• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

enishi

Argentina 3:0 Hong Kong HT
• Ever Banega 19'
• Gonzalo Higuaín 42'
• Nicolas Gaitán 44'

Messi, Di Maria on bench (they must play since it is in contract)

The Hong Kong Stadium is still in poor condition, just a bit better due to dry weather in Autumn. Not even a single match has played there this season! It is horrible. (Government just puts the money for tear gas instead of a usable stadium)

Slizz

I'd like to see a Footy-GAF commercial just like the Evil Within TV spot I've been seeing.

I can just imagine a creepy smile on Wooden's face as tons of scary shit happens.

Meier

This Gotham show is a bit poop, young Bruce Wayne can't act for shit.
I've watched the first two episodes and found it passable. The forced references are pretty dumb though. I don't follow the comics but I assume The Riddler working for Gotham PD isn't canon. Poison Ivy randomly being the daughter of some perp who is being framed for the Wayne's murders in the first episode..save that reveal for later at least.

El Topo

He is better than Schmelzer and Großkreutz though. Never understood why both of them were ever considered playing for the N11.

Großkreutz can play many positions and seems like a funny guy, like Poldi probably good for the atmosphere.

Durm is just having that second year in professional football. He'll get through it.

Probably, doesn't change that he's one of our weaker links right now.

He is better than Schmelzer and Großkreutz though. Never understood why both of them were ever considered playing for the N11.

Schmelzer still gets too much shit, sure, he is no Lahm and never will be. But if used right, he's a decent LB and if you look at other LB options (Aogo, Jansen), he was the best in the last few years. The problem is that Löw never bothered to use Schmelzer in the right way. Schmelzer needs a coach that gives him confidence, Löw did the opposite, blamed him for goals and talked bad about him in public repeatedly. Add that Löw's tactics have no proper cover for the fullbacks and you have a recipe for a disaster.

Jack cw

Schmelzer still gets too much shit, sure, he is no Lahm and never will be. But if used right, he's a decent LB and if you look at other LB options (Aogo, Jansen), he was the best in the last few years. The problem is that Löw never bothered to use Schmelzer in the right way. Schmelzer needs a coach that gives him confidence, Löw did the opposite, blamed him for goals and talked bad about him in public repeatedly. Add that Löw's tactics have no proper cover for the fullbacks and you have a recipe for a disaster.
Schmelzer does not only need to be caressed but also a winger in front of him who helps him in defence as well as one central midfielder backing him up and run in all those open spcaes he leaves because of his poor positioning. We already have Özil that the other 10 players have to carry through the game.
Brainpower you said?
LOL that actually fits both of them :/

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Argentina Coach Gerardo Martino revealed after their loss to Brazil “Carlos Tevez will certainly be called up soon”

Laugh-Arnold.gif

HUMBLE PIE FOR EVERYONE
Go Berardi.

So they can pretend shit players had amazing international careers *cough*Rooney*cough*

OH BABY

pappe

David Trezeguet is playing for an Indian side. He is playing against Del Piero now.

We have made it on the big stage.

Holy shit! Del Piero got the biggest cheer from the crowd when he came on.

European football aint ready for the ISL.

Grown men standing in the terraces holding hands chanting homophobic and racist things.

Will be so much confusion.

dc89

Eurgh what an afternoon.

Ended up getting locked out of my gf's sisters house. The house keys, my house keys, my car key, phone and MacBook all on the inside. Oh and my shoes.

Locked out, in the drizzle. fml.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Eurgh what an afternoon.

Ended up getting locked out of my gf's sisters house. The house keys, my house keys, my car key, phone and MacBook all on the inside. Oh and my shoes.

Locked out, in the drizzle. fml.

smash the door down

say someone was trying to break in and you fended them off

come out looking like a hero

you can still rescue this

Schmelzer does not only need to be caressed but also a winger in front of him who helps him in defence as well as one central midfielder backing him up and run in all those open spcaes he leaves because of his poor positioning. We already have Özil that the other 10 players have to carry through the game.

Schmelzer worked fine with Reus last season and although he puts a lot of effort into it, Reus isn't a defensive minded winger. Löw's tactics just leave huge open spaces when a fullback is going forward, that's the way it is. Lahm was able to make up for that most of the time but he was the best fullback out there. The 4 CBs tactic at the WC was terrible but the best Löw could do without changing his style. He basically let the CBs sit back and defend and the midfielders attack like 2 seperate units. It's no surprise that in the tight matches, Neuer (Algeria), Hummels (France) and Boateng (Argentina) needed to put in world class performances to save the team.

You really should look deeper than just saying BVB player X is shit. The fullback spots are a problem for pretty much every club/team out there and there are lots of only decent and some rather shit fullbacks in top teams (see Rafinha) that play and it still works fine.

Meier

Loving the Hozier album. Amazing that he played SNL this past weekend -- think From Eden is one of the best songs of the year for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom