• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Have you heard from your latest interview? I'm sure you will get it

Should hear on Tuesday.

Not entirely sure if I'll like it (if I do get it), but like kharma says you can't be picky; which I absolutely have been up to now.

Made up for the lads who have made it here. It's the dream. Now look at us. We're going to the IMAX.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
as cool as giving a 'Like' to causes on fb.
well, no...but it's like writing a post on fb about a cause, you daft cunt.
I feel really bad for the people who're struggling to find a job; I got so lucky and if I didn't get my job after graduating I guarantee I'd have been in the same position. So much of it is down to luck. Can't imagine how demoralised I'd have been if I was in Preston sat on my arse six months after Uni.
It's not so bad, I loved every minute of that awkward phase between finding my first job and graduating! It's the only period in your life where you're truly young and free!

everything will work out in the end. #believe

bjaelke

Should hear on Tuesday.

Not entirely sure if I'll like it (if I do get it), but like kharma says you can't be picky; which I absolutely have been up to now.

Made up for the lads who have made it here. It's the dream. Now look at us. We're going to the IMAX.

You can be (kinda) picky as soon as you manage to land the first job because then the pressure is off. First job takes a huge weight of your shoulders. It lets you write the magical word experience on your resume - even if it's not relevant to the job you're applying for.

Blablurn

why do you want to go to Beijing? Isn't Germany a much better place than China overall?

I need to leave this country. Even if conditions are better here

Isn't Beijing in like an eternal smog.

Sometimes :p

Not a good approach mate. If you don't get it, learn from it and move on. If China is the dream, keep applying. Something will come your way.

You're right of course!

Elchele

I need to leave this country. Even if conditions are better here

Sometimes :p

You're right of course!

I guess you don't want to tell why. Fair enough.
And keep in mind you could find a good job in Germany first, to gain experience, and then move to China (if this application fails). You still have a lot of years ahead of you, no need to hurry everything up

nitewulf

of all places, why mainland China? surely Hong Kong, Taiwan are a lot more cosmopolitan.

Anyway, when will Walcott be back, and what's the update on Koscielny?

Blablurn

I guess you don't want to tell why. Fair enough.
And keep in mind you could find a good job in Germany first, to gain experience, and then move to China (if this application fails). You still have a lot of years ahead of you, no need to hurry everything up

Thanks elsk. Let's hope for the best

Go to Shanghai or Hong Kong dude. Beijing is an unlivable mess! D:

I want to! shanghai is my favourite city in the world <3

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
watnei35.gif

OH BABY

love that second I-made-a-huge-mistake punch :lol

of all places, why mainland China? surely Hong Kong, Taiwan are a lot more cosmopolitan.

Anyway, when will Walcott be back, and what's the update on Koscielny?

Shanghai is pretty cosmopolitan these days. I find that my American friends have the most fun in Shanghai/Tokyo/Seoul.

Hong Kong and Taipei doesn't really give you a "China" experience tbh.

Took my GMAT today - which is basically just the entrance test for Business School/MBA if you're not aware.

Got a 680 'unofficial' score. Satisfactory, but was a bit disappointed not to get over 700. For some reason I hardly improved at all from the first practice test, which is weird since when I took the first practice I had completely forgotten everything I needed for the test (just high school level maths and english grammar). Think I got screwed with the question choices. You can actually just take the test again and again until you get the score you want, but as 680 is basically enough to get into every school in the world it's not really worth the time or money.

Anyway, I guess now I'm gonna have to take a crash course in German or some shit, because the French and Japanese governments are so fucking useless. Speak to me Bundesgaf.

In America? Median at Harvard last year was 730. So if you can raise it, I'd highly recommend it.

K1LLER7

Good luck grad bro's.

Had 4 interviews, recieved positive feedback from all, however 3 were offered to people internal and 1 to another graduate.

Still applying and trying to stay positive but that's hard at times :(

Blablurn

Good luck grad bro's.

Had 4 interviews, recieved positive feedback from all, however 3 were offered to people internal and 1 to another graduate.

I need to apply for welfare money because I aint got a job yet. I hate that. Even with a college degree I couldnt prevent that. But someone gotta pay for the health insurance.

Good luck grad bro's.

Doesn't that just make you feel like they've wasted your time? Do the internal interviews first, unless it's massively urgent surely.

bjaelke

Portugal XI vs France: Rui Patricio, Cédric, Pepe, Bruno Alves, Eliseu, Tiago, João Moutinho, André Gomes, Danny, Nani, Cristiano Ronaldo.

France XI vs Portugal: Mandanda, Evra, Varane, Mangala, Sagna, Pogba, Cabaye, Matuidi, Valbuena, Benzema, Griezmann.

Blablurn

what is it about beijing that makes you so desperate to wanna move there, bla.

help me understand.

The job I'm applying for is in Beijing. One of the few jobs so far I'm actually interested in. They look for an editor from Germany. I fullfill all their requirements. I prepared my CV, even recorded a radio sample (something they asked for).

K1LLER7

Doesn't that just make you feel like they've wasted your time? Do the internal interviews first, unless it's massively urgent surely.
Tbh it does, however they only told me about it after I pressed for further feedback. Otherwise I doubt they would have mentioned it.

Its good experience though, and I feel I've gotten a lot better with each one. Hopefully the next one will land me a job offer.

bud

The job I'm applying for is in Beijing. One of the few jobs so far I'm actually interested in. They look for an editor from Germany. I fullfill all their requirements. I prepared my CV, even recorded a radio sample (something they asked for).

oh, misread your post.

well.

okay.

Elchele

pls share the radio samples with us

pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom