• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

QQ4JSv6.jpg

dat goal machine

What a penalty shootout. At one point Gomes could have won promotion for me, but he missed it the cunt and had to the 15th kick to finally get it.

Everyone in my team are unhappy though, they don't like me as a person. Premier league is going to be hard.

Linius

yEJXVpG.png

Imagine playing a game like this, near perfect.

And then you realize one of those red arrows (the top one) directly led to the only goal we conceded tonight. I kind of feel bad for him :(

K1LLER7

Fuck, I hope not.
Read that he's a doubt :(

It's not his knee though, which is good.

Need him to start. Costa will play.

Expecting to lose, taking anything from the game will be a suprise. We can cause their defence problems, but our defence sucks :(

Big, empty areas that you have to walk through all the time, boring (repetitive) quests, lame fighting system, bland music, it's honestly not that good. Nonetheless it would still be fairly entertaining, if it didn't just drag on that much. Everything just takes so long. I don't even really play, I just let my character walk to a place, press the left mouse button until everything is dead, then walk back.

I honestly can't fathom how this game got a Metacritic score of 86. At all. Unless they all stopped early into the second chapter.

It picks up a lot in chapter 2.

But Witcher 2 is just a better game every sense.

arkon

Another point, another game unbeaten. I like that we're showing some fight now and actually turning some games round. Even Wells scored. Good times.

Anyone else get the feeling that we're making a conscious effort to get Borini to fuck off in January? Our strikers have been terrible, and he still can't get a game. Wouldn't be surprised if we tried bringing in 2 more strikers in January, maybe including Origi.

By his standards, Ronaldo was poor today imo

K1LLER7

its not like falcao is going to save you from the chelski spetsnaz though. Man has one goal.
If Fergie is right and Jones plays like the GOAT United player ever, then we have a chance.

Falcao is our best available striker (Rooney is out :p). He'll at least try to get onto the end of crosses. RVP is off it and Falcao has looked good whenever he's played.

None of that really matters though. Fellaini will elbow Matic into the ground. The people's elbow.

Tubie

Jese and Coentrao will be back soon.

What an insane bench we will have for the second half of the season :O

Yea he made a lot of stupid decisions, he either made a bad pass when he had to shoot or shot when he had to pass.

K1LLER7

Anyone else get the feeling that we're making a conscious effort to get Borini to fuck off in January? Our strikers have been terrible, and he still can't get a game. Wouldn't be surprised if we tried bringing in 2 more strikers in January, maybe including Origi.

Rumours/paper talk of Berahino being a target. Scored again today.

Agree on Ronaldo not playing very well. His final ball was off, although he's always a threat with the counters.

Could've been worse for Barca if Bale was fit. Probably would have had added Mathieu to his list.

Alves was the worst player on the pitch.

Carbonox

Rumours/paper talk of Berahino being a target. Scored again today.

Agree on Ronaldo not playing very well. His final ball was off, although he's always a threat with the counters.

Could've been worse for Barca if Bale was fit. Probably would have had added Mathieu to his list.

Alves was the worst player on the pitch.

I forgot he was even playing. Barca were cack.

Was Alba injured btw?

He's a better LB than Mathieu by far, and Mathieu is a better CB than Pique by far. Pique is a joke. Wasn't impressed by any Barca player actually, nobody stepped up after the Neymar goal. Not much Bravo could have done tbf to him.

And they were let down by Pique, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Alves, the players who have spent the most time there

K1LLER7

Killer's post reminded me of Jones' game away at Madrid. Him and De Gea were incredible
Welbeck too :(

Tommorow, Di Maria will get kicked......a lot.

I would play:

----------- Falcao/RVP ----------

Di Maria -- Fellaini -- Valencia/Januzaj

------ Blind ----- Herrera ----

Shaw --- Rojo - Jones - Rafael

-------------- De Gea --------------

Man Transparent is a really good show. I can certainly see the six feet under similarities that people have talked about.

Was Alba injured btw?

He's a better LB than Mathieu by far, and Mathieu is a better CB than Pique by far. Pique is a joke. Wasn't impressed by any Barca player actually, nobody stepped up after the Neymar goal. Not much Bravo could have done tbf to him.

And they were let down by Pique, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Alves, the players who have spent the most time there

Alba was on the bench. I guess Enrique was scared of Real Madrids heading ability and decided to add some more height to the team. Fission mailed.

Tubie

Was Alba injured btw?

No it was a tactical decision from Luis Enrique. He wanted both Pique and Mathieu in for their height, but he didn't want to sit either Mascherano or Busquets.

Scum

Xavi should should be benched or just retire.
Pique and Alves should be sold. Rotate Mascherano with Busquets more.
Get 2 new CBs and a defensive minded RB. Play Rakitic more.

K1LLER7

I forgot he was even playing. Barca were cack.
He was terrible.

Alves rolling around on the floor whilst Pepe rose up to score the header was jokes.

Was Alba injured btw?

Thought they played well for the first 20 minutes and that Messi miss could have changed the game.

Barca were clearly on top at that time, were using the ball well, getting in behind Marcelo and Suarez was on it. However, the miss and then Madrid getting & scoring the pen really flattened Barca. Madrid just looked confident again as soon as they got the equaliser.

Great to watch them counter teams. The 3rd goal was amazing.

K1LLER7

Xavi should should be benched or just retire.
Pique and Alves should be sold. Rotate Mascherano with Busquets more.
Get 2 new CBs and a defensive minded RB. Play Rakitic more.
Dat transfer ban :p

Thought Rakitic was poor after coming on. Nowhere near as good as Modric, who was amazing again.

Where's Vermaelen?

Scum

Busquets in DM and Masch at CB works against most La Liga teams, but doing it against elite teams is fucking stupid.

Pffft. Barca should not have a DM sitting in as a CB. Just fucking buy one. Or two. Not like they'll have trouble attracting a half decent one who knows when to stay back and stick a boot in.

Just remembered Vermaelen...

RAWK have deleted and banned all player-threads, so there's nothing to talk about outside the post-match threads

I think the admins and mods are trying to kill the forum

Carbonox

Man, thinking of Mannone on MotD makes me laugh every time.

Warnock's little jig and kick during the Crystal Palace game.

Missing an open goal with Kroos in FIFA against my mate.

Today's been superb.

What on Earth...?! lool

Apparently people were talking too much about other players in the player-thread ie the Lovren thread turning into a debate about whether we'd have been better off keeping Agger and Lovren's chances of coming good. I know right, people using a forum to express their legitimate opinions. Bloody disgrace it is.

So now the only threads which are allowed are match threads, and threads about players as long as they're wrapped around a wider point. So if I want to spark a debate about what Allen provides over Coutinho, I have to make a long-winded OP called something stupid like 'The Advantages of Welsh Steel As Compared To Brazilian Flair YNWA'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom