• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Does it really make that big a difference?

Hodgson is an idiot. We know this. He should have said nothing about it at all.

Sterling, either himself or when asked, said he felt tired. It amounts to the same thing - that he's not able to give his best. Good on him for being honest about it and if Hodgson spotted it himself, not that it was hard, good on him too for initiating that.

England football team man - tragic.

Narratively there is a big difference between the amount of abuse and debate Sterling would be receiving.

The narrative Woy has helped to pushed: a 19 year old is telling his boss he is too tired to work, footballers wages for soldiers etc

Quite different from: A due diligent boss noticing that his employee is underperforming, asks he him a few questions and realises that he needs a break in order to work at his best.

He threw Sterling under a bus.

El Topo

because you're a Bundesface and you don't know half of them

Come on, that team would have lost against Australia without the ref and the other team that reached the final was a French team long past its prime. It felt like the teams were all in transition back then.

Suarez: "When I say sorry it’s because I regret something. But I've been judged on things that aren’t true, such as the racism thing."

Suarez: "When it was me who did wrong I accepted it & begged forgiveness. But the racism thing, I was accused w/o evidence, that upset me"

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

He can't help himself.

Resi Evil 4 is one of the greatest games of all time. Fair enough if you think it's clunky or not fun to play because of the controls (which are pretty shit tbh lol) but I never had any problems because of them really.

@Hitcher, why are they cutting down the Nectar points?? :(

Resi Evil 4 is one of the greatest games of all time. Fair enough if you think it's clunky or not fun to play because of the controls (which are pretty shit tbh lol) but I never had any problems because of them really.

@Hitcher, why are they cutting down the Nectar points?? :(

To save money basically

When you think about it, nobody is gonna stop shopping at Sainsbury's because they get the equivalent of 50p back per weekly shop rather than £1

But think about how much money that'll save the company over just a year. Cunts.

Imagine there'll be quite a few similar changes as the likes of Morrisons, Lidl and Aldi grow, and more towns start getting easy access to 3 or 4 supermarkets, rather than 1 or 2. Plus Justin King left, and his replacement will want to make a mark.

Our store is fucked if the arse falls out of our profits, we're below a block of flats and a council car park, so there's no way they could just lay everyone off and up sticks if it goes tits up, it'd have to be converted into a different franchise probably.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Come on, that team would have lost against Australia without the ref and the other team that reached the final was a French team long past its prime. It felt like the teams were all in transition back then.

The team with the best individuals (Brazil) doesn't always win ;)

edited*

and the Italian media and players are worse actually "winning Euro 2016? Why not?"

why not? Because the squad is utter shite that's why! GO SIT NEXT TO ENGLAND

Once we change to 4-3-3 all will be made right. I like are squad if everyone is fully fit and available.

The penalty? Have you ever watched football?

Players are just allowed to dive in recklessly and obstruct other players now?

Elchele

Suarez: "When I say sorry it’s because I regret something. But I've been judged on things that aren’t true, such as the racism thing."

Suarez: "When it was me who did wrong I accepted it & begged forgiveness. But the racism thing, I was accused w/o evidence, that upset me"

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

He can't help himself.

calling a black person black (negrito) is racist /england

To save money basically

When you think about it, nobody is gonna stop shopping at Sainsbury's because they get the equivalent of 50p back per weekly shop rather than £1

But think about how much money that'll save the company over just a year. Cunts.

Imagine there'll be quite a few similar changes as the likes of Morrisons, Lidl and Aldi grow, and more towns start getting easy access to 3 or 4 supermarkets, rather than 1 or 2. Plus Justin King left, and his replacement will want to make a mark.

Our store is fucked if the arse falls out of our profits, we're below a block of flats and a council car park, so there's no way they could just lay everyone off and up sticks if it goes tits up, it'd have to be converted into a different franchise probably.

FFS. I'm not sure how well our store is doing atm, but we're basically in a huge centre next to a Marks & Spencer. If all goes tits up, then I don't know what I'm gonna do :/

Aren't Tesco in trouble too?

spidye

Don't get me wrong, you deserved to win in 2006, I just don't think too highly of the WC teams, same with 2002. I feel like 2010 and 2014 had better squads.

2014 was probably the best wc ever

the spain and brazil drama, ronaldo's "performance" against germany, italy and england implosion,....

so many good moments

Elchele

:lol elsk pls, come to England, go up to a black person and start calling them Negrito. You wouldn't make it home alive

it's a normal thing in Latin America, you just see it as a normal thing to do/say. ofc people should adapt to the culture of the place, England in this case, but that doesn't mean he's a racist.

it's a normal thing in Latin America, you just see it as a normal thing to do/say. ofc people should adapt to the culture of the place, England in this case, but that doesn't mean he's a racist.

he is not a racist, but he said a racist word and deserved to be punished.

FootballFan

GracefulFeminineBorzoi.gif

YES THIAGO

Jesus Christ.

How is that even possible.

dc89

I had the strangest dream last night.

All I remember is that FF won some sort of Watch Dogs competition - I don't know how he won or what he had to do. As part of winning he had to do a television interview.

His interview was conducted as if he was some witness to a crime and he didn't want to be identified. He was all shadowy and his voice was altered. The banner at the bottom of the screen just said "Football Fan - NeoGAF"

Can someone tell me what this means?

All I remember is that FF won some sort of Watch Dogs competition - I don't know how he won or what he had to do. As part of winning he had to do a television interview.

His interview was conducted as if he was some witness to a crime and he didn't want to be identified. He was all shadowy and his voice was altered. The banner at the bottom of the screen just said "Football Fan - NeoGAF"

It means you have to re-evaluate your life if you are dreaming about members of an online forum.

I sometimes dream that I have a tag

confuziz

Banned

I completed all my Steam games..

Then I woke up.

Sounds like Grey Fox to me.

#mgsdream

Wasn't the conversation something like Evra: "Why did you kick me?"
Suarez: "Because you are black"

Walshy

Raymond Verheijen has been criticising Hodgson over Twitter over Sterling comments:

Raymond Verheijen @raymondverheije · 15m 15 minutes ago
Another shocking example of why English managers are becoming extinct is England national team manager Roy Hodgson. According to Hodgson, there is no evidence that certain players (Sterling/Sturridge) need longer recovery time compared to other players.

Firstly, 19-year old players do not have a fully matured body yet. So for them the game demands are higher & will develop much more fatigue. Young players who develop more fatigue during the game need longer time to get rid of this fatigue otherwise they accumulate fatigue in body.

Secondly, Sterling is not only a young but also an explosive player. They have many fast muscle fibres compared to less explosive players. Fast muscle fibres recover slower compared to slow muscle fibres because less blood & oxygen is running through these fast muscle fibers. This is why explosive players like Sterling need longer recovery time after a game to get rid of fatigue compared to less explosive player. If explosive players do not get extra recovery time & are treated in the same way as other players, they accumulate fatigue in their body.

Thirdly accumulation of fatigue due to insufficient recovery makes the nervous system slower. The signal from brain to muscles travel slower. If the signal from the brain arrives later in the muscles this means the brain has less control over body during explosive football actions. So there's much evidence that insufficient recovery, accumulation of fatigue & slower nervous system are dramatically increasing injury risk.

England manager Roy Hodgson once again made himself look extremely stupid. He is the perfect example of a typical uneducated English coach. Roy Hodgson's incompetence must be frustrating for educated managers like Brendan Rodgers who travelled the world. Embarrassing to see dinosaur Hodgson questioning the fitness regime of the forward thinking manager Brendan Rodgers.

Verheijen seems to go off at nearly everyone, but I think he has a point here (I may be a little biased though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom