• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol none of the England players gave a shit that Wilshere was rolling around on the floor

they know his schtick

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
'he should do better'

Yes, Andy, he should at least touch the fucking ball.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bzu2BERCQAAJJRf.jpg:large

Del Piero, Trezeguet, Pires, Ljungberg etc

Hixx

Did well with Sunderland (albeit they were expected to get promotion) and stayed up in his second year. Shit started going down after though, but it may have just been a slump in form, I can't remember.

Mid table mediocrity with Ipswich. Presumably his roles with Ireland and Villa are with a view to doing one of them in the future.

No we weren't.

We were bottom of the Championship and knocked out of the League Cup by Bury when he came in. If Quinn hadn't come in we'd have been liquidated, if Keane hadn't come in we would have been relegated.

We were in dire straits that season, the job he and Quinny did was as miraculous as what Gus did last season imo.

Wilbur

Banned
No we weren't.

We were bottom of the Championship and knocked out of the League Cup by Bury when he came in. If Quinn hadn't come in we'd have been liquidated, if Keane hadn't come in we would have been relegated.

We were in dire straits that season, the job he and Quinny did was as miraculous as what Gus did last season imo.

after like 4 games after just being relegated, he came in at the end of August right? pls

edit: not to mention the amount of players they signed. Quinn did a top job, Keane did a top job. But I'd still say after one month of shit results you were still one of the favourites to go up.

Hixx

after like 4 games after just being relegated, he came in at the end of August right? pls

He took over the remnants (the shit we couldn't get rid of!) worst Premier League team ever and we were looking like one of the worst Championship teams ever.

No offence, Wiblur, but what do you know about what happened at SAFC 8 years ago? Not a great deal, I'd wager.

Seriously, we were not one of the favourites to go up when he came in.

Wilbur

Banned
He took over the remnants (the shit we couldn't get rid of!) worst Premier League team ever and we were looking like one of the worst Championship teams ever.

No offence, Wiblur, but what do you know about what happened at SAFC 8 years ago? Not a great deal, I'd wager.

Seriously, we were not one of the favourites to go up when he came in.

I remember when Keane came in, I remember the Bury game. Just relegated, Quinn takes over and puts money into the club, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that after four games out of 46 you still could have been favourites.

I'm not saying Keane did what was exactly expected of him, but a club of your size, added to this:

Keane signed a three-year deal immediately after Sunderland's victory over West Bromwich Albion on 28 August, the Mackems' first win of the 2006–07 season after a dreadful run of four consecutive defeats under Quinn's temporary management. With his new club sitting in the relegation zone already, second bottom of the Championship table, Keane chose to enforce changes quickly. His first actions as manager were deciding to keep the existing assistant manager, Bobby Saxton, and to appoint his former Nottingham Forest colleague Tony Loughlan as head coach. He wasted no time in bringing in new additions to the squad, with a total of six players signing on the final day of the August transfer window. The most notable signings were Keane's former Manchester United team-mates Dwight Yorke[81] and Liam Miller,[82] supported by former Celtic colleagues Ross Wallace and Stanislav Varga, [83] as well as Wigan Athletic pair Graham Kavanagh and David Connolly.

Six new players on deadline day, all good enough for the Championship, with Quinn's consortium behind them... After only four league games.

I'm not saying I know more than you, just that I disagree I suppose if come the end of August you're a maximum of 12 points off the top of the table with 42 games left, with brand new owners, a new manager and a lot of new signings. Keane did a great job to claw that back and win the league. But it doesn't read to me like an absolute miracle.

Hixx

Novice chairman, novice manager, the signings were decent but not "wow we're going to win the league".

We had a defence made of players like Kenny Cunningham who was about 500, Lewin Nyatanga, Danny Collins, Nosworthy.

On paper, apart from Yorkie, we were a proper average Championship team. Underplaying his achievement is weird.

Wilbur

Banned
Novice chairman, novice manager, the signings were decent but not "wow we're going to win the league".

We had a defence made of players like Kenny Cunningham who was about 500, Lewin Nyatanga, Danny Collins, Nosworthy.

On paper, apart from Yorkie, we were a proper average Championship team. Underplaying his achievement is weird.

Eh, I'll bow to your superior knowledge.

edit: that sounds like snark but it isn't :lol

Hahahaha did you hear that

Your hair is fucking terrible

Has there ever been less interest in an England match, let alone a competitive one?

Chambers and Rooney are brass btw

What the fuck would Le Tissier know about fitness, given the fact that he was never given a chance with England cos he was a lazy cunt who couldn't be arsed to run towards his own goal.

Wilbur

Banned
Chambers runs like a farmer who has been told by his dad to go check on the sheep and when he hasn't moved fast enough has been shouted at to hurry so he breaks into a light fucking jog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom