• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Wasteland 2 is done, moving on to The Evil Within. Horse, tell me what I need for that superior PC experience (no black borders, fps unlocked). Plskthx.

Randdalf

I remember them being in it 2005 right?, but that time I was in college in US and watching PL games was basically impossible. I just followed United results online :)

I didn't really start following and watching games more regularly till 4-5 years ago.

We were actually in it in 2010 (the year we got relegated). Runner up in the FA Cup, when Kevin Price-Boateng injured Ballack just before the World Cup.

vXWLfIh.png

YES!

Falcao

Scum

How much for Clyne, 3Sixty?

Neville's absolutely right, this southern softies shit has been happening for half a century, it's a culture within the club.

I trust Pochettino to sort it out in time, our squad isn't as young and hungry as Southampton's was so it will take longer to drill these things into the players, but I know he understands what is wrong. A bunch of Spurs fans are spouting the usual Jamie Redknapp garbage of 'go back to 442' but they don't understand the basic problem. That Newcastle equaliser would have happened regardless.

I want to see more of 'ArriKane in the league. :<

El Topo

Come on, we know Ronaldo will get ballon d'or. So what if he was utter shit at the World Cup? At least he's consistently shit at the World Cup.

El Topo

It's going to be Ronaldo again.

Bla had a meltdown when Ribery didn't win last year iirc.

That was some bullshit though, especially the extension of the voting period. The in-detail analysis of the voting showed some of the problems of the system as well. Still a good choice though.

Wilbur

Banned
Well, Ronaldo's had a better year individually than Neuer. /adnauseumargument

vXWLfIh.png

YES!

Falcao

Not sure who should start at CB to be honest. Evans has been shit this year, McNair is too inexperienced. Feels weird saying I want Smalling to play.

Valencia's a decent option though, whether starting or off the bench. Can defend, brings physicality.

Doesn't matter if Falcao's available m8. Waz and Rob are.

Don't really think he's a shoe in for the Balon D'or. He's gotten hot right now at the right time to sway voters, but he was injured in the 2nd half of last season wasn't he? That contributed to his awful performance in the CL final and he ended up missing the 2nd leg of the Dortmund tie. He also had a bad World Cup. People will cite the CL goal record, but you have to remember that some of those goals were actually used for last season's balon d'or voting.

Though I'm not sure who should get it.

edit: 9 of Ronaldo's goals came in the group stages, which were all before November 29, the deadline to vote for the Balon D'or due to extending the time period.

Don't really think he's a shoe in for the Balon D'or. He's gotten hot right now at the right time to sway voters, but he was injured in the 2nd half of last season wasn't he? That contributed to his awful performance in the CL final and he ended up missing the 2nd leg of the Dortmund tie. He also had a bad World Cup. People will cite the CL goal record, but you have to remember that some of those goals were actually used for last season's balon d'or voting.

Though I'm not sure who should get it.

edit: 9 of Ronaldo's goals came in the group stages, which were all before November 29, the deadline to vote for the Balon D'or due to extending the time period.

Fair point, although I'm not sure I can name one other player in better form than he is currently. Actually, he's in a league of his own - averaging 2 goals per game. I'm pretty sure he'll get it, he deserves it.

Clegg

It'll be Ronaldo. Broke the record for most goals in one CL campaign and is on fire atm. Germany's world cup winners will split the vote and Ronaldo will walk it.

It'll be Ronaldo. Broke the record for most goals in one CL campaign and is on fire atm. Germany's world cup winners will split the vote and Ronaldo will walk it.

The record (17 goals) means crap in my eyes because more than half of those goals were counted for last year's balon d'or voting. It would be awful if they ended up counting 9 of those goals for 2 years of balon d'or voting.

Still I can't see anyone else winning as he's on fire at the moment. Think Messi has a chance if he goes on a scoring run, but it doesn't look like he will.

Zidane has been banned from coaching for 3 months because he doesn't have all qualifications to do it. Apparently has a level 2 license, but needs a Level 3 license. :lol

Clegg

How did Corporal Timmeh get around that lack of qualifications thing? Iirc he didn't have all his coaching badges. Maybe he he had the minimum amount to get the job idk. Jesus, Spurs made a complete hash out of that.

Not sure who should start at CB to be honest. Evans has been shit this year, McNair is too inexperienced. Feels weird saying I want Smalling to play.

Valencia's a decent option though, whether starting or off the bench. Can defend, brings physicality.

Doesn't matter if Falcao's available m8. Waz and Rob are.

Aguero gonna run wild at that defense. Honestly don't trust either of those CBs to do well against a striker that is good on his feet. Might as well stick with Rojo - Smalling and keep consistency going.

Falcao please over RVP :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom