• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Di Marzio: "Juve asked about Khedira but it seems like he already has an agreement with another club."

..Arsenal?

More like Chelsea
l1x61OA.png

El Topo

I only need to get to level A2 to meet the requirements. Which is really pretty basic stuff, a few hundred words and simple conversations like giving directions. So if you could just give me a run down of the 500 most common German words that'd be really great.

In no particular order:
Dortmund, ist, eine, blöde, Stadt, und, insbesondere, der, Fußball, Verein, stinkt, im, Gegensatz, zu, München

Okay, Dortmund and München are names. Let me try again.

Ein, bestimmter, schwarz-gelber, Verein, ist, viel, schlechter, als, der, wesentlich, bessere, erfolgreichere, und, beliebtere, aus, dem, Süden

Di Marzio: "Juve asked about Khedira but it seems like he already has an agreement with another club."

..Arsenal?

Dodged a bullet there.

Blablurn

In no particular order:
Dortmund, ist, eine, blöde, Stadt, und, insbesondere, der, Fußball, Verein, stinkt, im, Gegensatz, zu, München

Okay, Dortmund and München are names.

Ein, bestimmter, schwarz-gelber, Verein, ist, viel, schlechter, als, der, wesentlich, bessere, erfolgreichere, und, beliebtere, aus, dem, Süden

Dodged a bullet there.

Unglaublich!

Arnie

I feel really bad for the people who're struggling to find a job; I got so lucky and if I didn't get my job after graduating I guarantee I'd have been in the same position. So much of it is down to luck. Can't imagine how demoralised I'd have been if I was in Preston sat on my arse six months after Uni.

WJD

I feel really bad for the people who're struggling to find a job; I got so lucky and if I didn't get my job after graduating I guarantee I'd have been in the same position. So much of it is down to luck. Can't imagine how demoralised I'd have been if I was in Preston sat on my arse six months after Uni.

Aye. Fucking stumbled into mine and wasn't even particularly interested when driving to my interview. Even after my interview I was iffy but when the offer came through over the phone it was too good to turn down and I just panicked and accepted it.

Been here for 3 weeks now and it's a brilliant place with massive clients. Even if it's not something I stick with for the rest of my career I couldn't have asked for a better place to start off at 21.

Moving halfway down the country and away from the missus has been the hardest thing.

I got pretty lucky as well. Everyone where I work is either MSc or PhD. I've no idea why they hired me.

edit: actually that's not true, there's a guy with a history degree who started as an intern. He's ridiculously clever.

bjaelke

Took me 14 months to find something after completing my master and it is in no way related to my degree. Not that I'm complaining. Colleagues are great and pay is fantastic.

Arnie

Aye. Fucking stumbled into mine and wasn't even particularly interested when driving to my interview. Even after my interview I was iffy but when the offer came through over the phone it was too good to turn down and I just panicked and accepted it.

Been here for 3 weeks now and it's a brilliant place with massive clients. Even if it's not something I stick with for the rest of my career I couldn't have asked for a better place to start off at 21.

Moving halfway down the country and away from the missus has been the hardest thing.

Exactly, pretty similar situation.

Bits are tough. I'm over a year on since moving to London and I still don't have a large circle of friends here like I did at Uni. Luckily I live with my best mate and all of my colleagues have become good friends that I can go out and drink with, etc.

Sometimes I do wish I was at home. Few home mates are off for a mad one in Liverpool tonight (Smeghead on here is going). Wish I was tagging on to that one.

kharma45

It is. Just got to apply for everything and hope for the best. Can't be choosy in this market.

What sort of work are you in?

WJD

Exactly, pretty similar situation.

Bits are tough. I'm over a year on since moving to London and I still don't have a large circle of friends here like I did at Uni. Luckily I live with my best mate and all of my colleagues have become good friends that I can go out and drink with, etc.

Sometimes I do wish I was at home. Few home mates are off for a mad one in Liverpool tonight (Smeghead on here is going). Wish I was tagging on to that one.

My best mate (also an Evertonian) is working up at Scunthorpe as their head football analyst so I don't have that pleasure anymore. Miss just being able to sit around playing FIFA with our knob and bollocks out.

People at work are cool though and all game for a drink or several.

What sort of work are you in?

B2B Marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom