can't help it if you don't like the bits with fucking, there's no accounting for taste when you attempt to apply self-abstaining moral standards to cartoon women/adolescents.

Believe me, I pride myself in 2d/3d equality when it comes to fucking. I don't discriminate against cartoon Woman and their ability to entertain us with so much pleasure.

But with the amount of censoring, there might as well not be fucking.

faridmon

Didn't Aronofsky buy the rights to Satoshi Kon's works? He stole so much material, Black Swan being a good example of it.

I don't know man, Black Swan was amazing, a rip off or not. But if he makes another Noah, again, I'll call him out as a fraud.

A thief with good track record is good, when you stop making it good, then you are thief.

I've missed you Farid-chan.

<3

Good to be back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom